Credit for the tree design goes to Brother Steven. This is my second largest build ever at 64x48 (plus the border), and weighing over 21 pounds. It was built over a period of 8 days.

There's a full interior, and the castle doors work.

Sir Glorfindel attends a feast held at Darraor Castle, a Mitgardian fortress located near the Avalonian border, the feast was supposed to promote diplomatic relations between the two guilds, but not all of the guests seem pleased about this:

overview.JPG

front2.JPG

side.JPG

up.JPG

castle.JPG

path.JPG

tree.JPG

back3.JPG

hall2.JPG

View from a tower window:

w.JPG

w2.JPG

Check out all the details here: http://brickbuilt.or...raor-Castle.php

Your comments and constructive criticisms are always appreciated :classic:

Really cool build, I like the level of detail and the balance between wooden and stone parts :classic:

Great work here SK! I love how natural the buildings flow into the sorrounding landscape! The covered walkway is a great detail and something I have never seen in lego before

Nice idea with the covered walkway! The SNOT rockwork also looks great, and the castle itself is fantastic!

Stunning build! :wub: I love all the angled sections in the wall and the little waterfalls are excellent :thumbup:

Fantastic trees and interior as well :classic:

Nice one! Love the rocks next to the river, the walkway over the river, everything looks great!

I loved it when I saw it on flickr, and I love it now - There are so many great details, but the overall composition and the completeness of the moc is what really make it stand out for me!

Wow, soccerkid6! This is amazing! :wub:

Where do I start? Very natural rockwork supporting the castle, and very innovative solution to crossing the moat. Really "believable" landscaping outside too.

Top work :thumbup:

Fantastic work!

The roof, the vegetation and the castle itself look amazing :classic: . The walkway is awesome, too!

Edited by Balbo

Fantastic build SK, the covered walkway is excellent as are those trees! Really nice interior too! :thumbup:

There is so much to like on this!

The covered walkway is particularly good - and not something I've seen a lot of either!

Well done

D

Gosh, that's so beautiful SK! The wood housing on top of the wall looks amazing, and the landscaping is really giving the feeling of spring. :classic: I also really like that the wall looks a bit ruff, rather than polished with battlements - it gives the feel of an old wall/fortress that's been modified. :thumbup:

Stupendous build SK, lovely landscaping and excellent work with both the stone and wooden sections of the castle! :sweet:

Excellent covered bridge into the castle as well, and fantastic interior - overall a thoroughly top-notch build :thumbup::classic:

Awesome- my favourite part is the covered walkway.

Thanks LV :classic:

Amazing, just amazing!

Thanks Graham!

Really cool build, I like the level of detail and the balance between wooden and stone parts :classic:

Thanks Gideon, this was my first time doing a stone castle with large wooden sections too :classic:

Great work here SK! I love how natural the buildings flow into the sorrounding landscape! The covered walkway is a great detail and something I have never seen in lego before

Thanks dG, it seems like it would have been done before, but I can't think of any builds with a covered bridge like this.

So much detail. And the interior is great!

Thanks!

Wonderful job!

Thank you :)

Nice idea with the covered walkway! The SNOT rockwork also looks great, and the castle itself is fantastic!

Thanks Lord Dan :classic:

Stunning build! :wub: I love all the angled sections in the wall and the little waterfalls are excellent :thumbup:

Fantastic trees and interior as well :classic:

Thanks John, glad you noticed the little waterfalls :classic:

Nice one! Love the rocks next to the river, the walkway over the river, everything looks great!

Thanks Alfadas!

Really great moc mate.. This bridge is fantastic.

Thanks Gunman :classic:

Absolutely stunning!!!

Excellent build, fantastic job on the irregular wall!

Great landscape too. Buildings remind me of Rohan.

Thank you, and yeah the wooden sections do look rather like Rohan buildings :classic:

Wow!! :wub: Lovely build! Everything is fantastic!

Thanks!

I loved it when I saw it on flickr, and I love it now - There are so many great details, but the overall composition and the completeness of the moc is what really make it stand out for me!

Thank you :classic:

Fantastic build :wub: ! I really love the walkway!

Thanks!

Wow, soccerkid6! This is amazing! :wub:

Where do I start? Very natural rockwork supporting the castle, and very innovative solution to crossing the moat. Really "believable" landscaping outside too.

Top work :thumbup:

Thanks Basiliscus!

Fantastic work!

The roof, the vegetation and the castle itself look amazing :classic: . The walkway is awesome, too!

Thank you :classic:

Fantastic build SK, the covered walkway is excellent as are those trees! Really nice interior too! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai!

There is so much to like on this!

The covered walkway is particularly good - and not something I've seen a lot of either!

Well done

D

Thanks!

Gosh, that's so beautiful SK! The wood housing on top of the wall looks amazing, and the landscaping is really giving the feeling of spring. :classic: I also really like that the wall looks a bit ruff, rather than polished with battlements - it gives the feel of an old wall/fortress that's been modified. :thumbup:

Thank you, and yeah i really liked the crumbling look of the outer wall :classic:

Stupendous build SK, lovely landscaping and excellent work with both the stone and wooden sections of the castle! :sweet:

Excellent covered bridge into the castle as well, and fantastic interior - overall a thoroughly top-notch build :thumbup::classic:

Thanks Garmadon :classic:

What a great keep! The combination of wood work and stone is fantastic. That bridge is a wonderful and very unique idea. And of course the rock work is awesome.