12 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

This is just speculation on my part. With SC 2022 being so secretive and rumors that it could be delayed, I'm wondering if the Lamborghini Countach could be a 2 car set(with both the original and the new one)? I'm also wondering, if the March release is still on time, then why hasn't there been any sort of leaked pics by now?

But, what if all SC car in this year will release in August? Because for example in Polish and other catalogs haven't info that SC will arrive in March. There are only old sets. 

I hope they release in March, if they don’t I’m going to be really disappointed because we have had the set names and piece counts months ago.
I also really wish LEGO placed a little more attention on the theme as I feel it’s often overlooked and isn’t given much “screen time” as other themes.

4 hours ago, User5346 said:

I hope they release in March, if they don’t I’m going to be really disappointed because we have had the set names and piece counts months ago.
I also really wish LEGO placed a little more attention on the theme as I feel it’s often overlooked and isn’t given much “screen time” as other themes.

I totally agree, it's one of their best selling themes, and kids and adults enjoy them, but they still treat it more like lego friends.

25 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Promobricks just posted new set details for the August sets... 

76911: 007 Aston Martin DB5

76912: Fast and the Furious 1970 Dodge Charger

76913: TBD

I think, that is fake. Because we already have Dodge Charger and AM 007. I really doubt, that LEGO will do this cars, because SC series includes only cars with oryginal company license without other permission from movie companies. 

Edited by Bartlomiej

Anyone know how the Speed Champions sales have been doing?   Hope sales have been well, money drives the series (pun intended).  

24 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

I think, that is fake. Because we already have Dodge Charger and AM 007. I really doubt, that LEGO will do this cars, because SC series includes only cars with oryginal company license without other permission from movie companies. 

Promobricks is a reputable source. If they are posting it, it's most likely accurate. It's definitely a bit different for LEGO to be producing movie-based sets in the Speed Champions line, but so long as they keep the solid car design that we have had for prior sets, I won't necessarily complain. It also helps that, while these cars may have some gimmicks in the movies they are based on, the sets don't have to have those gimmicks and/or they should be easy to remove if they do (the most I see for the DB5 would be maybe an ejector seat and a stud shooter for the guns on the front, but we'll see. 

This sounds great, Speed Champions is finally the Racers replacement with movie tie ins now (remember racers speed racer sets). If they release Knight Rider later on and the Bond set is a hit and maybe leads to a Bond theme, oh my God I am so happy about this. 

25 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Promobricks is a reputable source. If they are posting it, it's most likely accurate. It's definitely a bit different for LEGO to be producing movie-based sets in the Speed Champions line, but so long as they keep the solid car design that we have had for prior sets, I won't necessarily complain. It also helps that, while these cars may have some gimmicks in the movies they are based on, the sets don't have to have those gimmicks and/or they should be easy to remove if they do (the most I see for the DB5 would be maybe an ejector seat and a stud shooter for the guns on the front, but we'll see. 

Yes, but SC is typically racing and sport cars series. And we already have James Bond and F&F in Technic/Creator, and Lego never repeated the same cars in other them. 

I’ve wanted a James Bond minifigure scale theme for as long as I can remember. This is going to be the closest I’ll get I think, but I’ll take it!

30 minutes ago, Mr No said:

This sounds great, Speed Champions is finally the Racers replacement with movie tie ins now (remember racers speed racer sets). If they release Knight Rider later on and the Bond set is a hit and maybe leads to a Bond theme, oh my God I am so happy about this. 

I really hope this is not the direction for SC, those gimmicks would be okay in some other theme, just not Speed Champions.

I’ll take some movie and tv themed cars, as long as it’s not too comic bookie like the “childish” Joker Notorious Lowrider 70906 vehicle. Some Mad Max, American Graffiti or the Munsters Koach themed cars for example would be kool. The Batman 76188 car sits with my Speed Champions car as it’s a tribute to George Barris. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I really hope this is not the direction for SC, those gimmicks would be okay in some other theme, just not Speed Champions.

Exactly! 

13 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I hope it is, it doesn't mean that this will take spots of other cars. They could release let's say, 3 movie themed cars per year for speed champs and the rest would still be different car brands. 

4 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I hope it is, it doesn't mean that this will take spots of other cars. They could release let's say, 3 movie themed cars per year for speed champs and the rest would still be different car brands. 

But the idea of SC was, that the SC are racing and sport cars themed.

1 minute ago, Bartlomiej said:

But the idea of SC was, that the SC are racing and sport cars themed.

Sometimes ideas evolve, I see Speed Champs as a Racers continuation, and the theme is pretty old now, this is just an experiment to do something that Lego probably isn't sure if it could have a full theme or not. I bet if Bond and Fast and Furious sell they will become themes when their respective films arrive (Fast 10 and 11 and Bond 26).

8 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Sometimes ideas evolve, I see Speed Champs as a Racers continuation, and the theme is pretty old now, this is just an experiment to do something that Lego probably isn't sure if it could have a full theme or not. I bet if Bond and Fast and Furious sell they will become themes when their respective films arrive (Fast 10 and 11 and Bond 26).

So how do you imagine those cars (in 8 wide scale) if they would be them? Without lasers, gu*s, catapults, blasters and something else? 

4 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

So how do you imagine those cars (in 8 wide scale) if they would be them? Without lasers, gu*s, catapults, blasters and something else? 

Well, I am not sure what gimmick they could put for James Bond in that set, but I am curious if they will use that new piece made for Batman batmobile where two minifigs can sit in the car, that piece is in the tumblr set and the batman batmobile. 

Surely there's room for both iconic movie cars and standard racing cars in the Speed Champions theme.

The Aston Martin is an extremely iconic vehicle, and surely they'll prioritize detail over play features for this version.

Some films don't require a whole theme, just a recognizable vehicle and minifig. I think a Speed Champions subtheme is a good compromise.

Well, I have never been even slightly interested in Speed Champions, but they have certainly got my full attention now.

A James Bond set and a Fast & Furious set? That's another dream come true. I love how much LEGO is expanding this year with new themes and subthemes.

I definitely hope they include minifigures from those franchises tho, it would be pointless without them. 

Bond could either be one of the actors (Craig is most likely imo), or perhaps even a version made up by LEGO?

For Fast & Furious, Dom is pretty much the only logical pick.

Keep SC pure. No Batman BS. An Aston would be welcome. An Aston with missiles would not. Nuff said.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, I have never been even slightly interested in Speed Champions, but they have certainly got my full attention now.

Same here. I previously only followed the SC news like I do with in-house themes (meaning as a side thing), but this changes everything :wub: They could pretty easily turn this into a cool subtheme!