29 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I've just seen this alternate rebuild of downtown diner on brickset.

Apparently it came second place in a competition they were running with brixstar. Looks pretty nice.

It looks not bad at all as an alternative build. Do you have the link? Couldn’t find it. Thanks :classic:

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

It looks not bad at all as an alternative build. Do you have the link? Couldn’t find it. Thanks :classic:

Here is the article from brickset.

https://brickset.com/article/34835/brickset-brixtar-alternative-challenge-winners!

This is the only pic I can find of the model though. Not sure but maybe there are more pics of the interior and other sides of the building if you have the BriXtar app installed.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I've just seen this alternate rebuild of downtown diner on brickset.

Nice! I love the decorative elements crowning the building! :thumbup:

That's a rather unique layout there. The rocky outcropping is a nice touch too. :classic:

15 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Here is the article from brickset.

https://brickset.com/article/34835/brickset-brixtar-alternative-challenge-winners!

This is the only pic I can find of the model though. Not sure but maybe there are more pics of the interior and other sides of the building if you have the BriXtar app installed.

Thanks! Thought it was only for modular rebuilding challenge. So wondered why you didn’t share the link in your first post... Now I understand :laugh:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's a rather unique layout there. The rocky outcropping is a nice touch too. :classic:

I was sure that you were going to like it!

BTW, which types of buildings in which styles with which characteristics (for example sloped roof) do you guys prefer to see?  

Edited by LegoModularFan

14 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, which types of buildings in which styles with which characteristics (for example sloped roof) do you guys prefer to see?  

My thing is definitely Art Deco/Art Nouveau, but only when their color schemes take on a color palette of a darker yet rich nature. I'm not at all adverse to Miami Beach Art Deco, but I typically look for architectural creations of a more Gotham-esque, "Dark-Deco" look.

But, regardless of architectural style, I'm a sucker for any modular with an awesome color scheme, something like most of @RoxYourBlox or @lookl's work. Anything with Dark Red, Earth Green, Olive Green, Earth Blue, Pearl Gold, Dark Azure, or such in combination or predominance usually works great! :blush:

Those three are fantastic. The graphic design office is a particularly interesting example that a beautiful building can still be done even with a limited and muted color palette to emphasize depth and cosmetic accents.

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Hey, the Sand Green torches that make up the roof's railing look like bamboo in a way! 

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, the polar opposing twin of Lego's modular line. *huh*

9 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Those three are fantastic. The graphic design office is a particularly interesting example that a beautiful building can still be done even with a limited and muted color palette to emphasize depth and cosmetic accents.

I’m very glad to see that one of my favorite MOCers starts to be interested too! More interest is always very encouraging, I hope your stay will be permanent :blush: Please feel free to post your favorite modulars too! 

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, the Sand Green torches that make up the roof's railing look like bamboo in a way! 

Never looked that way!

Have you ever seen this guy's set mods before?

LEGO Friends Modular House by DDoshini

Spoiler
LEGO Friends Modular Street

LEGO Creative House by DDoshini

Spoiler
LEGO Creator 31026 BikeShop_Upgrade Version

He also did this one original modular and a series of mini modular recreations too.

Police Station by DDoshini

Spoiler
Police station

Mini Modular by DDoshini

Spoiler
LEGO Mini Detective's Office

15 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 15/03/18:

~Chinese Old Building by CK HO

Reveal hidden contents

CHINESE OLD BUILDING

~Ragge Runarson's Business Building by @LegoJalex

Reveal hidden contents

Ragge Runarson's business building

~Clickit Graphic Design Office by saturns-stingray 

Reveal hidden contents

Clickit Graphic Design Office - Modular Townhouse

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

Awesome ones @LegoModularFan ! The Chinese Old Building defientely steals the cake, though. In the middle of the mess, some sort of thing pops up! The shaping in the first two is very very good as well :classic:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Have you ever seen this guy's set mods before?

LEGO Friends Modular House by DDoshini

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Friends Modular Street

LEGO Creative House by DDoshini

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Creator 31026 BikeShop_Upgrade Version

He also did this one original modular and a series of mini modular recreations too.

Police Station by DDoshini

Reveal hidden contents

Police station

Mini Modular by DDoshini

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Mini Detective's Office

I glanced over three of his Friends modulars but I didn’t like them. So I didn’t look at any of his other modulars. But it looks like I was wrong, he has actually some great modulars!

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

Awesome ones @LegoModularFan !

Thanks! Yesterday’s Staff Picks are definitely the most appreciated and successful ones although I didn’t pay attention to any specific thing...

