Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

GoH official challenges and my commitments!!

Hey Guildies!

Despite rumors to the contrary, I am still around.

Here's the scoop- I have two young kids (4 and 1.5) and I committed to Brickworld this year.

As such my daily life consists of getting the kids up and off to day care, off to the day job, back to feed the kids and play with them, put kids to bed, then work on Brickworld projects until 2:00 A.M.  Lather, rinse, repeat- plus do all the other family commitments like a wedding and birthday party this weekend.

Good news is Brickworld is next week!  No only will I be able to connect with Rogue Angel there and a little bit of the EB brass to discuss the project and where we are.  After BW, I will have time to get through the remaining scoring and judging from the comfort of my own couch... or office chair.

You guys deserve the attention here in GoH and you will get it if you remain patient for just a bit longer.

After that, we can have some serious talks about the direction for Book III and how we can get things back up and active, perhaps with some new leadership or ideas!

Here is what I know I am behind on-

Nocturnus Pie Challenge results and prizes.

Book II scoring for all three categories and prizes.

I may need some help with this, so I am going to check to see if I can collect all the links to the entries in one place.  I think some of that is already centralized to some degree, but I need to finish that up.  I may need some help from you guys after I have assembled the list to ensure everything is available.

Expect results by July 1.

I'm glad to hear from you, I'm looking forward to the results and other developments. For now, good luck with the daily challenges you are facing! 

Great to hear you're still alive, and kicking! I can wait a little longer for the challenge results.

In every case would I like to thank you for committing so much to the Guilds, while you still have such a busy real life. Thank you!

I'm in a very similar situation with both work and responsibility for the logistics around the kids (4 and 2,5 years old in our case), so I definitely recognize the situation...

The only way out I'd say is delegate so you can conserve more of those precious few Lego hours to producing world-class MOCs :wink:

Do what you have to do, Z! If you need help, ask us, and I know I speak for many in the Guilds in saying that we would be happy to help in any way we can, to the degree that we can. 

As you see, we all respect and understand your situation. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me (I have some spare time)

Regards,

Narb

Hi Z,

Would this help? I compiled a list of all of the Challenge V entries that I could find in the challenge thread, and even found a few that had never been posted there. Hopefully I did not miss any (if I did, let me know and I can add it). If I have another free period, I might try to do the same for the Pie Contest as well. 

Challenge V Entries:

Category A, Alliance:

Windusky

Alfadas

MiloNelsiano

Narbilu

Faladrin

LittleJohn

Isundir

Brandon Stark

Lazer

kahir88

Grover

Captain Braunsfeld

soccerkid6

Muakhah

Slegengr

Exetrius

Puvel

Henjin_Quilones

Leonardo da Bricki

Legofin2012

Gideon

mrcp6d

Blufiji

Brickwolf

Umbra-Manis

Trooper919

Rconn0

Category A, Spire:

SodorBricks

MiloNelsiano

kahir88

Tilenull

de Gothia

nivremis

Muakhah

don leopold

Legofin2012

Henjin_Quilones

dathil

jaapxaap

LordDan

Category B, Alliance:

Captain Braunsfeld

narbilu

Gideon

The Maestro

LittleJohn

soccerkid6

Henjin_Quilones

Oikonomikos

Exetrius

Puvel

Blufiji

kahir88

pigs54

Category B, Spire:

MiloNelsiano

MKJoshA

Legofin2012

Henjin_Quilones

Trooper919

Dankyee

Category C, Alliance:

MiloNelsiano

Captain Braunsfeld

MKJoshA

kahir88

TitusV

Faladrin

Henjin_Quilones

Legofin2012

Umbra-Manis

Category C, Spire: (if they properly count as Spire entries, as neither of them has Raavage or the Spire winning, per se)

Souinotlim of the Undead

kahir88

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

There were not as many Pie entries as I expected, so this did not take that long to put together. It is possible that I missed an entry or two, but I took all of the ones from the Minichallenge III thread as well as searched through the guild topic history back to August, and found only these. Again, I hope this helps, Z! 

Nocturnus Minichallenge III: Pie Contest

Category A:

kahir88

Henjin_Quilones

Umbra-Manis

Category B:

MKJoshA

Henjin_Quilones

LittleJohn

kahir88

The Maestro

Category C:

kahir88

Henjin_Quilones

Exetrius

8 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Nice Henjin, you're the man :tongue:

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

@Henjin_Quilones: either you're crazy with too much free time, or too good for this world. In both cases: this is great! :thumbup:

It was either this or grade exams at work, and I didn't want to grade...

Good luck Z, I bet we all know the struggle and everyone would agree with the choice you made!

Thanks for doing all you do, Z.  I am happy to be patient.  I have an insane work schedule and am raising a litter of puppies right now, so I feel your pain.  Good luck at BrickWorld, and we will be here when you get back, don't worry!

Hope everything has calmed down now Brickworld is over and you had a great time!

Looking forward to seeing the results of all the challenges too!

Thank you all.  Special props to HQ for tracking those down and to Rogue for getting story voting up.

I was out of town over last weekend, but as you can see we got started on getting caught up!

Delegation of GoH duties and fresh ideas are on our minds.  

2 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Thank you all.  Special props to HQ for tracking those down and to Rogue for getting story voting up.

I was out of town over last weekend, but as you can see we got started on getting caught up!

Delegation of GoH duties and fresh ideas are on our minds.

I really like the sound of that last sentence! :thumbup:

Kids make such great excuses. I may need to get me a few.

Good work on getting this together Z, RA, et al!

On 7/7/2017 at 4:26 PM, MassEditor said:

Kids make such great excuses. I may need to get me a few.

Good work on getting this together Z, RA, et al!

A few is the issue- one is not so bad if you are married and have support- 2 young ones on the other hand- when there are as many kids as parents then life gets busy until they are old enough to be in the LEGO space with you without ruing the sort or project!