8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

While this series is not my favorite, I will say that it succeeds phenomenally in one area- Color. While there have been series with more minifigures that I appreciated, this one is just full of colorful minifigures that are really eye-catching. Even fairly plain minifigures like the hiker and wildlife photographer are so vibrant that I can't help but want them for my city.

OK, checked two local stores today with no luck, sorry Coopa and other Kiwis.

Bugger :( I was messaging a staff member at Toyco too and they know nothing about an early release on these. They also mentioned no Disney Castle available for any NZ retailers, just through Lego.com due to some licensing issue.

The penguin has a stud on his back, really odd. Surprisingly, there's more back prints than ever. That's a good thing.

Well, while swimming the stud is on top, so like for most animals you can put something on his back. A stud on his head would be even more odd.

Side-note: is it just me, or is the devil kid's torso Elliot's from E.T.?

Good idea! Gonna use that now for him. Thanks.

Bugger :( I was messaging a staff member at Toyco too and they know nothing about an early release on these. They also mentioned no Disney Castle available for any NZ retailers, just through Lego.com due to some licensing issue.

I did a quick Google last night, and one of the links said August for this series. Here: https://www.facebook.com/legominifiguresnz/

I will keep looking and post when something turns up. The Disney Castle situation is annoying, but at least it will be over the free shipping thing. I'm almost tempted to wait on it and get this years Winter Village set at the same time.

Just noticed from his clasp that the rogue is a member of the Wolfpack, a sub-line of Castle released in the early 1990s! How cool is that? :wub:

It's very cool. I just wish he kept the same color scheme as the old Wolfpack instead of wearing green like some kind of Forestman.

Yup completly new!

It's very cool. I just wish he kept the same color scheme as the old Wolfpack instead of wearing green like some kind of Forestman.

Maybe it's a forest wolf? :D

This is defently one of my favourite series's, I'm really impressed. I would've loved a new animal instead of the penguin though, since I already have two of the friends ones. :P

The dog show's dog looks like it's going to be re purposed as Toto too.

Do we think the rogues hood is independent from the mouth cover? Or is that one piece?

It's one piece, it's been used in Ninjago too.

It's one piece...

Indeed. You can see it's one piece about 8:10 into the YouTube review to which I linked.

...it's been used in Ninjago too.

Has it? Which minifigure(s)?

Edited by AmperZand

Looks like 3 Mariachis, a Hiker, a Spy and a Cyborg for me. I may also get a Arabian Knight and a Dog Show, but not likely.

I hope the supply issue for these is better than for the Disney series; the closest I have come to finding those is one empty box at one of the Walmarts near me (which never carries CMFs) :hmpf_bad: That wasn't even near the release, it was two weeks ago. Other than that, nothing.

It's one piece, it's been used in Ninjago too.

No, I don't think so. It looks like a single piece, new mold for hood with a mask. Besides, it's physically impossible to use both Ninjago mask and hood on the same minifigure.

Wow--I wasn't going to get the spy, but then I realized that it's Dash.

That has to be a first for the CMF series, right? I know it's had tons of homages, but never a redesign of an old, named character that I can remember.

This just made me realize how much I'd love a Dr. Kilroy CMF (if Adventurers aren't returning with their own line of sets, that is). There have been enough pieces to make a good updated Pippin Reed (like Misako's torso from Ninjago, and a few different headpieces), but Kilroy is a little trickier. He would benefit hugely from back printing. Anyway.

Spy is a shocking surprise, hair piece and everything looks amazing. Didn't like the minifigures in the beginning, but seeing them closer makes this series a favorite. Oh and I called about these minifigures, should be arriving next week! Of course, that's not for everyone.

Woah! That spy minifigure is Dash from the old Alpha Team theme! It even has an updated version of the logo. That's so cool, I think I'll be getting a good group of those to make updated versions of the rest of the team as well.

I love it when they do things like this. This is absolutely great.

3e1d5932d975303b57fcc1eee94f22de.png3e8198720856f6bb5d61b27e7e26ddaf.png37ae39be124cc0875a6cb244cb4887c8.png

Edited by General Magma