MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

43 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

When is the official released? 

October 3 for VIPs, and October 8 for everyone else.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
spelling

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Back of box pics are out, showing a moderately sized, but detailed interio

Link?

Ambush on Ferrix is surprisingly accurate, but I am still bothered by the layout of the interior (the back should open into the main body) and the lack of (at least) a fourth figure. Also, Syril Karn's cap should have an orange brim, which I would be more able to forgive if the set included more than one Corpo. Overall, the set still looks good, but it really should be $60 rather than $70. 

Just my opinion but honestly I am rather whelmed by the UCS Razor Crest. Not that it is bad, but the images so far, I think I'll pass for now. Of course need to wait for additional information soon. Just my first impressions based on the initial images. 

10 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

It looks nice but given the the Hasbro version (https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest) was "only" $349 this looks too expensive in comparison *and* takes up too much of a display footprint.

Easy pass (plus I'm still annoyed we didn't get an MBS set this year).

I’m not sure comparing to Hasbro is ever a fair comparison. Lego always tends to be more expensive…especially when it comes to large-scale models.

From what we can see, this set looks absolutely fantastic! I can’t wait to see even more of the interior detail. At $600, this is one that’ll have to wait a while. But I’m definitely on board for one.

56 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ambush on Ferrix is surprisingly accurate, but I am still bothered by the layout of the interior (the back should open into the main body) and the lack of (at least) a fourth figure.

Now they just need to sell the UCS flying triangle with spots for at least three of the Ambush set to slot in. That'll encourage repeat purchases!

But I agree. It's a good looking, accurate set, but it needed to come with a few more figures for it.

11 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

It looks nice but given the the Hasbro version (https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest) was "only" $349 this looks too expensive in comparison *and* takes up too much of a display footprint.

Easy pass (plus I'm still annoyed we didn't get an MBS set this year).

Yeah me too. Theo have to work om the makeup before I breakup there 😅 Still would like an official apology 😂

I think the Razor Crest looks nice. Non-minifig scale stuff has never really interested me, but it's a good set for sure, probably among my favorite of the UCS vehicles they've made. As with most huge sets though, I still can't help but feel like my money would be better spent on a couple of more moderately priced items instead. 

Not the best pictures but from what I can see it looks similar to the MOC's. Not as smooth but also not as fragile. About silver: They put some light and dark gun metal grey parts in the weird Naboo fighter - didn't work for me, did it work for anyone here? Better the wrong colour but at least one colour instead of a rainbow of grey tones. Technically the ship and Mando armor should be something between dark and light metal grey yeah but TLG just doesn't have the parts for chrome or silver ships of that size.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's a good looking, accurate set, but it needed to come with a few more figures for it.

This is my sentiment about many sets in the Disney star wars era, but especially the last couple of years. A set like the Justifier is the extreme example where a few more figs would take the sting of the cost away a bit, but even better priced sets like the Scythe should probably contain 1-2 more figs. It's the worst on projects that only get a handful of sets total, Ressitance was not at all my cup of tea, but Yaeger and Torra should have been figs to make the handful of figs from that show feel "complete". You could laundry list every missing character in things but I think most of us agree each non Saga show Movie is only missing a couple of key figs to give that feeling of bare minimum completion. Point being throw Bix into this set maybe the other lead Corporation guy, throw Owen into the Scythe, etc.

First episodes of Andor were absolutely incredible.

I'd love to get a set for this series, and the set we have is really good, but it has a horrible price, and on top of that it's a retailer exclusive, so the price hasn't dropped a bit ...

I really hope we get more sets for it, or I'm gonna be really irritated.

Crest looks like a combination of all the minifig scale mocs of it. Pretty good, will buy at some point, I still think the AT-AT from last year is better though. I really want to display it with the falcon for some reason, even if the ships literally have nothing to do with each other 

2 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I’m not sure comparing to Hasbro is ever a fair comparison. Lego always tends to be more expensive…especially when it comes to large-scale models.

Especially considering the Hasbro version was a) for sale two years ago, well before inflation took off and both Hasbro and LEGO started raising their prices like mad, and b) sold exclusively through Hasbro's HasLab crowdfunding site, which meant that it did not need to factor third-party retail markup into its price. LEGO's pricing does factor this in (given it will be available via third-party retailers 3 months after LEGO releases it) and is also priced for a 2 year lifespan, building in future inflation over that term. I'd guess that had Hasbro's Razor Crest been released today through regular retailers, it would be a lot closer to LEGO's price.

16 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

First pics of the Crest have leaked. It looks incredible. I can't wait to see the interior. The Blurrg is difficult to make out, but it looks a little underwhelming. 

I'm also curious to see if the landing gear is retractable. I'd guess not, but it'd be pretty cool if it's a function they were able to work in.

I'm sure the landing gear, if it doesn't retract, can detach smoothly, to put it in flight mode. All that's left is to build a stand to show it in action!

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope we get more sets for it, or I'm gonna be really irritated.

I’m good, actually :sceptic: This is the first SW show I don’t really see the appeal of. Way too dreary for my liking. It may dress and sound like SW, but so far it doesn’t feel like it to me. Seriously, a

brothel? In the very first scene, no less?!

:hmpf: 

Can’t see any kids enjoying this, so no wonder we’re not getting additional sets for now :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m good, actually :sceptic: This is the first SW show I don’t really see the appeal of. Way too dreary for my liking. It may dress and sound like SW, but so far it doesn’t feel like it to me. Seriously, a

Hide contents

brothel? In the very first scene, no less?!

:hmpf: 

Can’t see any kids enjoying this, so no wonder we’re not getting additional sets for now :laugh_hard:

Well that's because it wasn't made with kids in mind. Just like Young Jedi Adventures will be made specifically for children, Andor was made for a more mature audience. 

I love this series so much becquse it's actually the first Star Wars project that shows how regular people live in this world. Seeing basic things like sex acknowledged was such a fresh breath of fair for me, instead of another Jedi vs Sith galaxy-saving adventure. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

3 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think the Razor Crest looks nice. Non-minifig scale stuff has never really interested me, but it's a good set for sure, probably among my favorite of the UCS vehicles they've made. As with most huge sets though, I still can't help but feel like my money would be better spent on a couple of more moderately priced items instead. 

It is minifig scale

47 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It is minifig scale

36 minutes ago, Jerac said:

It is bigger than minifig scale.

I think it's most accurate to say that it isn't really possible to assign a single numerical 'minifig scale' since they're not proportioned like humans, but it's in the right ballpark.

It looks really good. I do kind of agree the blurrg does look a little like a microfighter but the set looks great nonetheless.

Andor... wow. I've been kinda cynical about shows based on franchises I like (Given certain recent shows *cough* LOTR *cough*), and I didn't realize how cynical I was about Andor until I saw it... it feels good to be so wrong, to finish an episode of a spinoff show and want more so badly. I loved it. I loved the varied moralities of the characters. No one in it is a pure hero or a pure villain. I loved the cinematography, I loved the action, I just.. it feels good to love a new show again.

All that said, I loved the show enough that I might consider getting the 

Spoiler

surprisingly accurate

Andor set, as critical as I've been of it. I think the andor figure is super inaccurate (don't like the beard print, hair is too long, skin tone is wrong), Karyn is inaccurate, and the Tac-Pod's interior is wrong, but man do I want to have a set from this show.

We need 

Spoiler

Luthen's ship

as a set ASAP, though I worry that lego will decide the show is too mature.

Do you think it will include the full interior? I know we’ve seen the back of the box but it doesn’t show a lot.  For example will we get the sleeping quarters, toilet, storage room behind cockpit etc.