—Does anyone have any recommendations on how to highlight modulars that will be appreciated? Thanks in advance :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’m very glad to see that one of my favorite MOCers starts to be interested too! More interest is always very encouraging, I hope your stay will be permanent :blush: Please feel free to post your favorite modulars too!

You make me blush. I'm always interested! I visit this thread upon every Eurobricks journey and it is 100% true to the title of inspiration. You've covered so many of the greatest MOC modulars already but there are a few I'll find again and post here. Keep up the great work, even if not everyone posts the appreciation is visible in the page visits to this thread. A little over 1 month old with nearly 9,000 views, that's interest! :excited:

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

A little over 1 month old with nearly 9,000 views, that's interest! :excited:

Perhaps it should be pinned, just like @danth's Sci-Fi topic!

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

You make me blush. I'm always interested! I visit this thread upon every Eurobricks journey and it is 100% true to the title of inspiration. You've covered so many of the greatest MOC modulars already

Millions of thanks!

but there are a few I'll find again and post here.

Great to hear that! You can start with your own modulars :grin:

Keep up the great work, even if not everyone posts the appreciation is visible in the page visits to this thread. A little over 1 month old with nearly 9,000 views, that's interest! :excited:

You’re correct, I will need to make another special edition for 10.000 views!

Two questions off topic:

Do you have any upcoming MOCs? Can’t wait :moar:

I’m really surprised that you’re not at all discovered on Flickr. Maybe you can update your signature to let people see what a great MOCer (and photographer) you are!

30 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps it should be pinned, just like @danth's Sci-Fi topic!

That would be a dream!

41 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Club by anthonymichalhall

I really like the decorative elements crowning the roof of this building, and the primary colored accents peeking out from the White facade is rather interesting! 

If anyone reading this comment didn’t visit EB between yesterday morning and this evening, or joined after this evening, you may wonder why there hadn’t been any Staff Picks yesterday, it was because EB was in maintenance. Just for your information. Tonight, there will of course be six Staff Picks! 

Staff Picks of 17/03/18:

~Apothecary by @MaximB

Spoiler
6_1

~Bispebjerg Bakke by @Anne Mette

Spoiler
LEGO Bispebjerg Bakke

~Ocean Drive Miami Dio by @6kyubi6 and Brick66

Spoiler
Ocean Drive Miami Dio - Brick66

Staff Picks of 18/03/18:

~A Typical Scene of Kampung Life by Wen Yeh Ng

Spoiler
A Typical Scene of Kampung Life

~LEGO Museum by @Lasse

Spoiler
LEGO Museum

~Katthult by @stej123

Spoiler
Katthult WIP

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

~Apothecary by @MaximB

Reveal hidden contents

6_1

~Bispebjerg Bakke by @Anne Mette

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Bispebjerg Bakke

I really dig the roofs on these two, especially that second one. :thumbup: *huh*

~LEGO Museum by @Lasse

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Museum

~Katthult by @stej123

Reveal hidden contents

Katthult WIP

These two are both really cute in their own ways! :blush:

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I really dig the roofs on these two, especially that second one. :thumbup: *huh*

You've accomplished your mission :grin:

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

These two are both really cute in their own ways! :blush:

Exactly! I recommend you to look at what they built before the actual model in minifig scale! I don't know why but I never thought they'd have built this although it's not at all unexpected...

Spoiler
LEGO Museum in micro scale

Glad you like the Staff Picks!

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

What do you guys think of this one? I think this is absolutely beautiful. :wub:

I love every single MOC by @snaillad but this one is one of my favorite MOCs by him!

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 3/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, LegoModularFan said:

You’re correct, I will need to make another special edition for 10.000 views!

Two questions off topic:

Do you have any upcoming MOCs? Can’t wait :moar:

I’m really surprised that you’re not at all discovered on Flickr. Maybe you can update your signature to let people see what a great MOCer (and photographer) you are!

You bet. I got another pirate-themed micro build, two different mods of Ninjago City (into modular style) coming up and a few MOC modulars in thinking design with one basically ready to build but have to finish some of these other described builds and continue the very slow parts organization journey I've been on for weeks now.

Thanks, you're too kind. I don't really use social media or cross-post or self promote, direct-link images in threads versus BB-code (no particular reason), rarely tag images and only post Lego stuff here on Eurobricks so those are probably all contributing factors. Its more for the love of building and just sharing with fellow builders than views or followers. Edit or maybe my stuff is just not that great. :head_back:

The real question is what have you got planned? You've become a sort of City/Modular MOC encyclopedia, you're undoubtedly capable of some great building with all these ideas fresh in mind. Not to mention I'm sure this thread and the how-to-MOC-modular threads have inspired many others as well, even if many have seen some builds before they're always great to look at even more to get inspired. So what you got coming up? :excited:

Edited by koalayummies