Garmadon

Challenge V - Princes of Garvey

131 posts in this topic

On 18.5.2017 at 11:21 AM, Bregir said:

personally I would like people to be a bit more critical when commenting on my builds. Of course, it should always be constructive, and not all things to change,but it is nice to have something to work with. Many comments do tend to be focusing on mainly the things to praise. :)

I'll try to keep that in mind. Usually I do not want to be offensive or confrontating - at least I try to be :grin:

Just now, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Usually I do not want to be offensive or confrontating

I'd definitely like you to continue not being offensive! ;) But some suggestions for improvement is always appreciated! :)

On 18/05/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ayrlego said:

lol, the military is the same world over! Down here it's known as the 'bath tub' method.

We call it praise - criticism - praise, which in Danish goes "Ros - Ris - Ros" :pir-grin:

Just now, Bregir said:

But some suggestions for improvement is always appreciated! :)

What if I just like your MOC and there is nothing to improve from my pov?

Just now, Captain Braunsfeld said:

What if I just like your MOC and there is nothing to improve from my pov?

In that case, I will be happy! ;) (One could suggest trying new techniques, of course)

I am not asking anyone to "invent" areas to improve, but if you see something that isn't up to par, or have a suggestion, don't be afraid to share,  :)

On 5/18/2017 at 11:21 AM, Bregir said:

Well, Maxim, personally I would like people to be a bit more critical when commenting on my builds. Of course, it should always be constructive, and not all things to change,but it is nice to have something to work with. Many comments do tend to be focusing on mainly the things to praise. :)

Yes! You mentioned this before, I am glad you brought it up again.

This is a good reminder, because I appreciate constructive feedback myself. And most of the time I try to get better with building techniques, positioning (not so much skill with photography yet...). But some times, I build just for fun. It is relieving to let go of the perfectionism/achievement pressure I so easily lay on myself sometimes. Actually, many of those builds are what I have been most satisfied with. Still, constructive feedback are always welcome.

I find it easier to comment on things to improve, if it is mentioned in the post that constructive feedback is welcome.  I will put that in the back of my mind, and see if I remember it when posting myself. Actually, any suggestion to what may have looked good in any given build does not even need to be critique. But it may be scary to suggest things, out of fear that the recipient will take it as critique. But I've learned that this forum are mild mannered and lighthearted, even when things are on fire, so no need to worry. If anyone was worried. :tongue:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor