Hi, guys! 

I know that, there is February yet and we're before March release, but let's start new topic! 

So, at first I want to say that 2023 wave is amazing. New brand, new mudguards, new windscreens! Whoah! 

And there are my speculation/cars I want to see in Speed Champions 2024:

~ Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport 25 

OMBk9kpTURBXy84NjZkMDNmNDIyOWM3MDU2Yzk3Y

~ Porsche Taycan 

de94a2df2062c49ba005489dd5b178f1x.jpg

~ Audi e-tron GT

12.jpg

~ BMW M6

P90196763-bmw-m6-competition-edition-09-

~ BMW M4 GT3 & BMW M3 1991

bmw-m4-gt3-philipp-eng-augusto.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

~ Ferrari 499p LMH

Ferr499P-850x430.jpg

~ Ford Focus RS 2021

Ford-Focus-RS2.png

~ Honda Civic Type R

vpklhrlykfvf1ikrvyg6

~ Cadillac LMDH

1-Cadillac-V-LMDh-liveries.jpg

What do you think about my cars? 

What cars would you like to see? Show your speculation/wishlist. 

I think it's far too early. We have not seen all the 2023 models and waves, yet.

Edited by carlo.fadel

2 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

We have not seen all the 2023 models

Wait, what? In this year we'll get another SC wave?

Edited by Bartlomiej

One might speculate there will be a movie car or two later this year. At this point that's just wishlisting and speculation though.

Sorry guys, it is only February 2023. Maybe when something is rumoured for 2024 we can get a thread going but right now this is just a wishlist of cars OP wants to see. 

Just now, Peppermint_M said:

Ok. 2024 leaks and rumours are out . Post away.

Thanks 🙏

So, guys. The latest info about 2024 Speed Champions sets:

• 76919  245 bricks for 27 euro. One car.
  • 76920  344 bricks for 27 euro. One car.
  • 76921 274 bricks for 27 euro. One car.
  • 76922 676 bricks for 50 euro. Double pack.

Well there are about a million cars I'd love to see, but the one that I will formally "request" is a Nissan Z series 2-pack: go for the 50 year gap and give us the 1973 240Z with the 2023 400Z (in vibrant yellow)!

1973_datsun_240z_1601059066308fa4220173Z

p6Lw8PT.png

On 8/2/2023 at 2:25 PM, carlo.fadel said:

Well, I think there Is at least One other set, the exclusive One. Still, missing 76913 seems to be aborted...

I am still curious as to what happened to that set. It just seemed to vanish with nothing else taking its place. 

I want, no NEED, a BTTF DeLorean in Speed Champion scale! (preferably one that is train track-compatible, if that's not too much to ask for.)

...That, or a accurate Mach 5 from the 1960's Speed Racer anime. It's been 15 years since the movie (and movie sets) flopped... I think it's safe to say the hatred has died down by now. ..right?

34 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I want, no NEED, a BTTF DeLorean in Speed Champion scale! (preferably one that is train track-compatible, if that's not too much to ask for.)

Iconic movie tie-ins now seem to be in the SC DNA.
I definitely don’t need another F&F car. I’m not sure I need a De
Lorean either.

Heaven would be a Pontiac twin pack, complete with Burt and The Hoff figures!

and I’d LOVE a Bond Esprit! Particularly if it could also be built in submarine mode! Visually, maybe it’s too soon after the white Countach?

5 hours ago, Carbohydrates said:

Well there are about a million cars I'd love to see, but the one that I will formally "request" is a Nissan Z series 2-pack: go for the 50 year gap and give us the 1973 240Z with the 2023 400Z (in vibrant yellow)!

Honestly, I would love a speed champions car in vibrant yellow, one of my favorite lego colors!

@Murdoch17 I think a speed champions style ecto-1 would be amazing! As well as the delorean Time Machine, and how about herbie the love bug, why not?

Edited by Lemerbrix
The real amity would never misquote the good witch azura!

I am very happy that they will return in 2024. But damn, the increase in prices and the decrease in the number of sets is quite disturbing. Apparently, from what I've read, LEGO plans to continue the SC series in the movie car version for another 10 years, but nothing is known about the "non-movie" versions and from the downward trend of the sets, unfortunately I have a vision that in maybe a year (hopefully not) they will be movie versions only.

Anyway, it would be nice to see converted kits from Technic to SC in 2024:

- LEGO Technic 42166 NEOM McLaren Extreme E Race Car -> in SC

- LEGO Technic 42169 NEOM McLaren Formula E Race Car -> in SC

- LEGO Technic 42160 Audi RS Q e-tron -> in SC

- LEGO Technic 42156 PEUGEOT 9X8 24H LMH -> in SC

But I don't think it will happen, and yet LEGO puts more pressure on the Technic series and I doubt that such a conversion would be profitable for them.

Well, we'll see. Hopefully we'll know the names by the end of September.

