http://www.bricklink...itemID=46884992

Wow! This guy totally went dark side...

So sad

So this guy wants $720 for the 41999 or $2,600 for the 41999 with 8466 tires amd the Metallic wheels from the 8674 F1 car with worldwide shipping included..?

Not to overlook the fact that he is also selling the same set of the wheels.and tires separately for $66...

I can only assume that the remaining $1,800 or so for the shipping is because he is shipping there from another planet..?

I think everyone should send him a polite message saying what an awesome guy he is, and exactly what you think of him!

This is pretty off topic, but at the same time it has to do with the 41999. So there are 2 places to tie the string for the wench on this monster, at the spool and on the hook. I've discovered the fishing knots work really well for this application. http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/

I use arbor knot for the spool and centauri knot for the hook. Looks really nice. Try it out! Bowline knot is another favorite of mine.

Still waiting here, anyone seen that row boat making its way to Australia :laugh: ... Congratulations to all those that made it to the top 100 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

my guess for sydney the end of this comimg week, maybe the following monday latest

my guess for sydney the end of this comimg week, maybe the following monday latest

So no one in Australia or NZ have a set yet? My order has changed from back-ordered to in process. Fingers crossed!

So no one in Australia or NZ have a set yet? My order has changed from back-ordered to in process. Fingers crossed!

Yes mine shipped on the 6th at around 4:30pm, others on this site also had theirs shipped at the same time. It is a shame you haven't yet, I know how frustrating it was, waiting to see whether you got one or not.

I can only assume that the remaining $1,800 or so for the shipping is because he is shipping there from another planet..?

He must be shipping flying it in from Mars with Martian Interplanetary Postal Service :laugh:

I think everyone should send him a polite message saying what an awesome guy he is, and exactly what you think of him!

Polite... yeah :laugh:

Woo, picked up my 41999 today, set 02732 of 20000. Having an epic time building it! Got some cool mocs planned using the parts too!

Edited by crazy_1993

That would be nice, but I have rang the Lego company and apparently they have missed placed me!!. They asked to reconferm everything and that I made it to the top ten :hmpf_bad:. But hopefully they will see me in there system before they run out of stock.

That would be nice, but I have rang the Lego company and apparently they have missed placed me!!. They asked to reconferm everything and that I made it to the top ten :hmpf_bad:. But hopefully they will see me in there system before they run out of stock.

Misplaced you? How? Do you mean top 100?

Misplaced you? How? Do you mean top 100?

I phoned them up to find out when I would be receiving the set as the prize for being in the top 100 ( then making it to the top 10, they needed emails and such for proof ) because I did not come up in the system when he search for me. But lucky enough there is a very helpful person in the lego mail room chasing it all up and even ringing me (being in another country and all ). So fingers crossed me or the crawler will magically appear somewhere. :wink:

Yeah baby!!

Funny thing is that it went from "nice model, but I doubt whether I will buy it" to "it's good looking, maybe I will buy it" to "it's the 1st of August, I am probably too late, but let's see what happens " to "DAMN....I GOT TO HAVE THE CRAWLER!!"

I feel reluctant to open this gorgeous box!

41999_1.jpg

41999_2.jpg

Edited by Gekke Ted

I feel reluctant to open this gorgeous box!

Open it to find out your license plate number! You may be lucky number 00001. :laugh: After all, opening this box doesn't destroy it like other Technic boxes.

Open it to find out your license plate number! You may be lucky number 00001. :laugh: After all, opening this box doesn't destroy it like other Technic boxes.

Hehe I know. And I need to open it eventually :laugh:

I will open it in a bit :wink:

Maybe I can make JunkstyleGio happy with number 12562.

I built mine on the weekend and it is fantastic. rm8 and TLG did a great job on this!

Funny thing is that it went from "nice model, but I doubt whether I will buy it" to "it's good looking, maybe I will buy it" to "it's the 1st of August, I am probably too late, but let's see what happens " to "DAMN....I GOT TO HAVE THE CRAWLER!!"

Exactly the same for me :laugh:

:laugh::thumbup:

I just couldn't bear the thought of not buying this model. I would have hated myself for the rest of my life :wink:

Okay, I couldn't resist...

41999_3.jpg

41999_4.jpg

For me, it went "Ooh, that Highway Enforcer looks nice, I'll vote for that" to "Omg, how can that be in the lead? I guess I won't be buying the set" (sorry rm8, I don't really know why I thought that, I do like the original design when I look at it now) to "Whoah, I've GOT to get that!" (when the retail version was shown) to "Come ON, S@H! It's been August 1 for several minutes now, give me the possibility to buy that 41999 already!"

Number 05865 now stands assembled in my living room (with only the white line and "V8" stickers, plus some really minor modifications*) and I just love the looks of it. Thanks rm8! :classic:

* I moved the PF lights to the inner set of headlights, added two extra round 1x1 plates to support the headlights better and added a white round 1x1 plate on a 1/2 pin as a hood cap (after tilting the centermost #2 connector at the front 90 degrees to make its hole vertical).