I would like to see a set that focuses on Supernatural TV seires - Impala car with Winchester brothers. 

11 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

Last "TBA" set is still to be launched (yes it's 76913) so, finger crossed and hope shorter release time for 76919...

Wait, what?! I heard only about 4 set, not 76913. 

Where did you find this info? 

If it's true I'm so happy (unlike my wallet 😂).

But this is really interesting that LEGO will release, well tbh old set.

23 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

It's a McLaren F1 race car 😩

I would love to see it together with the source... 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-speed-champions-formula-1-rumoured-2024

@Bartlomiej, your idea with comparison of piece count for all 8-wide models for all years works - this set was within the range of F1 or low-detailed cars, so it appear as a new F1 car. :thumbup:

Great news. At this scale there should be fewer concerns on wheel accuracy or 2023 livery on a 2024 model! 

31 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Great news. At this scale there should be fewer concerns on wheel accuracy or 2023 livery on a 2024 model! 

Well I really hope LEGO will do new rims. And printed wheel arches could be really good for BMW. 

I want more movie cars. The DB5 and f&f cars seem to have sold well and there are so many cars they could pick that would sell equally as well. No interest in any of the 2024 cars so far.

I would looove Herbie, the 007 Lotus Esprit and the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am among others. Also several from Cannonball Run. But sadly probably not gonna happen. I'd also love more from the Fast movies. Perhaps more likely...

So many they could do that I would buy: (although I suspect some of these might not be such a good "brand fit")

Kitt from Knight Rider.

The black Lamborghini Countach from the opening scene of the first Canonball Run.

The Bluesmobile from the Blues Brothers

The XB Falcon GT from Mad Max (about the only way LEGO could get me to buy anything with the blue oval on it)

Or how about some famous movie trucks like the 1977 Mack R Series from Convoy...

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

So many they could do that I would buy: (although I suspect some of these might not be such a good "brand fit")

Kitt from Knight Rider.

The black Lamborghini Countach from the opening scene of the first Canonball Run.

The Bluesmobile from the Blues Brothers

The XB Falcon GT from Mad Max (about the only way LEGO could get me to buy anything with the blue oval on it)

Or how about some famous movie trucks like the 1977 Mack R Series from Convoy...

While those could be cool, I think they're generally less likely to do a Speed Champions model of a vehicle from a franchise that isn't ongoing. For James Bond, for instance, there's constantly new movies in development. Same for the Fast and the Furious. Something like Knight Rider or the Blues Brothers, where there have been attempts at revivals but the franchises are otherwise generally inactive and mostly relevant to people of a certain age, feel less likely.

Actually, i do think there might be another Mad Max movie in development... so that one might have better chances.

Well, there are plenty of other car or race-related movies with remarkable models...

Does somebody know when the previews were released (or leaked) for 2023 models? May be some TLG press-releases, or some toy fairs.

What about cars from. Transformer franchises? I’m only talking about cars but not transforming robots themselves. There are some cool cars like Bumblebee’s car verison. 

It will never happen but something else that would fall immediately into "shut up and take my money" territory would be the Chevy Lumina NASCAR from Days of Thunder.

12 hours ago, Void_S said:

Does somebody know when the previews were released (or leaked) for 2023 models? May be some TLG press-releases, or some toy fairs.

We're getting into the window now :)

IIRC in the past there have been some early catalog leaks mid-December, also didn't someone pick up a set accidentally put out at a Target? Last wave, the official TLG pics and interviews all landed sort of December 31/Jan 1st ish ahead of the March release.

-

Not going to add to the list of wishes other than I'm hoping to see some interesting colors added to the lineup (Sand blue? Pearl Titanium? Maybe a return to Dark Blue or Bright Light Orange... can we see a Highlighter Yellow SC?). Stoked to see what (if?) new parts the team devises, always so fun to stare at the press images and suss out the new parts and clever techniques.

5 hours ago, prototyp said:

Not going to add to the list of wishes other than I'm hoping to see some interesting colors added to the lineup (Sand blue? Pearl Titanium? Maybe a return to Dark Blue or Bright Light Orange... can we see a Highlighter Yellow SC?). Stoked to see what (if?) new parts the team devises, always so fun to stare at the press images and suss out the new parts and clever techniques.

