Benoic Quarry

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Avalonia and Benoic is growing stronger every day. Stones from this quarry is sent all over Avalonia to become walls, houses and bridges.

A blacksmith is located at the quarry to support the men with tools. A few men have taken a break and soon they will be served their lunch.

C&C is always welcome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#2 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

I need some dark grey. Fifty horse loads of dark grey. :laugh: Looking good!
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#3 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

I always imagine a quarry being enormously tall, like the side of a mountain.  But this works for me as well.  Lots of good details and thought but into this.  I have used up a lot of stone on the Albion gatehouse, so may I request you send a few cart fulls of stone to me so I may work on my embassy?!

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#4 de Gothia

de Gothia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks!!

Cpt Beerbeard: Sorry to say that this quarry only have light limestone...  :wink:

Z: Yes I thought that aswell, but after seeing this blog http://medievaljames...0&max-results=7 I thought differently. And the carts are on their way!!!

Edited by de Gothia, 11 January 2012 - 03:19 PM.

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#5 K.Kreations

K.Kreations

Member: 21677

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Wow DeGothia! Another great build. I'm way jealous of all the time you have to build. For me, school has been getting buisier.So I have about 4 hours in a school week to build.

But, it's a three and a half day weekend for us.. Embassy time. Well, keep on building!

#6 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just another great build de Gothia you can sense the activity on this Moc.
As the workers sustain and provides the rock we need for our constructions.
I like the selection of minifigures, and the poses they have.
But it seems the quarry is going to be depleted soon, better to start searching for another rock source.  :tongue:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postde Gothia, on 11 January 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Posted Image
Wow!  That is one really strong guy!

At 1.25*2*3 studs or feet, that's 7.5 cubic feet of rock he's carrying. Stone is about 2600 lbs per cubic yard (9 cubic feet), so he's got 2166 lbs (or slightly over a ton)!
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#8 de Gothia

de Gothia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for the comments!  :classic:

Niku: No, the quarry is only in it´s beginning. The rock is continuing under the tree. They just have to clear out the bushes and dirt on top of the rock..

NM: Hehe! Yes I know, we Avalonians are really strong!!  :wink: (the reason I put that brick in his arms is because it looks really silly when he was carry a 1x2 or 1x1 brick! :classic: )

Edited by de Gothia, 11 January 2012 - 06:42 PM.

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#9 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor

• Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yay! Now Avalonia is the center of construction material! The sawmill was already there, now accompanied by the quarry! Awesome.

Construction material monopoly! :laugh:

It's a great build de Gothia, fantastic work. I especially like the amount of detail you always put into your creations. :thumbup:
Cool job fellow guildsman!

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#10 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postde Gothia, on 11 January 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Z: Yes I thought that aswell, but after seeing this blog http://medievaljames...0&max-results=7 I thought differently. And the carts are on their way!!!

Yes, our fantasy interpretations of what a castle should look like, and what it actually does look like very greatly often.  Same thing with the quarry, the "fantasy" version we always envision is probably nothing near accurate.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#11 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostZCerberus, on 11 January 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Yes, our fantasy interpretations of what a castle should look like, and what it actually does look like very greatly often. Same thing with the quarry, the "fantasy" version we always envision is probably nothing near accurate.

When I visited Georgia and Florida, there was a brochure for a "Medieval Joust". I always wondered how American residents can be so interested in the history of another continent. I know all ancestors of them come from Europe, but there are no medieval elements in the USA...

For example, I just have to step outside my house to see already a medieval element (some ruins of a castle near my house). In the city where I study, Ghent, there are lots of Medieval buildings, churches, castles, ... and I can go on like this as here in Flanders, the distance between 2 old cities is 20 miles, there are plenty of them...

Well, I am not telling this because I have some remarks, your MOC's are outstanding, it's just something I wonder sometimes :tongue:

When I have plan for a MOC, I'll never will look for some examples first, I just use my fantasy and the memories of all the buildings I've already seen :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#12 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn

• Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

What a great idea for a moc, loving how you are coming up with these great additions, our land is really coming to life. Great work, with your usuall great attention to detail. Nice to see so many everyday life scenes.

I will update the first page soon and get all these new additions added.

Keep up the great work!
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#13 de Gothia

de Gothia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks!!

Cpt Blackmoor: Yes, now we have constructions material done!  :classic: Let´s pump out some material to our fellow guildsmen!

DaMaximus: Maybe that is the answer, they don´t have thier own middle ages (of course they had, but not in the same aspect as the European knights and so on) so they think that is pretty cool... Knights sells you know!  :tongue:

DC: I just love to come up with ideas for mocs to Avalonia and I´m quite happy with this one as I´ve never seen a Lego quarry before...

Now it´s time for my pottery, if only my potts will arrive soon!  :classic:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#14 Belchher

Belchher

Member: 10911

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

It's a great idea for a MOC, very different, and expertly done as we've come to expect from you.

Also thanks for posting that link to Medieval James, I spent about 2 hours this morning reading it. Was surprised it was a castle being built in the U.S. of all places  :tongue:

#15 kabel

kabel

• lower case

Member: 6745

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I was sure I knew this layout from somewhere, and right, the guy who building the castle in Arkansas is the same guy like in France. Some similar structures, techniques and layout. So what I'm trying to say here, is that you did such an excellent job on your moc that it mirrors reality quite well. I love it.
What I do not like is this Avalonian bragging about you guys being the first ones with a stone quarry, as there is one in Mitgardian Stoneroda too:
Posted Image
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet

Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#16 de Gothia

de Gothia

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thanks guys! Yes that page is great and give a lot of ideas what you can build!

Kabel: I didn´t know that you had a quarry in your moc... I´ve searched for the word quarry in both BS, Flickr and EB and I did´nt found anything. You haven´t mention the quarry in your thread about Stoneroda at all and the pic you linked to now is only in your BS folder so it´s very easy to miss...

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#17 CptMugwash

CptMugwash

Member: 15677

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Great scene De Gothia!  Lot's of detail and action going on, love it!  One thing it's more like a suggestion is the spit roast, I think it should have some rope around it or something like 2 small elastic bands holding it on, I know nobody in their right mind would drill a hole through their pig, or maybe between the legs might work, idk, I just wouldn't do that to my piggies.  Another great moc DG, keep up the good work!  :thumbup:
Please check out my Flickr and MOCpages.
Kcaj Nosnikta of the Kaliphlin Guild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users