Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Book II Chal V: Cat B The Siege Golem

33525891456_0dc378cca0_n.jpg

Somewhere in Mitgardia. A noble man and his bodyguard approaching a quarry. The place is filled with the noisees of pickaxes and hammers. As they entered the construction site, the noble man asked the first dwarf, next to a campfire.

- Good day master dwarf. I'm Lord Aran Durwell. I'm here, to inspect, the ordered golem, against the Spire. Can I speak with the overseer?

The dwarf turned around. Took out his pipe, from his mouth, and greeted the noble man.

- Good day Lord Durwell! Of course, let me introduce my humble self: I'am Turfir Dimguard, I'am the overseer here.- the dwarf bowed down. - So.. Can we start, the stroll?

33437666311_f276d2046f_n.jpg33566465095_3be49b40c3_n.jpg

http://32752041993_ea492e24fe_n.jpgIMG_8203 by Miklós Neszt, on Flickr

The noble man noded. Turfir took a a sip from his pipe, turned around, and started walking around the construction site.

- Any question lord Durwell? -asked the dwarf.

- I don't know anything. about this profession. I don't really know, what a golem is. What's even the difference between a regular and a siege golem?

- The golem is animated matter. Usually something, that can be shaped. It will be awakened by magical words, and it will serve its master. The difference is simple, siege golems are larger, got smaller legs, so it can keep its balance. This golems right arm is a huge mallet. It can be used both smashing buildings, or smashing infantry.

- And it's other hand? - Aran pointed to the unfinished side of the golem.

- We will shape that arm, to be a hand. So it can hold another weapon, or grab with it. Like boulders to throw it, or soldiers to crush them.

32723126874_573c9bd8d1_n.jpg32723129544_b7473db21f_n.jpg32752107913_6f0eeb5dcb_n.jpg33409746262_13f8cb6da2_n.jpg32723140194_5fae648155_n.jpg33566566935_784d546db1_n.jpg

- I understand. I see, there are not only dwarf workers here. Can the human workers keep up, with your fellow dwarf workers?

-They are a great help for us. They tear down the stone roughly, so the others can shape it to its final form. We get fresh supplies every day, from the nerby town.

33525873876_a7369633e0_n.jpg33566517795_7e170d7940_n.jpg

- And that dwarf over there? -Aran pointed on the ledge, behind the unfinished golem. - What's he doing?, I don't see any pickaxe or hammer in his hands.

- Oh, he is Orif Earthcaller. He is preparaing the binding on the Blood of the Mountain. Take a look on that gem! Marvelous, never saw bigger, but this isn't my first golem shaping. If the earthcallers give us, to build a weapon, our cause must be righteous!

- I dont want to be paranoid, but if we have a powerful crystal, should we more guards here, to protect it?

- Don't worry mylord, Mitgardia sent his best soldiers, to protect the Blood of the Mountain, and us. Besides, we can defend our self too.

33437669411_629ed62cda_n.jpg33437670951_110a08e594_n.jpg33525870586_40613c6e4b_n.jpg

- And why a golem? I mean, I don't want to disparage your, and your employees work...

- Ah.. no problem mylord. You need different siege weapons, for different tasks. Ladders for climbing, catapults, ballistas for throwing. This siege golem is for all tasks. Plus, we heard, that the Spire has giant suporters. 

- Good to hear it. -Durwells sightet in relief. -And, what can you tell me, when it will be finished?

- I think, it will be finished, lesser then a week.

- Fabulous! Then i take my leave. Don't want to steal more time from you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Finally got home early, and had a chance to take pictures from the finished golem. Enjoy:

32730243574_7aaf15e6ac_n.jpg33532688036_255bf32426_n.jpg32730241874_5170a96c48_n.jpg

Edited by kahir88

I like the scaffolding that you have there, though it looks a bit more orcish rather than dwarven in style. The work-in-progress nature of the build is evident and well done, and there is a considerable amount of activity to show all of the laboring going on. I'm not a huge fan of all of the BURPs in the build, though, and would prefer to see the golem built from smaller bricks instead. You have some very nice fig combos, as well, with lots of good dwarven diversity. 

As far as formatting, I admit that the pictures being side-by-side like that is a bit disorienting, since it is not always immediately obvious where one scene stops and another starts, and the main picture would ideally be larger so that I do not have to click through to Flickr just to see the details. 

Nice build! I really like the wooden supports, they give an extra touch to the build. Good job :thumbup: 

Thx-Thx.

Sorry to disapoint you again Henjin, about my building style :D The lack of smaller pieces. But there is always to improve my builds.

End just wanted to everybody know: I edited the first post: You can now see the finished golem too.

I am liking the overall shape of the war golem, however I am agreeing with Henjin. Building this machine out of smaller pieces and giving it a bit more detail would do wonders. I know your piece count is limited, but for what you have it's still a good job.

I love the scaffolding going on here and the golem itself is great. :thumbup: Some great details here and I love the playbility of the beast.

Haven't seen that many stone golems in the guilds, and this one looks very threatening indeed! The guided tour approach works well for the storyline, and explaining how the golem operates.

Well done :classic:

Wow, really cool entry!  I never would have thought of anything like this.  The golem looks great both as an in-progress creation and as the finished product.  Nice work.

Excellent entry, kahir! The golem is very impressive, I especially like the shaping on the arms. The scaffolding and various other in-progress details are superb too :thumbup: