All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. krimimimi

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm sorry to hear that, but thank you for mentioning it. It makes me feel less taken advantage of as a Harry Potter fan.
  3. Lyichir

2024 Space sets

Speaking of "not really Lego" merch, the other day I saw a photo of some plushes from Target. Orange seems to have ALSO joined the ranks of plush Classic Space minifigures, but what I found even more charming was the plush of one of the new aliens from the City space sets! I already thought those were cute as heck so seeing it turned into a cuddly plush is amazing! EDIT: On a different note, the other day when we were discussing the new space parts from Build-a-Mini, I mentioned that the main thing I thought would improve the jumpsuit-style torso would be if one or both arms were reddish orange (matching the right side of the torso print and giving it slightly more of a Futuron feel). Unfortunately, reddish orange minifigure arms didn't exist... but today I learned they soon will, since one of the newly revealed Animal Crossing figs has arms, hips, and mid-length legs in that color! Still no standard-length legs or hands (so you can't quite go full Futuron with it), but still a nice development!
  4. It can’t be a conspiracy theory if it ain’t a long shot :) we can only dream, I can only cling to Andor being aware of what a Jedi is so he’s either met one or knows someone who as met one. I’m clutching at straws with this
  5. KMPMOCS

[MOC] KMP's Vehicle MOCS

Tutorial - Civic FL5, alternate build of 76920 set
  6. Captain Pirate Man

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

If you are interested in WHAT an actual LEGO D&D game might look like, I happen to be running my own HOMEBREW campaign as we speak. For the sake of the videos, I cut out most of the "behind the scenes" D&D talk. I think this series can help LEGO fans kinda see what D&D is all about. Thanks for watching.
  7. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I can finally rest... let the sun rise on a grateful universe. Lego Cal Kestis is real. This is interesting. I think I'm ok with the tradeoff of the poncho for BD, though I would have liked some arm printing. I want to preface this by saying that this video has absolutely no bearing on whether or not Cal is in season two. There's no way the creators would know. Actually, it's not happening either way. I was going to say there was a chance- Cal works with Saw between 15 and 10 BBY- but Andor is taking place at the same time as Rebels. Cal's already left Saw's group by now and is on Tanalorr. While he'll assumably return to the known galaxy to cap off the trilogy, I can't imagine they would spoil what he's up to in Andor. That said, I remain absolutely on the copium train that the second the trilogy ends, Cal begins appearing in the Ahsoka/Mando corner of the universe, helping their escapades in the New Beyond. Yeah, I'd have liked arm printing or a poncho. If he's got a way to mount BD on his back, I'm ok with the no poncho, but I think the arm printing really should have been there, especially considering the others. Nien and Malak get new molds, Fives gets a cloth element and arm printing, Saw gets the armor and cloth, etc. He comes in the Desert Skiff set. Nien looks good, this is pretty much how everyone expected he would look, I think, so not surprising, but still good. I actually like Ezra's force eyes, though I may be projecting my own want for Perida to have a heavy connection to the force (hence why Sabine was able to use it there), and Ezra spending so much time on it to have made him so powerful. Young Leia is fine but still an absurd choice for a figure, and I fully expect her set to crash and burn. Putting literally any other character into the creature set would have been a great way to get people who don't generally buy those to pick it up, so while I'm grateful as a consumer that lego didn't try and shove a super popular character into a set most people view as less desirable (I suppose it's possible it turns out to be great, but these creature sets normally don't do too well), I'm a little surprised they put what is undoubtably the least popular anniversary fig into that set. Also, that Yavin Temple at the end is beautiful. Shame we aren't getting a Yavin MBS anytime soon.
  8. danth

2024 Space sets

Do you think, if it happens, it will be under City?
  9. Lion King

2024 Space sets

and I’m with Jim. i will let Darth do his thing (sorr dude!).
  10. danth

2024 Space sets

Eh, I don't see anything out of the normal for Ninjago in that wave. Is there a set I'm not seeing that has an actual medieval castle?
  11. Captain Pirate Man

Dungeons & Dragons with LEGO Pirates

Episode 2!!
  12. Lion King

2024 Space sets

I think Classic_Spaceman makes good point that Lego might not have a free slot. Lego is already planning new several themes this year - Animal Crossing, Decprable Me, Wednesday, Wicked. No themes discontinued yet. So cross-theme is a perfect marketing method.
  13. BrickBob Studpants

Those were discontinued for all themes, the last ones having been released in 2022 I really liked those, even with their limitations
  14. Today
  15. Classic_Spaceman

2024 Space sets

Star Wars is a license, so it is a different case compared to City. A better comparison would be Ninjago, which did actually get a Castle wave (basically Fantasy Era 2.0) with Master of the Mountain.
  16. danth

2024 Space sets

My question is, how far down the path of absurdity can we go with that? I think space ships and aliens in City is weird, but some don't. What about Castle sets in Star Wars? If they sell better that way, let's do it! Yeah, that too. A separate line implies a bit more commitment.
  17. Classic_Spaceman

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

Nice! If you have the other astronaut colours, would you be willing to share pics of them with the new armour? Also, I am curious to see what the legs look like on the new Space torso.
  18. Looking at the photos of the hub, I have more observations: There seem to be optical encoder rings behind the drive motors, giving the hub ability to measure their RPM and thereby having an option of an intelligent electornic differential and constant speed control. This is very useful to keep the model going straight! Drive motors seem not to be inline with the output axles, hence they don't seem to use planetary gearing, but a double stage gearing with normal gears first and red bevel gears second. This indeed would allow for very high RPM, but torque might be questionable. Or they are inline and use just one stage plenatary gearing... The steeering motor basically reuses the same magnetic ferrite and probably the gearing from L motor. USB charging port is probably in the back between the drive wheels The 6 LEDs are probably lid up via light pipes simillar to the one for status LED. I would not expect them to be very bright due to safety concerns. I expect the fiber optics to be simillar to the ones used back in the 90's but having end shape simillar to the one used for PU and PF LEDs - slightly recessed pin.
  19. Nien Numb looks very promising assuming the actual minifigure is similar to the version in the video. All LEGO needs to do now is to release a new Lando wearing Han's clothes and my life will finally be complete! 2024 is rapidly becoming a great year for LEGO Star Wars - I just hope they do something equally good next year to celebrate the 20th Anniversay of ROTS. I'm starting to feel really old - it's difficult to believe it was released that long ago!
  20. krimimimi

No, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I take your point on the smaller DA-lite shops. While I do appreciate them making them accessible to different budgets, if they never turn around and offer DA2 with a proper Malkin's, Owl Post, Eeylops, etc. then I'll remain displeased that such a small amount of new set is dangled as temptation to get those DA-lite sets instead. That's the thread, not much new on offer, but give us all your monehs. @Gorilla94, unfortunately the shipping adds up when you bricklink the lot. but you're right that it's cheaper than trunks and Banners. @Virginia_Bricks, they could run through annual packs of all four House cardigans, Quidditch uniforms, House jumpers, robes open, robes closed... give us four or five heads, four or five hair pieces, and allow us to mix and match to create the student body or sig figs. I don't need dozens of Harrys & Lunas etc, although that's still closer to my ideal than having to get them from trunks or bricklink. They should do the same with Death Eaters, you could mix and match, with four of each, hair, heads, torsos, that's 64 different possible combinations, double that if it's got a 2nd reverse face.
  21. Classic_Spaceman

2024 Space sets

Probably because data suggests that sales would be better if the sets were marketed under the City line? Alternatively, LEGO may not have a free slot for a major new theme this year, so the sets that they wanted to make got shuffled into existing themes. The reason I want a standalone Space theme is longevity - City subthemes generally last for a single HY (Stuntz was an exception), while full themes are planned to last for at least three years (with two waves per year, though the third year may only get one).
  22. danth

2024 Space sets

Cool, so why release them under City? Oh you better believe I'm splitting hairs. Technically true is what matters. Agreed! I bought almost all of the City Space sets (still don't have 60433) and I for the most part don't care about them being City. But it would be better if they were stand alone Space sets -- then I wouldn't have to actively ignore the City label.
  23. Classic_Spaceman

71046 CMF series 26: Space themed!

I like it; while I would have preferred dual-moulding for the visor (or separate new helmet and visor moulds), I do wonder if it will end up being more reusable as a printed single-colour part (I can see a recolour in black with lime, yellow, or red visor print for a Blacktron remake). BTW, is anyone else having difficulty finding the pink Spacebaby and robo-nurse? I managed to get a few dozen total from two different stores, but no Spacebaby to be found! I would ordinarily think that they had been picked-over, but I pulled five Ice Planet explorers so IDK.
  24. Classic_Spaceman

2024 Space sets

Not really; the box art is as futuristic as any past Space theme, and the planet being explored is clearly unlike any in our solar system. Technically true (the sets are part of the Space subthemes of City and Friends), but this is really splitting hairs and reaching in order to make the argument that LEGO cannot make a Space theme. It is certainly weird to see future astronauts and aliens in City sets, but I am not complaining - I am more concerned with the sets themselves than with how they are marketed!
  25. danth

2024 Space sets

Yes, someone insinuated as much.
  1. Load more activity