Anyone have any direct links to Cobi’s speed champions modifications or pieces?   Can’t seem to find any.  

On 6/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, danth said:

I think that's a fair criticism.

But I do admire Cobi's willingness to crank out specialized molds when needed, and print on parts, instead of being avaricious penny pinchers like Lego.

Lego wants everyone to believe they'll go bankrupt if they spend a few more pennies on things, but it's a lie. I mean Megablocks and Cobi can do it. Usually the follow up lie for the Lego apologists is that Lego has higher material standards/quality or whatever but that's also not true. Cobi has every bit the clutch power as Lego, and don't get me started on Lego's bad color matching and scratched up parts out of the box, etc.

While I am sure stickers are an economic advantage, in terms of overall cost, it helps to keep in mind that many kids are absolutely gaga for stickers, so some stickers are made to accommodate them. Don't know who they are thinking of though, when a 300 piece car has 52 stickers.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

August 1st. 25€ each.

Just as I feared

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

many kids are absolutely gaga for stickers

I won't believe this without strong proof. I was a kid once and my friends and I hated stickers. Especially on Lego!

RacingBrick is back with another designer interview showcasing the DB5 and the Charger!

10 hours ago, LB2341 said:

RacingBrick is back with another designer interview showcasing the DB5 and the Charger!

Cool video.

They clearly put a ton of work into the DB5, and which makes the lack of work that went into the Charger even more obvious.

I am not sure you were talking about it here before, currently I am "finishing" the collection for 2022 (two new sets are a small surprise :D) and I am building Mercedes duo. I really wish that Lego would produce all kinds of the wheel covers for F1 made by Pirelli.. they look gorgeous! One of the best prints I have ever seen in Lego.

@kbalage do you think it is possible to reach out to Chris and ask him for that in the future? :D That would be awesome, even if an option only from B&P or Bricklink. Yellow tires, red tires, green and white. Would be amazing...

@blondasek Chris and the team is actively following video comments and forums, so the feedback usually reaches the destination :) But it's one thing certain fans would like to see that even designers might like, and it's another thing what fits in TLG's product/financial plans. The Mercedes F1 wheel covers were chosen together with Pirelli / Mercedes as that was the best match for the tread on the LEGO tire. For other wheels we'd need to have slicks to look accurate that are not produced currently. Additionally, based on my experience TLG wants to sell sets and not accessories, so I'm afraid they won't be interested in making special parts only to be sold as an add-on. But that's only my opinion, so providing feedback to them never hurts :) 

Bond and F&F sets now on UK Lego site. £20 each, so a £2 premium over the ‘regular’ single car sets. 
I’ve got every 8-wide set and my head says ‘yes’ but my heart isn’t feeling the love for these movie crossover models.

If the next models are a K.I.T.T. Firebird or an A-Team Vandura, I’ll be all over them.  Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino? I’m guessing a Hardcastle & McCormick Coyote X would be too niche (but very cool!)

If TLC stick with movies, Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco? Bullitt Mustang? Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am? I’d be disappointed if they go with the obvious BTTF/Ghostbusters/Herbie options.

Heaven would be an Italian Job triple pack of classic Mini Coopers! 😎

5 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

My wish is a pairing of the ‘32 Ford and ‘55 Chevy from American Graffiti 

Good pick! Harrison Ford will get the finally get a third mini-figure character if that happens... and all of them from films created by George Lucas.

It will never happen (likely too violent and not popular enough) but the XB Falcon GT from Mad Max would be awesome and a likely must-have.

+1 for Bluesmobile and KITT. (KITT seems like a logical choice for a set given how popular the show is/was and the fact that it doesn't have anything too violent or controversial AFAIK)

Lets throw in the black Lamborghini from Canonball Run, that's another must-have (but highly unlikely especially since they already did a Countach)

And another pie-in-the-sky must-have would be the Chevy Lumina NASCAR from Days of Thunder.

46 minutes ago, jonwil said:

It will never happen (likely too violent and not popular enough) but the XB Falcon GT from Mad Max would be awesome and a likely must-have.

+1 for Bluesmobile and KITT. (KITT seems like a logical choice for a set given how popular the show is/was and the fact that it doesn't have anything too violent or controversial AFAIK)

Lets throw in the black Lamborghini from Canonball Run, that's another must-have (but highly unlikely especially since they already did a Countach)

And another pie-in-the-sky must-have would be the Chevy Lumina NASCAR from Days of Thunder.

Good call on all fronts.  Thinking of modding a LEGO DC Batman Batmobile: The Penguin Chase 76181into a Mad Max themed Speed Champions vehicle

Is 76913 still happening?

My guesses are either KITT or since they have both the 007 and Lotus licenses, the Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me.

Dream set would be the three Mini Coopers and the Harrington Legionnaire coach from the Italian Job. 

This year's wave of Speed Champions is great with the new theme, excited to see more movie-themed cars in the future.

From sets released this year I'm surprised by:
- Ferrari 512 (in a good way - still keeping this one intact, even if windscreen feels off)
- Lamborghini Countach (in a bad way - air intakes feels too fragile, put aside to rebuild them at some point)
- Mercedes AMG Petronas W12 F1 (in a good way - Honestly thought I will use it for parts as I'm not F1 fan but it's only one that remains in my collection from this set)

Waiting for that 76911 - Aston Martin DB5 (& 76913) to be released as it seems I will buy it (even if - like it looks like - most of details are stickers)

On 7/14/2022 at 11:38 PM, thomasanderson said:

Waiting for that 76911 - Aston Martin DB5 (& 76913) to be released as it seems I will buy it (even if - like it looks like - most of details are stickers)

Yes, me too. But I think, that 76913 won't be exist (at least not in 2022), because now is July 16 and there is no any new info.

However I really want see this "mystery" set. 

@Bartlomiej I'm waiting since I also want to see it (if they won't release it I won't be sad since they grab me by the wallet already with that upcoming Chevrolet Camaro Z28 from Creator Expert Icons series).

On 7/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, thomasanderson said:

@Bartlomiej I'm waiting since I also want to see it (if they won't release it I won't be sad since they grab me by the wallet already with that upcoming Chevrolet Camaro Z28 from Creator Expert Icons series).

Same, that set is a must-buy for me.

KITT seems like it would be the perfect vehicle to do a Speed Champions sized vehicle of. And if there is enough nostalgia to make a Home Alone set (despite there being no new content in that universe in years) surely there is enough nostalgia for a KITT set to be viable (especially given the much lower price point it would have as a Speed Champions vehicle compared to the Home Alone set)