Yeah, I'm also waiting for Mustang Dark Horse (76920) to see in which color it will be. The original car has "Blue Ember Metallic" paint which is a kind of Dark Blue color with Ember "glitter sparks" inside that make an orange tint for some reflection angles.
I suppose that TLG will use a Dark Blue color (that returning is very welcome after the Ford Fiesta set) and have a little hope that it could be not just a "Dark Horse" but "Dark Horse R" with bright race decals (the stickers, for sure) the could be optionally missed to have "just Dark Horse" exterior, without color accents.
Plus, I would like to see how the exterior itself is done: there are a lot of MOCcers who made thousands of Mustang variations in Speed Champions scale, and some of them are really masterpieces, so I wonder to see how TLG will present their designers skill.

22 hours ago, Lion King said:

What about cars from. Transformer franchises? I’m only talking about cars but not transforming robots themselves. There are some cool cars like Bumblebee’s car verison. 

That could be cool, but I think that Lego wouldn't want to pay for Transformers licensing and branding on a set unless it properly transformed. It probably wouldn't be worth the trouble of working with a major competitor like that (especially since for many versions of the characters like those from the live-action movies, it would involve licensing from both Hasbro and the vehicle manufacturer) and could even be considered misleading for casual buyers who expect a Transformers-branded toy to actually transform.

That sort of thing is the perfect subject for MOCs, though.

Edited by Lyichir

One of the 2024 sets has just been revealed! It's the Mustang Dark Horse.

LEGO-Speed-Champions-Ford-Mustang-Dark-Horse-76920.jpg (1200×793) (thebrickfan.com)

Honestly, it looks great! I love the dark blue colour. I also spy some new 1x2 wedge tile pieces on the hood and rear spoiler. Could be useful. And I have a funny feeling I know how they did the front grill. It's obviously gonna be a sticker but it goes on that 1x3 inverted tile with the hole in the middle with 1x2 curved wedges on either side. That's genius!

Looking forward to this one!

Just as I posted that, the Audi and the BMWs got revealed too!!!!

More LEGO Speed Champions 2024 Sets Revealed - The Brick Fan

Wow, I see new parts here:

1. Wedge 2 x 1 Left No Studs +  Wedge 2 x 1 Right No Studs (a smaller version of 80177 and  80178 slope-wedges) - M4's front
  2. Wedge 3 x 1 Left No Studs +  Wedge 3 x 1 Right No Studs (a thinner version of 80177 and  80178 slope-wedges) - M's front
  3. 1*2 tiles with cut angle
  4. Wheel Cover 16 Spoke Recessed with Pin Hole (a new version of "Wheel Cover 10 Spoke Recessed" wheel cover but for new wheels) - both BMWs
  5. And... It is really interesting, windshields in a new trans-black color (not old ones in trans-brown) for all cars (3 windshields in total).
Edited by Void_S

On 2/14/2023 at 9:45 PM, Bartlomiej said:

Hi, guys! 

I know that, there is February yet and we're before March release, but let's start new topic! 

So, at first I want to say that 2023 wave is amazing. New brand, new mudguards, new windscreens! Whoah! 

And there are my speculation/cars I want to see in Speed Champions 2024:

~ Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport 25

~ Ford Focus RS 2021

Ford-Focus-RS2.png

What do you think about my cars? 

What cars would you like to see? Show your speculation/wishlist. 

There was no Focus RS after the 2018 model year. This is a render based on the next generation.

Well. My thoughts about new SC?

I'll buy all. I'm hyped in 90% and also 10% disappointed.

Mustang:

+ cool colour and shape. From light build with transparent brick.

- new trans-darkblue windscreen, rear is a little funny and in my opinion rear lights too small

76920.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quali

76920_Box5_v39.png?format=webply&fit=bou

Audi:

+ amazing shape, amazing colours new rims colour

- only trans-darkblue windscreen 

76921.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quali

76921_Box5_v39.png?format=webply&fit=bou

BMW:

+ really good choice, beautiful colours, shapes and building techniques, huge amount of new parts 

- too short hood in M4 GT3, bad recreation of front and rear lights in M Hybrid V8, visible studs in M Hybrid V8, strange looking wheels (maybe in real life will good better) and yes windscreen colour

76922.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quali

76922_Box5_v39.png?format=webply&fit=bou

My thoughts about new windscreen colour: well they look strange. In my opinion old trans-brown looked more like in real life. I have never seen car with blue windscreen. Maybe LEGO will change colour or in my hand they will be look better.

Summary: my wallet will be empty 😆