legolijntje

[Contest] LDD/LDraw Contest 2014 Entry Topic: Free-Build

Here's my entry ! Some houses here are huge, but mine is infinite... at least on the inside. Because yeah, I'd love to live in a TARDIS. I could go anywhere, whenever I want to. And since it's way bigger on the inside, I could have a huge Lego room. The design might remind you some other MOCs, but when it's about designing a blue police box, there are no many possibilities. :sceptic: Anyways, I hope you'll like it !

Here are some pictures, and the .lxf is availible here.

tardis13.png

finalt12.png

finalt11.png

As you can see, there was a "dummy" decoration on the 1x6 tiles, which were replaced with LDD2POVRay by POLICE BOX signs. The windows and the PULL TO OPEN sign that you see on the first two picture were rendered in POVRay.

Also, the second and third pictures shows a Time Lord version of me. Or a future Doctor, when he'll finally be ginger. :laugh:

Edited by Leewan

My Entry is Bartonvale house which is conveniently placed next door should I ever convince the owners to sell it for a song , or a pic.

My Blurb...

Just next door is Bartonvale house a rather grand and impressive piece of architecture from our states early days. The grounds our house stands on used to be a part of the original vineyards whose wine has long past into vintage heaven and vines replaced with jasmine.

I chose this very familiar to me building for my entry in the Eurobricks Digital Lego "build your dream home" competition and after countless hours this is the result. I had wanted to try this for some time and the comp prompted me forward, I now have plenty of reasons under my belt why I didn't start earlier. However I am glad I did it and happy with the result.

bartonvale_800.jpg

LDD file 8084 bricks

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=542145

A little license on the dark orange parts but according to bricklink mostly legit.

For photos of the original

https://www.flickr.c...on/13788636053/

and one for artistic licence

Bartonvale House

Hats off to the other entrants.

13809690675_891f014bcb_b.jpg

13810055414_835531ec82.jpg13809713915_22c4062d8e.jpg

Pic 1: View of the house from the front

Pic 2 : Aerial view of the house with the roofs open

Pic 3: Hid some bricks to show full interior

LXF will come as soon as Brickshelf confirms my account :hmpf_bad:

Hello Eurobrickers,

I would like to present to you my entry for the Contest: Free Build.

It is a 32 x 32 modular building as my dream house would be to live in a LEGO city, much like Emmet... But this house could also exist in the real world. I chose a modular because I like living in the city, although I enjoy living in a house at the moment, I think I would enjoy living in a more populated area with lots of buildings around. Anyway, enough chatter, here's some pictures. (Please excuse some pictures are rendered and some are not, the picture of the middle floor is taking forever)

13816678424_c36ebdfd1e_c.jpg

So here it is! There are only a handful of bricks that are either really expensive on Bricklink or that aren't made, but they are easily replaced with a similar colour should I ever have the money to brick build it. I have also taken a couple of short cuts with the floors but i was just being lazy, they would just need a bit of reinforcement and maybe a few different size plates to make in real bricks. Features here are the verandah on the bottom floor to sit on and watch the world pass by and the balcony on the top floor for a similar purpose from a bird's eye view.

13816350095_5de657fbb9_c.jpg

And the back, featuring a back garden for my cats (you may notice lots of cats, I love cats and my dream home would involve lots of them), a small swimming pool and a nice tree to take shade under for outdoor dining.

13816383653_e5d89ffb1c_n.jpg13816355095_5531b8f0cd_n.jpg

Left: This is the kitchen, plenty of bench space and a very big fridge, I like food :sweet: although you have to be careful when using the top right hob, sometimes the curtain catches on fire :laugh:

Right: This is the living room with a cosy fireplace and two large comfy couches.

13842103635_235583f7f2_c.jpg

Here is the best part of the house, the whole middle floor is a dedicated LEGO room. As you can see, there is a large train/city layout. I have tried to include as many sets as possible including three train sets, 4 creator houses, 5 modulars, and many more classic sets which may be harder to figure out but anyway, you get the idea :classic: Not in this picture there is also a building table next to the chimney, this has a lamp of course as well draws containing all the spare parts and it seems my minifig self is working on a purple modular which is seen in The LEGO Movie. Also there is a table tennis table, but I stole its design from the Fire Brigade modular, I just really like table tennis! For images of these please see my flickr photostream.

13816353445_1ae8f48044_c.jpg

And finally, this is the top floor, which contains the bedroom and bathroom (out of picture on the bottom left) and the TV room with another cosy fireplace and a couple of bean bags to sink into and watch my fav shows :laugh: Also this is the floor from which the balcony is accessible. There's a photo of the bed and bathroom on my flickr account, as well as non-rendered versions of everything.

LXF File: LDDContest.lxf

Anyway, I hope you like it and good luck to all contest entries, I really enjoyed building this and now I have a blue print for my dream home :tongue:

Cheers, Tim.

Edited by timmyc1983

Hello

I'd like to present you my entry for the Dream House Contest. My inspiration for the design were lake villas (like Lago Maggiore, or Como)

My "Villa Leggiore" is build on the lake shore with small pier, has 2 floors, lounge corner, pool and integrated boats house for the riva aquarama. There is also a Jacuzzi on the top floor. The roof has a big glass part for nice sleeping under the stars.

13827337775_0f63927913_c.jpg

Whole model is build in SR 3D Builder and is based on 4 plates (2 32x32, 2 32x16) which can be separated. The house is on one 32x32 plate and can be (with some small modification) used as modular. The 1st and 2nd floor can be also separated.

I build also model of my favorite boat riva aquarama Image. To get the characteristic look, I used azure seats, they are not available in this color, but I hope this is ok. I tried to check most of the bricks for color, but can't guarantee, that I used only existing color combination, but since I didn't build "golden wall" :-) I hope, I'm still compliant to rules.

