Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Siemens Krauss Maffei Eurosprinter (CP5600)

Recommended Posts

Hi There!

1:45 scale Lego model of the Portuguese Siemens Krauss Maffei Eurosprinter, CP5600

This model has around 2000 parts, custom lights, HA bricks MS wheels, Buwizz 2.0, and two Powerfunctions L motors.

Also, I pay homage to the LLMTC guys by using an LLMTC printed brick on that boring huge grey wall. (they gave me these bricks after participating in one of their amazing events last year)

This is the most ordinary locomotive in Portugal, currently used in all Intercity Trains (where there is electric wire).

LEGO CP5600LEGO - CP5600

 

800px-CP_5600_-_Entroncamento_(768761847

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another excellent model Sérgio. You are becoming a bit of a master at this! :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks amazing @Sérgio!

Since I’m more familiar with this locomotive, I can tell even more how accurate it is. Although funnily enough, the round buffers look oddly wrong to me instead of the more rectangular ones I’m used to seeing on Renfe’s S-252.

I love the subtle detail of the upper windshield corners. It does so much to capture the look. And the ventilation grills feel so satisfyingly flush against the walls and roof.

That huge grey wall is a pity though, it’s like a blank canvas begging to be filled. But hey, that’s CP’s business…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great locomotive. The attention to detail is astonishing. The way you did the angled vents on the roofline is perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You nailed it. The subtle slopes and curves on that locomotive look impossible... and yet you made them possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2024 at 6:11 PM, idlemarvel said:

Another excellent model Sérgio. You are becoming a bit of a master at this! :sweet:

Thank you! I will never be a Master, I'm constantly learning :)

On 4/8/2024 at 1:14 PM, Ferro-Friki said:

It looks amazing @Sérgio!

Since I’m more familiar with this locomotive, I can tell even more how accurate it is. Although funnily enough, the round buffers look oddly wrong to me instead of the more rectangular ones I’m used to seeing on Renfe’s S-252.

I love the subtle detail of the upper windshield corners. It does so much to capture the look. And the ventilation grills feel so satisfyingly flush against the walls and roof.

That huge grey wall is a pity though, it’s like a blank canvas begging to be filled. But hey, that’s CP’s business…

I Updated the Buffers to rectangles, since the CP changed them as well, agree, this is a boring livery :P

On 4/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Great locomotive. The attention to detail is astonishing. The way you did the angled vents on the roofline is perfect.

Thank you so much!

On 4/9/2024 at 8:39 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

You have now reached impossible levels of detail ...against the laws of physics! :wub_drool:
Excellent curly lines and snot techniques! :thumbup:

Still quite fragile, Sturdy enough to run, but I can't pick it up blind :P

On 4/10/2024 at 9:45 AM, Man with a hat said:

Wow, another beauty. Very impressive how you captured the shape. And nice touch with that tin can tile.

Thank you! I thought the Tin can be funny  :)

On 4/17/2024 at 3:50 PM, _TLG_ said:

Nice, accurate model!

Thank you!

On 4/19/2024 at 8:27 AM, Ropefish said:

Always such lovely techniques! Wonderful work 

Thanks!

I took more pictures with the real one next, here is one :)
 

Siemens Krauss-Maffei Eurosprinter Sorefame CP5600 Real vs Lego model

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.