On 2/3/2024 at 6:43 AM, Gzynek2323 said:

I was looking at the pieces count for 76925 and comparing it to 76898.  I am starting to think that we may get an SUV as a safety car in that set.  Any other opinions? 

There's already the Aston Vantage coupe from 76910, so it's a fair point Lego might want to shake it up. The DBX707 suv "Safety Car" is entirely plausible (technically it's the Medical Car...). So far Lego's SUV models have kinda been stinkers, with exception of the brilliant Bronco. (If it is the DBX I hope they've come a long ways from the Jag iPace and Urus builds)

Edited by prototyp

Just now, nikeee516 said:

When do you guys think the review embargo will lift for these sets? I'm looking forward to @kbalage's reviews :)

I guess, on the 1st of March, as was announsed

41 minutes ago, nikeee516 said:

When do you guys think the review embargo will lift for these sets? I'm looking forward to @kbalage's reviews :)

Traditionally, review embargoes are set approximately 1 week before the release date. Actual publication may be affected by the number of sets to be reviewed and the time at which they arrive at the reviewers ;)

Hello "RacingBrick", I'm a huge fan, and indeed I also am looking forward to your review on the new Speed Champions.

As always.

"Brick On"

On 2/7/2024 at 12:04 PM, Snowman184 said:

96925 could look like this.

Yep... Honestly looking forward to these new F1 models. Nice to see the new parts in virtual form... Are those in LDRAW, Mecabricks, or your own work? Have been hunting the Ldraw team's file activity since the first pics of the new models showed up, but might have missed them. Itching to start working these parts into mocs...

Guessing the answer to this is "not yet" but feel I should ask: Do we know what the part numbers might be:

• 4x1 cut-tip slopes right and left (sidepods)
  • 2x2 compound curves right and left (wing surfaces)
  • 2x1 cut-tip tiles right and left?

1 minute ago, prototyp said:

Yep... Honestly looking forward to these new F1 models. Nice to see the new parts in virtual form... Are those in LDRAW, Mecabricks, or your own work? Have been hunting the Ldraw team's file activity since the first pics of the new models showed up, but might have missed them. Itching to start working these parts into mocs...

Guessing the answer to this is "not yet" but feel I should ask: Do we know what the part numbers might be:

Usually they are mold and design numbers that are embossed on the parts (inside) and in the BOM in the building instructions, so we should wait for them.

1 hour ago, prototyp said:

You would have to ask Void_S, as they came from his Rebrickable comment on BrickedWheel's MOD of set 76919.

"Brick On"

Edited by Snowman184

On 2/10/2024 at 2:16 AM, Snowman184 said:

You would have to ask Void_S, as they came from his Rebrickable comment on BrickedWheel's MOD of set 76919.

"Brick On"

I made these new parts using only existing parts and some cuts and merges in Studio's Part Designer, and once the numbers become known, I will be happy to know them too!

7 hours ago, Void_S said:

I made these new parts using only existing parts and some cuts and merges in Studio's Part Designer, and once the numbers become known, I will be happy to know them too!

Yeah, March first is coming fast now.

"Brick On" my friend "Brick On".

7 minutes ago, Snowman184 said:

Yeah, March first is coming fast now.

"Brick On" my friend "Brick On".

Only 18D 02H 56M 58...57...56...55...54...53S

😆

On 2/11/2024 at 4:41 AM, Void_S said:

There we go. Thank you... nice work on the custom parts hacks, btw. I had thought about doing that as well but at this point, hopefully we're close enough to the release and subsequent LDraw team efforts that I should just patiently keep busy on other projects. (oh... but... the new parts!! lol...)

Got the 76919 McLaren F1 set early. Let me know if anyone would like to see anything specific!

8 hours ago, prateek said:

Got the 76919 McLaren F1 set early. Let me know if anyone would like to see anything specific!

Woah! If you can show please:

- tires

- how to put this plate inside tires

- how they designed sides air intakes

- rest spoiler

- this round parts above driver's head

Off course if you want. Please 

11 hours ago, prateek said:

Bottom of new slopes and tiles (especially black slope from front spoiler - one that will have "chrome smartsheet" sticker on it).

And now something I've discovered yesterday when selecting wheels for my version of Ford Falcon from Mad Max:

Wheel cover 49098.png can be used with this wheel 72206pb01.png

3 minutes ago, thomasanderson said:

Wheel cover 49098.png can be used with this wheel 72206pb01.png

Yes, they are compatible but TLG, for some reason, never used them together. Maybe some minor offsets still allow the parts to be connected but big enough to have this connection illegal...

Guys. I know we don't have new sets in our hands yet. But first time we saw March sets 01.12. so does it mean we'll see June sets on March 1st?

Pics of 76919 here:

https://imgur.com/a/bO9YTrU

I swapped the wheels onto the 76909 Mercedes too

Quick notes:

The McLaren's front wing is much sturdier than the Mercedes. The entire thing is pretty sturdy except the camera pod

The stickers on the side pods are annoying so you have to pick and choose what to align with

New slick tires are cool, but the Technic pin hole is open so you have to put a wheel cover on it for it to look nice

New D-snot piece in light mint green is a random surprise

Engine cover area is made with a clip with wedges sandwiching a ski which is neat

The camera pod is finicky because it doesn't have a guide for the stud to sit centered

The driver sits lower than the Mercedes because of the car chassis piece

Edited by prateek

Excellent comparison pictures, thank you! Such a smooth, shiny car.