3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I recommend you to look at what they built before the actual model in minifig scale! I don't know why but I never thought they'd have built this although it's not at all unexpected...

Hmm, interesting launching point. Usually, most people try to scale down a creation and/or set.

Staff Picks of 19/03/18:

Wow, we've had four awesome modulars in only three days that normally I'd have chosen as a Staff Pick but I decided to not make anymore "Fresh" Staff Picks as the goal of this topic is to make discover new modulars. Anyway, enjoy!

~The West Eagle Grand Hotel by eyescream54

Spoiler

The West Eagle Grand Hotel 15

~Her Majesty's Theatre by @JanetVanD

Spoiler

her_majesty_s_theatre__london__front_vie

her_majesty_s_theatre__london__grand_cir

Her Majesty's Theatre, London: Ceiling Detail

~Town Hall by norm.fm

Spoiler

Lego Town Hall

Congrats to all these MOCers! I really hope seeing more modulars by you, JanetVanD, they are fantastic!

5 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 19/03/18:

All three of these are simply incredible, but Her Majesty's Theater is particularly mind blowing!!! I mean, while its exterior may be quite spectacular, the ceiling inside... :thumbup: :oh3:

Damn, excellent finds as always! :sweet:

13 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Her Majesty's Theatre by @JanetVanD

Reveal hidden contents

A really nice selection tonight but oh wow that theatre is spectacular. I have mentioned in the modular rumors forum how I would like to see lego make a modular theatre and seeing this has really made my day.

The interior is extremely detailed and at first glance doesn't even look as if it's made from lego bricks. Really awesome.

Edited by Bricked1980

2 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

The interior is extremely detailed and at first glance doesn't even look as if it's made from lego bricks.

Exactly! Just look at some of these other shots! :oh:

Spoiler
Her Majesty's Theatre, London: AudienceHer Majesty's Theatre, London: Stage Light Rigging

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out her other stuff too! She has a lot that I've both seen and never seen before myself! :sweet:

DeviantArt - JanetVanD | Gallery

Ah, I didn't immediately realise it was designed by @JanetVanD she is a bit of a lego celeb in the UK. Last summer she took part in a reality TV show called lego masters with her son.

Not sure if it's available to watch outside the UK but they were both really good.

14 hours ago, koalayummies said:

two different mods of Ninjago City (into modular style) coming up and a few MOC modulars in thinking design with one basically ready to build but have to finish some of these other described builds and continue the very slow parts organization journey I've been on for weeks now.

Great, can’t wait to see :excited:

Thanks, you're too kind. I don't really use social media or cross-post or self promote, direct-link images in threads versus BB-code (no particular reason), rarely tag images and only post Lego stuff here on Eurobricks so those are probably all contributing factors. Its more for the love of building and just sharing with fellow builders than views or followers.

I see... It’s of course your choice :wink:

Edit or maybe my stuff is just not that great. :head_back:

No, your stuff is really great! I think normally you’d have 200-400 followers on Flickr because of your gorgeous modulars and photos! Don’t forget that your Town Hardware and Town Bed and Breakfast are featured topics :classic:

The real question is what have you got planned? You've become a sort of City/Modular MOC encyclopedia, you're undoubtedly capable of some great building with all these ideas fresh in mind. Not to mention I'm sure this thread and the how-to-MOC-modular threads have inspired many others as well, even if many have seen some builds before they're always great to look at even more to get inspired. So what you got coming up? :excited:

You’re so kind and encouraging @koalayummies! That “City/Modular MOC encyclopedia” especially pleased me! I’m of course inspired by every modular I discover (because there’re quite a lot I discover with this topic). If you’re looking regularly at the Town Forum, you’d have definitely seen that I wrote many times, I love Art Nouveau and would like to become an “Art Nouveau Expert” :grin: But Art Nouveau is one of the most difficult architectures to capture with Lego if it’s not the most difficult one. So I decided instead to give a try to one of my other favorite architectures: a medieval modular. It’s still in the very beginning of its progress, sketch. We’ll see how it turns out :wink:

11 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

This is jaw droppingly cool. Hard to even tell its LEGO from the first pic

From the third pic, it’s even harder IMO! It’s very easy to understand how it had five pages of replies :wub_drool:

@supertruper1988, @Bricked1980, @Digger of Bricks Here’s a gallery of this incredible theater, admire it! 

Here’s a gallery of this incredible theater, admire it! 

Just been looking through the gallery and it's amazing. The last shot of the minifigs sitting in the theatre seats is just so detailed. I think this MOC sums up the title of this topic perfectly. I don't see how anyone could fail to be inspired after looking at this.

I also really like the little details on the exterior like the hanging baskets and plants on the lamp posts. Her brick built roads are also really good.

So I decided instead to give a try to one of my other favorite architectures: a medieval modular. It’s still in the very beginning of its progress, sketch. We’ll see how it turns out

Looking forward to seeing this in the future. :classic:

Whoa, I remember marveling at that theater a long while back, thanks for digging that out. One of the most ambitious and well-though-through Lego creations I ever saw!

Hey, I'd like to share this one speeder bike creation I just discovered by Jme Wheeler, primarily because it has an awesome complementary architectural diorama build that I really dig! :wub:

Spoiler
Longarm V (Full)

26 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I'd like to share this one speeder bike creation I just discovered by Jme Wheeler, primarily because it has an awesome complementary architectural diorama build that I really dig! :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

Longarm V (Full)

I’ve never seen this, thanks for sharing! Seriously, that color scheme rocks! Especially the uses of Sand Green, Dark Tan and Dark Bluish Gray... One of the best color schemes I’ve ever seen :wub_drool: The roofline and the round thing (I don’t know what it’s) are also beautiful!

