19 hours ago, MxWinters said:

Thank you so much, tis very kind of you to say. I do yes but not of any decent quality, I planning on posting a proper thread for it soon which will have lots of details, photos and a video.

Looking forward to it!

My try to make a generic racing truck similar to the ones in Dakar rally. Features 4x4 drive + fake engine powered by a single pullback motor, which makes it rather underpowered :P

52167325373_0b790f5e95_c.jpg20220623_132710 by David_Z1, on Flickr

and here are some slo-mo shots of transmission and suspension doing its work:

UPDATE: finished the model. Now the engine is mid-front, under cabin, as it should be.

Edited by Davidz90

@Davidz90, nice truck, and clever pullback motor usage. It reminds me of the "desert truck with a ramp" from Fast&Furios move (the one where they stole the cars from a train), with the same high-raised platform, and suspension oscillation.

41 minutes ago, Void_S said:

@Davidz90, nice truck, and clever pullback motor usage. It reminds me of the "desert truck with a ramp" from Fast&Furios move (the one where they stole the cars from a train), with the same high-raised platform, and suspension oscillation.

Thanks! You are right, looks pretty similar. I tested several suspension options, this was the only one where I could fit everything at this scale.

17 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

but an Unimog without portal axles...

But with planetary wheel hubs instead :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by apachaihapachai

I've turned the 8258 Crane Truck from 2009 into a Big Red Truck which is 41 cm (16.1 inches) long and 21 cm (8.3 inches) high.

I started this project since I very much like the look of the Crane Truck's cabin but also wanted to reuse the parts. So I removed the crane and shortened and lowered the trailer bed. Additionaly I made various improvements such as making the doors openable,replacing the seats and also hiding the blue pins on the cabin and fifth wheel without using expensive pins. This is the result:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Comparison with the Crane Truck:

800x600.png

800x600.png

Instructions and more details can be found on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-118259/mla2/big-red-truck/

Thanks for @hrontos for sharing a digital model of the original Crane Truck in the LDD models thread!

This is my 1978 Volvo F12 from the famous German TV show "Auf Achse" in 1:21 scale (Mack scale).

Big thanks to Mike Collinson (mcd_technic) as his Volvo F16 was the basis and inspiration for this truck. I heavily modified his F16 and left only the front part of the chassis, the interior and the front grille unchanged.

"Auf Achse" is a fictional German TV series about truckers and their adventures all over the world. The series ran from 1978 through 1996. This Volvo F12 is Günther Willers' truck from the first season and became somewhat of a legend. An image of the original truck is pictured below.

The trailer is from Rebrickable by l1anchu - I just changed the colours to match my F12.

Note: I removed the HOG steering knob for the pictures.

IMG_2259_LR.jpg

IMG_2264_LR.jpg

IMG_2251_LR.jpg

IMG_2284_LR.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by karmadrome
typos

@karmadrome She's a beauty!

I took a few pics of my tow truck family today. The red one's probably gonna be torn down and rebuilt to work with BuWizz and planetary hubs, so this is likely its swan song.

1280x816.jpg

1280x634.jpg

1280x602.jpg

1280x838.jpg

On 8/4/2022 at 8:05 PM, mla2 said:

I've turned the 8258 Crane Truck from 2009 into a Big Red Truck which is 41 cm (16.1 inches) long and 21 cm (8.3 inches) high.

I've now added free instructions for a remote controlled version to Rebrickable at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-127664/mla2/big-red-rc-truck.

This motorized version uses a Powered Up L motor for steering on the front axle and a Powered Up XL motor for drive on both rear axles. Also a spare tire was added at the back of the cabin.

640x480.jpg

Additionally I've finished designing a Big Red Trailer which increases the length of the truck to 107 cm (42.1 inches). It's a lowboy trailer with a detachable gooseneck and is able to transport sets like the 1.6 kg Claas Xerion without problems.As seen in the photo the truck can hold a second spare tire for the trailer as well. Once the instructions are done I will upload them to Rebrickable as free instructions.

640x480.png800x178.png

A linear actuator sits inside the gooseneck to tension the trailer when it has to carry heavy weigths. I wasn't able to avoid all bending but the clearance is fine.

640x480.png

Hope you like it and any feedback is welcome!

Here's a demo:

:Later I also plan to do a version compatible with the Mack Anthem. I call it the Big Mack Trailer :pir_laugh2: The only difference is a slightly lowered gooseneck since the Mack is a smaller truck.

640x480.png

Edited by mla2

26 minutes ago, artemisovsky said:

My 42128 alternative model - truck with trailer and helicopter

Superb job! Reminds me of the classic 5590. Or, if we're talking strictly Technic, 8433!

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Superb job! Reminds me of the classic 5590. Or, if we're talking strictly Technic, 8433!

Thank you. I was thinking about building trailer for previously made truck for 3 months and when I finally found motivation to do it, the physical model was created just in few hours.Helicopter was intended to resemble old studded models and it was much more time consuming despite less amount of pieces.

3 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Great job indeed! I especially love that all three builds have a different yet internally consistent colour scheme, it immediately makes it feel more real. 

Thanks. This color separation also facilitates design alts from sets with more parts.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, mla2 said:

Additionally I've finished designing a Big Red Trailer which increases the length of the truck to 107 cm (42.1 inches). It's a lowboy trailer with a detachable gooseneck and is able to transport sets like the 1.6 kg Claas Xerion without problems.As seen in the photo the truck can hold a second spare tire for the trailer as well. Once the instructions are done I will upload them to Rebrickable as free instructions. 

I've now uploaded the instructions for this trailer, see https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-128291/mla2/big-red-truck-trailer

A linear actuator sits inside the gooseneck to tension the trailer when it has to carry heavy weigths such as a Claas with batteries. I wasn't able to avoid all bending but the clearance is fine.

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

I will share my latest creation - a successor of my first publicly available MOC - KrAZ 255 ver. 2.0. It is focused more on the mechanical side rather than visual side and it shows, what can be done in small scale. It has(among many other things):

- very good 3 studs ground clearance

- suspension for all wheels

- wheels driven by differentials (6x6 drive)

- independent differential locks for front and rear axles (which are operated by levers located next to driver seat in the cabin)

And all of those (and much more) are available at the same time with using of 30mm rims and standard for this scale 15 studs wide of the model. And I'm happy to say that squeezing all those (rather mutually exclusive) features weren't put in one model so far (or at least I didn't find such example despite my research).

1280x720.jpg

Edited by keymaker

I've recently (not really) finished few trucks...

First one is new updated version of my attempt to build a MAN TGX (old/new)

IMG_2707_edited.jpeg

MAN%20TGX%202022v_3.png

And the second one is my DAF XF but with little cab improvements and new chassis with crane 

IMG20221105201822_edited_edited.jpeg

Both are available on my Rebrickable:)

https://rebrickable.com/users/grs_bricks/mocs/