Are those big gray things rocks? It kinda looks like something I'm not gonna name :laugh:

Today I've made available my video from 41999, performing and comparing it with 9398 in some situations.

Thank you for your video. Your "rocks" remind me 9398 advertising where crawler "can drive any obstacle..." :sweet:

my conclusion that batteries at 41999 was low :tongue:

Did you tested 41999 outdoor before this video? I also have problems with 41999 because of outdoor dust in the portal hubs. Changing hubs increased performance, but it was still not good as lighter 9398.

I also found that laquered rims at 41999 are less grippy than old black from 9398. In my compariosn video both crawler's rims was equpiped by rubber band to prevent tire slipping.

9398 that I used for comparison have never been outdoor but was played a lot indoor. And its drivetrain was easier to rotate by hand and inertia was better than new 41999 without "mileage".

All this factors played a role, but anyways weight difference is too much...

41999 is better :grin:

Edited by rm8

The "rocks" were homemade with Polyurethane and painted with a couple of spray cans (anthracite and light gray). :classic:

No, my 41999 did not run outdoors before this video. 9398 did, even on the seashore... :laugh:

But the point is that the last section in the video was filmed with the same batteries used on 41999 before and without recharging them.

So my conclusion was that the extra weight and almost surprisingly also the lights, had their effect.

41999 is still a great model though! :sweet:

The "rocks" were homemade with Polyurethane and painted with a couple of spray cans (anthracite and light gray). :classic:

No, my 41999 did not run outdoors before this video. 9398 did, even on the seashore... :laugh:

But the point is that the last section in the video was filmed with the same batteries used on 41999 before and without recharging them.

So my conclusion was that the extra weight and almost surprisingly also the lights, had their effect.

41999 is still a great model though! :sweet:

+1. 41999 :thumbdown: at offroad, but looks good :laugh:.

Waiting for you mods

Edited by rm8

+1. 41999

Hi Egor!

Congratulations!

I just finished building it. Chassis is modified in black - no red parts on bord (I think this has been a cost factor from TLG - red might be the cheapest coluor and the Chassis can be copied from 9398).

When the new blue parts had been coming when building it, it was amazing, whaching it grow. I loved to see how strong and clever it has been designed. The door mechanism ist amazing. The silver parts, the winch... all is perfect.

Overall it looks more adult than any other model I have buid so far. If I ever sell my lego, this would be the last to go :o)

Now the modding can start... but i think it will be difficult.

Nice job!

Reagrds from Germany

Edited by dragofoscar

Hi Egor!

Congratulations!

I just finished building it. Chassis is modified in black - no red parts on bord (I think this has been a cost factor from TLG - red might be the cheapest coluor and the Chassis can be copied from 9398).

When the new blue parts had been coming when building it, it was amazing, whaching it grow. I loved to see how strong and clever it has been designed. The door mechanism ist amazing. The silver parts, the winch... all is perfect.

Overall it looks more adult than any other model I have buid so far. If I ever sell my lego, this would be the last to go :o)

Now the modding can start... but i think it will be difficult.

Nice job!

Reagrds from Germany

thank you Dragofoscar,

The chassis is the same as 9398 because

1) challenge rules

2) TLG internal production processes. May be it hard to reSet conveyer to pack chassis bags with black parts....

These are my photos.

I didn't receive any confirmation per e-mail, nor tracking number.

Just received today a box with the set and with the congratulations letter.

As you can see from the letter:

competition_prize_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

another competition is being planned.

Lego is selling the 41999 custom wheels and some of the panels on their parts website: RIGHT PANEL 3X11 Color Family: Blue Exact Color: EARTH BLUE RIM Ø 56 X 34 NO 1001 Color Family: Black Exact Color: BLACK

Well there goes another £30 pounds..... :sceptic:

I wounder what I can use eight of those wheels for? :roflmao:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Gripes about my damaged 41999 box from poor S@H packaging technique aside, I must say that the box on this set is truly exemplary. Gives me a flashback to the 90s when the Technic boxes used to be smaller, sturdier, more luxurious looking, and dark blue colored. The current generation supersized "destroy me" air-filled Technic boxes are designed to maximize perceived value on store shelves at the expense of being practical and sturdy. For the 41999 the Technic design team managed to dodge the marketing cowboys and give us a glimpse of an alternate reality where Technic sets scream quality. :laugh:

Edited by DrFrankenstein

Lego is selling the 41999 custom wheels and some of the panels on their parts website: RIGHT PANEL 3X11 Color Family: Blue Exact Color: EARTH BLUE RIM Ø 56 X 34 NO 1001 Color Family: Black Exact Color: BLACK

May I ask for a link please? :)

May I ask for a link please? :)

Obviously, I am very interested in a link as well.

Pick a Brick doesn't yield any results (or I am not searching properly).

Go to customer sevice => Bricks & Pieces => fill in age range and Country => My set misses a piece => Fill in setnumber => Scroll and find.....

Go to customer sevice => Bricks & Pieces => fill in age range and Country => My set misses a piece => Fill in setnumber => Scroll and find.....

Thanks Gio!

However, will TLG accept that my not yet delivered crawler is missing 8 rims and 40 panels?! :laugh:

Edit: The maximum you can order is the number of pieces in that set, which makes sense.

If we need more details for our quality department, we’ll be in touch in the next one or two days. Otherwise, we’ll simply post a replacement as soon as possible and send you a shipping confirmation to let you know the parts are on their way.

There's obviously no checkout procedure. They review your request and send the parts. Guess my 4 rims and 12 panels won't make it.

Edited by Gekke Ted

I had one Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with 2 Pin Holes Earth BLue missing. (amoungst some other complaints).

The rep from CS reported: "The Earth Blue pieces are out of stock right now, but most of them will be in production again soon."

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I had one Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with 2 Pin Holes Earth BLue missing. (amoungst some other complaints).

The rep from CS reported: "The Earth Blue pieces are out of stock right no, but most of them will be in production again soon."

Interesting!

Does that mean we can expect another Earth Blue Technic set soon?

Edited by PsyKater

Hi all i was in the top 100 and i got my sett this morning, seems they are busy sending them :classic: :classic:

Does that mean we can expect another Earth Blue Technic set soon?

I'm betting on a Earth Blue supercar as next year flagship.

I'm betting on a Earth Blue supercar as next year flagship.

Dark Blue (or Earth Blue) would be great for a new (flagship) model. I am really getting fond of it.

It also combines very well with the new EV3 set.