11 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’ve never seen this, thanks for sharing! Seriously, that color scheme rocks! Especially the uses of Sand Green, Dark Tan and Dark Bluish Gray... One of the best color schemes I’ve ever seen :wub_drool: 

The color scheme (its Sand Green and Pearl Gold, at least) most likely reminds me of @RoxYourBlox's Tall Tower, which is still one of my all time favorite architectural MOCs! :blush:

Spoiler
Lego MOC: Tall Tower

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Staff Picks of 20/03/18:

~Rathaus in Osterode by siriusprzem

Spoiler
Osterode Rathaus front

~Roxy Theatre by jiminiBrickit

Spoiler
Lego Roxy Wellington New Zealand

_U1_0484 Roxy Front Right 3-4

_U1_0490 Roxy Rear

~Modular Building by kosbrick

Spoiler
Modular Building

Congrats to all these MOCers!

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The color scheme (its Sand Green and Pearl Gold, at least) most likely reminds me of @RoxYourBlox's Tall Tower, which is still one of my all time favorite architectural MOCs! :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

Lego MOC: Tall Tower

And the color scheme of this reminds me of the Bank by @Svelte (BTW, it seems he was a mod which is very surprising for me)

Spoiler
LEGO Modular Bank Main View

2 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Roxy Theatre by jiminiBrickit

Ooooh, Sand Blue and Dark Red work lovely together! :sweet:

13 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

And the color scheme of this reminds me of the Bank by @Svelte

Oh yes, another top favorite of mine! :blush:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some other really great threads where I post inspirational buildings that I don’t post here because the MOCs I post there are themed (such as Sci-Fi and Licensed). There are some other very inspirational MOCs posted in these threads even if generally they’re not buildings. Be sure to check out every single MOCs posted by everyone! Enjoy!

Favorite/Inspirational Sci-Fi MOCs by @danth

Best Lego Ideas Projects by @LegoMonorailFan

What Are Your Favorite Licensed MOCs? by @Digger of Bricks

BTW, we almost reached 10.000  views on this topic :sweet:

8 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Just wanted to share some other really great threads where I post inspirational buildings that I don’t post here because the MOCs I post there are themed (such as Sci-Fi and Licensed). There are some other very inspirational MOCs posted in these threads even if generally they’re not buildings. Be sure to check out every single MOCs posted by everyone! Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for the shoutout, and for also bringing attention to those two other excellent topics! :blush:

You know, I'm surprised these type of discussion topics have never existed on this forum before. The Ideas topic by @LegoMonorailFan was probably the first.

10 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, we almost reached 10.000  views on this topic :sweet:

Congratulations! :grin:

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, we almost reached 10.000  views on this topic

You've just reached it! :thumbup::thumbup::sweet::sweet:

Edited by Bricked1980

On 16/3/2018 at 10:40 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Millions of thanks!

Great to hear that! You can start with your own modulars :grin:

You’re correct, I will need to make another special edition for 10.000 views!

Two questions off topic:

Do you have any upcoming MOCs? Can’t wait :moar:

I’m really surprised that you’re not at all discovered on Flickr. Maybe you can update your signature to let people see what a great MOCer (and photographer) you are!

That would be a dream!

You reached 10.000 views. Well deserved and many thanks for all your work.

I'm looking forward to the special edition. 

By the way, Instagram user Jeff Friesen has announced in his latest post, that he will be sharing instructions of his microscale skylines in a new book to be releasing this fall! Also, he's shared an image of slightly updated Steampunk architectural creation of his from earlier, as seen below:

Spoiler

Strangely, he usually deletes posts of the prior iterations of his micro skylines; so, while there's no longer a image of the first iteration of this Steampunk vignette, there is one that is seen as a thumbnail in this Year in Review post:

Spoiler

Special Edition: Monotone Staff Picks of 12/03/18:

Hey, this topic already reached 10.000 views! Many thanks to all for your interest! Special edition today with three different categories! Enjoy!

Completely/Almost Completely Monotone:

~Monotone Motel by @RoxYourBlox

Spoiler

Monotone Motel

~Police Departement by @stef2280 (instructions herehere or here)

Spoiler

SBD 10005 Police Department_8

~Court by @eos512

Spoiler

court_2.jpg

~Clickit Graphic Design Office by Kyle Emmerson (already highlighted)

Spoiler

Clickit Graphic Design Office - Modular Townhouse

Monotone Buildings with "Color Splash" Effect:

~Villa in Tessin by Bernopi

Spoiler

5266992-o_1c7rkiom81rs41ujtdvl17kh18rre--1oGa48ryy4eTQ-thumbnail-full.jpg

~Gothic Cathedral by @Wineyard

Spoiler

Gothic Cathedral

~The Gallery by Bricky_Brick (already highlighted)

Spoiler

5211649-o_1c67o5m071di81ml71232127bqb7e-JPa58rlnOfQeAg-thumbnail-full.jpg

Bigger than Minifig scale:

~The house by @ranghaal

Spoiler

MOC02a

~TwoStory with BasementThree Story Victorian with Tree and Victorian on Mud Heap by Mike Doyle

Spoiler

TwoStory with Basement

Three Story Victorian with Tree

Lego: Victorian on Mud Heap

Of course congrats to all these MOCers and many thanks again to everyone interested in this thread!

Please remember, everyone is welcome to post their favorite MOCs :sweet:

Edited by LegoModularFan

31 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Completely/Almost Completely Monotone:

Oh yeah, this is simply the best selection out of the three, and you just can't beat that Monotone Hotel by @RoxYourBlox! But, all in all, another really great post filled with plentiful inspiration here! :sweet:

By the way, I saw your reaction to Filip Olin's latest modular over on Flickr, and I can't help but be just as enthusiastic! He's got some great mini modulars too! *oh2*