Ask any membership and forum-related questions here.

From the Eurobricks FAQ, here are the answers to some of the common questions:

gallery_8966_235_728.png Why can’t I see my profile, or other members’ profiles?

New members’ accounts have a few restrictions in place to keep spammers and bots from abusing the site. Most noticeably, members can’t view personal profiles (including their own) until they have achieved 10 posts. This restriction is lifted automatically when your post count reaches 10.

– this is where all such queries end up.

gallery_8966_235_728.png Why can’t I use my Personal Messenger?

New members can’t use the Personal Messenger to send or receive messages until they have reached 10 posts. Members with the rank of Knight (500 posts) and above can start group PM conversations. The specifics can be found in the User groups and tags reference thread.

- PM restrictions

gallery_8966_235_728.png Why am I unable to post in specific forums?

As an anti-spam measure, new members are denied posting rights in selected forums until they have reached a number of posts.

Can't post until reaching 10 posts:

Can't start a topic until reaching 10 posts:

Can't start a topic until reaching 100 posts:

gallery_8966_235_728.png Where can I find help with the new board features?

If you have trouble finding your way around the new board, head to the EB Visual User Guide for help with all the new (and old) features. Alternatively, you can also have a look at the integrated board help feature.

Lately when I log on to Eurobricks on Google Chrome. A big gray square is covering most of the top banner. Is anyone else experienced this?I also can't access Spoilers.

Edited by lego3364

I can't view the gallery. What's the reason?

The gallery is occasionally used by the staff to host images. Because of storage and bandwidth restrictions, Eurobricks does not allow regular members to upload images (and access to the Gallery) though. Please use an external image host, such as flickr.

What is a member Title? I've seen other people's titles, but can't find where to make one? Is it given by the Mods?

What is a member Title? I've seen other people's titles, but can't find where to make one? Is it given by the Mods?

Yes. Only moderators can give a person a member title. Like me. See.

You can read all about it here. But yes, you're right, they're awarded by EB staff.

Ok, Thanks for the help Everyone!

Edited by lego3364

Is there a topic/thread/section where you can post pictures of your Lego sets?

Well, that's kind of the point of the forum in general. There are multiple different subforums for different themes or lines, if you just want to post a picture of all your sets together I'm sure there is a topic out there for displaying your collection. Otherwise if you're looking to post individual sets doing a review is always a good way to do that.

If you've built your own creations or MOC's then those are always welcome, just try to put them in a forum where they might fit in best like a pirate MOC in the Pirate MOC Forum for example.

Happy browsing.

We call them Tags. Some can be earned by winning competitions, others are awarded for significant contributions to particular subforums and others are just given for fun. Some general information about tags can be found in this topic.

I have problem with my avatar .I cant change it, there is not any line that I can upload photo from my computer and upload line from internet say this "The file selected is too large. Max 0kb", I must use gravatar but Im not sure if it is seen by other users.

Thanks for reply and solution :classic: .

I have problem with my avatar .I cant change it, there is not any line that I can upload photo from my computer and upload line from internet say this "The file selected is too large. Max 0kb", I must use gravatar but Im not sure if it is seen by other users.

Thanks for reply and solution :classic: .

I was experiencing the same thing earlier so I fixed it by making a Gravatar account for free and you can upload images and crop them. It's free and easy to use.

How do I put pictures in replies?

Can you do it on an ipad?

You'd have to upload the pictures to an image hosting service (e.g., flickr) and then link to them in your post (see this thread for a tutorial on how to do it for flickr).

How does one get to post their MOC or LEGO news on the front page of the site? ALso, I am fairly new at all this MODing and MOCing LEGO models. I see that many people place their pictures of their models on different backgrounds. What software is used to be able to do this?

I encountered a problem editing my "About Me" page - mainly that it doesn't allow me to edit it.

I got the following message:

Oops! Something went wrong!

One of the fields you filled in requires values in a specific format, but the value you supplied did not meet this format ('Website URL').

Help?

How does one get to post their MOC or LEGO news on the front page of the site? ALso, I am fairly new at all this MODing and MOCing LEGO models. I see that many people place their pictures of their models on different backgrounds. What software is used to be able to do this?

Staff select what gets posted on the front page. If a MOC attracts a lot of attention or is very good, a member of staff will frontpage it. Exciting news brought by regular members and official news from LEGO or other sources is sent to the staff in some form to be posted. We create contests and other giveaways and give them some time to be publicised.

As for different backdrops, many people use Photoshop or other photo editing software.

I encountered a problem editing my "About Me" page - mainly that it doesn't allow me to edit it.

I got the following message:

I've had a look at your permissions, but I can't see what's causing this. Everything seems to be as it should be, but I'll enlist more technical help. :sweet: