Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

Book II Challenge V Category A: Stopping the Algus messenger

Even in remote mountain villages rumours of developments from throughout Historica arrived. Merchants love to gossip in order to attract new customers.

Lately they even talked about the return of the heir to the throne!

Stories grow a little bit every time they get repeated and one can only guess how many taletellers it took to reach the village. Still, this could be very big news.

To find out the truth, the village send out messengers and scouts to all corners of Historica. So far, none of the messengers had returned with official news.

Some of the scouts did make it back though.

The reports talked about heightened activity among the Algus. Something was definitely going on.

The village elders decided to send more scouts into Algus territory hoping to discover one of the messenger routes.

Troops were send along to intercept one of their emissaries.

Soon an ambush was set up near a path in the mountains.

32753373272_9c0c642a5f_z.jpg

Nice little scene.  I really like the Algus messenger and the other warrior are very creative.  The rock formation looks great with the snow on top.  good job. 

It's great to see the Algus again! I really like the figs, and the rockwork make for a very Mitgardian feeling! Nice job :thumbup:

Nice little Mitgardian landscape, Puvel!

Using an Algus soldier for the riding messenger is a great idea!  Nice rockwork and bits of snow and ice in the terrain.  The snow atop the rock looks realistic, especially with the tips projecting down.  

I like your Mitgardian soldier and fig posing, though I hope he does not drop his shield!  Good thing spears have an advantage against cavalry! :wink:

Excellent vignette, Puvel, I love the bits of overhanging snow on the rocks :thumbup: Very nice path and rockwork as well, though I think a little tree or bush on top of the cliff would be a good addition :classic:

Every aspect of this build is well executed :thumbup: The rock formation adds some nice height contrast, while the path texture and fig posing are quite effective :classic: