3 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

BMW:

+ really good choice, beautiful colours, shapes and building techniques, huge amount of new parts 

- too short hood in M4 GT3, bad recreation of front and rear lights in M Hybrid V8, visible studs in M Hybrid V8, strange looking wheels (maybe in real life will good better) and yes windscreen colour

They look too MouldKing-Cada-whatever-ish for being an official Lego set:

1. Weird windshield color
  2. A lot of exposed studs and plates protruding outside of the "smooth shape" (compare M4 and Audi shaping)
  3. Fully nu-rubber plastic wheels... While the wheel covers themselves may be cool, being mounted they look like "Duplo Wheels" with visible mount pin-connectors.

Nice idea but weird result.... *huh*

I hope there's another wave of Speed Champions movie cars later in the year, because I think this wave is pretty disappointing. The price increase from $25 to $27 is annoying when inflation has been cooling and the cars haven't improved, and especially annoying since the 8w SC cars started at $20 in 2020. I was really looking forward to the Mustang, but it's a lot more of a brick than I hoped it would be, and I'm very disappointed to see that the distinctive Mustang taillights are stickers instead of brick-built. The BMW cars are absolutely plastered with stickers that'll be a huge pain to apply, and the most interesting thing in their bodywork is a couple of new slopes on the back of the single-seat racer that will surely show up in many other new 2024 sets. I should have expected that the electric Audi would be plastered with stickers too, but I don't see any new building solutions that would make it worthwhile to wade through the stickers. The curved slopes underneath the stickered headlights are nice, but it's a shame that they had to go back to stickered headlights with those. I'll wait for those parts to show up in another theme.

I wasn't planning on buying any more speed champions sets unless they are based on an Ip, especially after the price increase. But the Mustang is absolutely stunning for me, and I absolutely want it. It has basically everything that I want from a Speed Champions set:

1. It's nearly stud less.

2. It doesn't have too many stickers.

3.The color scheme is neat (it would have been perfect if it had some purple accents on it.)

4. Even the minifigure is appealing for me with that hair piece.

5. it's using a really interesting building technique to achive some simple detailing

The other cars while not as great as the mustang, are still great. But I most definitely won't buy them.

12 hours ago, Void_S said:

Wow, I see new parts here:

1. Wedge 2 x 1 Left No Studs +  Wedge 2 x 1 Right No Studs (a smaller version of 80177 and  80178 slope-wedges) - M4's front
  2. Wedge 3 x 1 Left No Studs +  Wedge 3 x 1 Right No Studs (a thinner version of 80177 and  80178 slope-wedges) - M's front
  3. 1*2 tiles with cut angle
  4. Wheel Cover 16 Spoke Recessed with Pin Hole (a new version of "Wheel Cover 10 Spoke Recessed" wheel cover but for new wheels) - both BMWs
  5. And... It is really interesting, windshields in a new trans-black color (not old ones in trans-brown) for all cars (3 windshields in total).

There are also some 1x2x2/3 slope without grille on BMWs.

All of them look great, and the Mustang is definitely my favorite.

The price feels a little unreasonable considering they were only $20 in 2022, but I'll probably just wait for a discount.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, Bartlomiej said:

76920.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quali

OK, the image is here, getting ready for new parts and let's go Studio-ing...

800x450.png\

8 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Isn't it trans-darkblue? In animation looks like blue.

Blue shades in the pictures are stronger than real parts color, so I suppose that all blue-shaded parts are too colored here, and the windshields really not-so-blue and will appear as a "slightly bluish black" color. 

Edited by Void_S

21 hours ago, Void_S said:

Blue shades in the pictures are stronger than real parts color, so I suppose that all blue-shaded parts are too colored here, and the windshields really not-so-blue and will appear as a "slightly bluish black" color

Here's old trans-brown:

3384.png

And here's new trans-black:

3384.png

So, technically you are right. But in my opinion this is a little down for LEGO. Old trans-brown looked more realistic and was more transparent. The new one is too blueish still and less transparent. Personally I have never seen car in real life with that blue windscreen.

Maybe prints and colour around windscreen fix this strange effect. We'll see...

And what do you think about it? 

2 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

Personally I have never seen car in real life with that blue windscreen.

I had the one once - the previous owner for some still unknown for me reason decided to put such a weird thing... I changed it to the regular transparent one in a few days as I realized that it even made the traffic light colors look strange, it was simply dangerous.
As for the "authentic shade," I would prefer to have a more greenish hue (instead of bluish) as it better replicates the modern "thermal glasses" on premium cars (those, that have a little green reflection and said that can better reflect the infrared (thermal) radiance).

11 hours ago, Void_S said:

As for the "authentic shade," I would prefer to have a more greenish hue

Yeah, it would be better choice. 

But there is another question. Why? Why LEGO changed it? If something work good why change it (my mum always told me: don't touch the s*it as long as it doesn't stink, because then could stink more 😂). 

Maybe LEGO decided to cut down the spending money and mould only one colour for SC and Star Wars? Or someone wanted to "shine" with new ideas/colours? "I have been on a good and long party with good beer. And. Oh look at this what I created! New colour! Woah! It's better idea than improving our quality!" 😂. (Sorry for my humour, but it looks like this). 

The new trans-black looks more like a tinted windscreen to me than the old trans-brown—I've rarely seen one in real life that had the brownish tinge that the old color had.

I may be hugely mistaken but I see a new part comes to the SC theme, the one which I wanted to get a lot a long time ago...

New%206x2%20Bracket%20-%20front.pngNew%206x2%20Bracket%20-%20rear.png

I found that both BMW and Mustang have a solid thin black line between the sides of the "glass canopy" (windshield + side windows) and SNOW slopes and panels on the sides, so it couldn't be a use of known 2x2 and 2x1 brackets (it is a straight 6L line, with no gaps or recessions).
Then, I found that TLG published the 3D animation, where the hypothetical part looks solid and then I spied some rounding mount points behind the driver seats of Mustang.
I combined it with my proposals for Audi's rear spoiler (did you notice the narrow 6-L-wide red line?) and shaped the following detail. It fits perfectly!

Update #1: The Mustang is ready (I colored the part in Tan to make it better visible), the same location could be found in the BMW M4.
640x360.png

Update #2: Audi is ready (the part also in Tan here)

640x360.png

Edited by Void_S

On 12/2/2023 at 7:09 AM, Void_S said:

OK, the image is here, getting ready for new parts and let's go Studio-ing...

800x450.png\

Blue shades in the pictures are stronger than real parts color, so I suppose that all blue-shaded parts are too colored here, and the windshields really not-so-blue and will appear as a "slightly bluish black" color. 

Are these new parts in the beta or somewhere else to download?

1 hour ago, MTBingNinja said:

Love Speed Champions…….except for the F1 cars.   Am I the only one who doesn’t care for them?

You're probably not the only one who doesn't care for F1 cars, but there are probably Speed Champions fans out there who prefer the F1 cars to others. It's not bad for a theme like this to cater to a variety of interests and preferences, especially since realistic F1 cars don't really have a "home" in other themes.

Edited by Lyichir

The McLaren F1 car is the one Speed Champions set in 2024 that I might be interested in. Zero interest in an Audi, a Mustang or a pair of BMWs. (unless hell freezes over and they make a BMW M1 into a Speed Champions set...)

52 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

When are they going to get released? 

March 1st, so still gonna be a little while.

Posted (edited)

Attention! New sets coming in June!

pobrane.jpg.98e20c4f452f80a7680380ca484e4a3b.jpg

Edited by Bartlomiej
Added photo