Wrangler Jeep (from Jurasic Park theme). I know it’s unlikely becuase it’s still on the shelf but I would love to see speed champion-styled Jeep!

Knight Rider’s car

Ambulance (not a City style)

Fire Truck (not a City style)

Police Car (not a City style)

Angelia Ford (from Harry Pttery theme). Again itmay not be unlikely.

now, I just mentioend emergency vehicles above - I think it would be cool to see old-fashioned (or modern) generic vehicles! City ones are … too basic and plain. 

My guesses, based on the existing licenses and information for hot cars coming in 2024 are:

• 2024 Aston Martin DB12 + Aston Martin Valhalla 
  • 2024 Ford Mustang and its "Dark Horse" edition
  • 2024 Lotus Eletra (Lotus's "Urus")
  • 2024 McLaren 750S + McLaren Artura
  • 2024 Bugatti Rimac
  • 2024 Nissan R35 GT-R + Nissan Z Nismo

On 8/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, Lion King said:

Wrangler Jeep (from Jurasic Park theme). I know it’s unlikely becuase it’s still on the shelf but I would love to see speed champion-styled Jeep!

Knight Rider’s car

Ambulance (not a City style)

Fire Truck (not a City style)

Police Car (not a City style)

Angelia Ford (from Harry Pttery theme). Again itmay not be unlikely.

now, I just mentioend emergency vehicles above - I think it would be cool to see old-fashioned (or modern) generic vehicles! City ones are … too basic and plain. 

Well, tbh I'm not sure if it would be great idea. Main aim of SC theme was focus on the sport cars and racing cars and racing series like WEC, F1, etc. But ambulance, fire truck and police car aren't sport. And I think it won't be profitable business for LEGO. 

Yes, that's true, City e. g. ambulances are funny and don't look like in real life, but you can add 2 studs (to make 8 wide) and do some mods to reach cool looking car. And if you want you can buy some cool police cars, fire trucks, etc on Aliexpress. 

On 8/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, Bartlomiej said:

76919  245 bricks for 27 euro. One car.

And another question.

Only 245 bricks!? It's really small amount. The smallest in 8 wide collection. What it could be? Cabriolet or WRC?

2 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Well, tbh I'm not sure if it would be great idea. Main aim of SC theme was focus on the sport cars and racing cars and racing series like WEC, F1, etc. But ambulance, fire truck and police car aren't sport. And I think it won't be profitable business for LEGO. 

Yes, that's true, City e. g. ambulances are funny and don't look like in real life, but you can add 2 studs (to make 8 wide) and do some mods to reach cool looking car. And if you want you can buy some cool police cars, fire trucks, etc on Aliexpress. 

Is the 007 car set not that racing stuff?

Sure, City has weird-looking fire truck and police car and ambulance and whatnot but I would like to see different them like SC or Icons if they do vintage emergency vehicles. But whatever.

With the price increase and lower part count, I can understand why but I actually enjoyed some of the sets that included side builds, pieces of race track, finish line, camera crews, car haulers, garage sections and so on. Be nice if they would do that again.

I do see those prices on the new sets and as much as I love the cars SC has turned out in the last couple of years, it will probably be the first year I don't just buy them when I see them but wait for a sale, they have always been a pretty good bargain for LEGO.

Having said all that though, I am looking forward to the new wave, always some great building techniques, new parts and lots of stickers. Hopefully because it is such a small wave, there will be more, later in the year.

For whoever wanted emergency vehicles, here's a taste of what 8-wide ambulances look like

Pretty cool because you can detail the interior, but also kinda boring on the outside. If they made emergency vehicles I think they'd have to be the more interesting designs, like wildland fire trucks or airport fire trucks. But I think those could be Creator sets instead, SC is mainly for snazzy supercars or racing.

22 hours ago, Lion King said:

Is the 007 car set not that racing stuff?

Well, it is the one that may be the closest to the border:

1. DB5 by itself is a grand tourer: highspeed car + luxury comfort. > So it still goes to the "speed" meaning, like a fast, powerful, adrenaline (yeah, a bit less than pure-racers, but still) vehicle.
  2. Its 007 alter-ego, is a nice marketing chance to promote it better.

Meanwhile, the "City-Utility" vehicles mostly belong to the City subtheme, with better playability, more attention to function over the shaping, etc.
I love to see that SC-like sets now appear widely (Dreamz's "Crocodile Car" or SpiderMan's car with Morbius are the great examples), outside of City-limitations of 6-studs only. So, let's give them their own story) 

On 8/9/2023 at 5:33 AM, Bartlomiej said:

And another question.

Only 245 bricks!? It's really small amount. The smallest in 8 wide collection. What it could be? Cabriolet or WRC?

Could be another formula car. The Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance from last year's Mercedes 2-pack only has 236 pieces on its own.

edit: 243 counting the driver's components.

Edited by Carbohydrates