For render, I used Blender and Cycles and for the import to Blender, the new LDraw importer. For more details, feel free to drop me a message.

Here are some more pictures:

13827672724_7dd910ca70_c.jpg

13827686164_09826137ab_c.jpg

13827237475_7d4c97024f_c.jpg

13827629294_fde8ab0b1b_c.jpg

13827332933_e172b3bc0b_c.jpg

For more pictures, please visit my flickr account: Dream House set Hope you like my design.

Here is the link to the SR 3d Builder: House Final

I wish all the competitors good luck and hope for more digital contests!

Love the idea of this contest! :thumbup:

So after far too much time and a bit over 21000 pieces placed, this is what I call my Dream Home: Villa Puppetolus

All but the top two rooms have detailed interior, so please check the lxf file. I'll try to finish it and create a seperate thread with more images, though I don't have time prior the dead line ... I also don't have time nor knowledge to make a solid render, so just some LDD screenshots will have to do. Enjoy!

Villa1.jpg

Villa2.jpg

Villa3.jpg

Villa4.jpg

After all this time I am finally able to come up with my entry.

This house has lots of movements and symbols within its design. It is a modern-classic style mansion-type thingy. The idea is that it's supposed to be a waterfront estate with immediate beach access. And... it's like a modern Gatsby house. Yes... a place to party!

13835755784_c72f1b72e2_c.jpg

The imposing low view of the two story estate with it showing its grandeur.

13835687045_a4e361e886_c.jpg

"front" view... though, there is truly no main entrance! This pic also shows the skylight window on the stair area.

13835756034_3ba402802e_c.jpg

The ginormous glass windows overlooking the state-of-the-art pool to infinity are designed in slide fashion. They have the form that they would open up to allow guests to come in and come out and enjoy a grand party. Also, if returning from the beach, with some magic, you can also slide the right hand panel out and open from there too.... Here is a view of the kitchen inside, with fully professional food network-creme fraiche-style stoves, refrigerator, appliances, and a Mongolian Grill so we can feed the goers delicious Hors D'oeurves, entrees, and some delicious gourmet drinks!

13835413473_e63feff040_c.jpg

The flooring, waterways, and all else are designed to unify... they aim to connect the outdoors with the indoors for a surreal living space.

Here's a view with the entire top of the house hidden to show this movement... Yes, that's an IKEA lamp on the right hand side LOL.

13835413193_e5ce7d831b_c.jpg

Lastly, the second floor, complete with gym. Note how most of it is an open space towards the balcony deck because of the fact it is designed for parties. The bedroom is furnished with washing and clothing hanging facilities in the closet, single bath, king sized bed, computer desk, view overlooking the water, and bedside dresser. The main alley/den has a huge flatscreen TV, sofa, coffee machine, PS3, etc... And in the gym, treadmill and weight racks thus far. Harder to see are a lantern light and "selfie" mirror in the bedroom.

13835414393_fb786965f8_c.jpg

Full Sized images available in my set:

https://www.flickr.c...157643922854693

Piece count is around 5,830 elements... Pics don't do it any justice, so here is the render, enjoy the model!!!

http://www.brickshel..._home_rev_3.lxf

Edited by brickbuilder711

Hi to everyone, this is my entry.

It's a modular city mansion. The facade is based upon a Mansion placed in Portugal. It is made of almost 6000 parts.

13840957094_4fa8d58936.jpg13840955914_d1f12641f4.jpg

It has an elevated ground floor with a kitchen and a dining room. The entrance has a snotted stair and a trophy with a bison's head. At the left I put a garage. The pavement is built in diagonal.

13840954254_65e386e49d.jpg

On the first floor we have a room with coach and TV, a Bathroom complete with bathtube and a master bedroom.

13840585565_47f0c8ee30.jpg13840584685_f11060c817.jpg

On the attic we have the kids room and the toys room with a little diorama.

13840943754_561e6f2cc8.jpg

If you look at the basement you can find purple parts. I usually indicate purple during designing when I can use each color without affecting the aspect of my mocs at building phase.

I will obviously build this Moc, infact every part really exist in the color and shape as in the LDD file. Maybe some plate or some brick, but they are easily replaceable.

Enjoy it.

www.flickr.com/photos/kevin8/sets/72157643933765153/

https://www.dropbox....a cittadina.lxf

Edited by kevin8

Hi, please find my entry.

I wanted a house that shares several universes, not through spatiotemporal portals ;-), but actually on a real small surface. The three universes thus correspond to three elements: water, rock and organic/earth. In this house, you may live three experiences: under water, in a cave and in a tree. The main entrance is in the rock and discloses to the floor in a kitchen and a small shower. The main entrance also gives access to a terrace and then you can descend into the living room which is under water. Upstairs, past the shower, you take a small bridge to access the bedroom in a tree. There are also two other possible outputs, by the tree or under water.

The challenge was to build on a 32 x 32 baseplate divided into 4 equal parts (16 x 16): the cave part, the underwater part and the part in the tree, plus a free marine part.

3E-House.jpg3E-House-2.jpg

3E-House-3.jpg

3E-House-5.jpg

3E-House-4.jpg

To enjoy the sea, don't forget to use the airlock. Check the air pressure before entering into the airlock after a bath, then well close the hatch before entering into the living room, and reciprocally.

Enjoy your stay in the three-elements house. And do not forget to feed the octopus.

3E-House-8.jpg

3E-House.lxf

Edited by Ophrys

Hello guys!

As some of you may know, I am a fellow architecture fan and I do achieve architectural study. So it is somehow following this idea that I made my dream house. I'm just warning you it is going to be lets say not a conventionnal way to present a project. I may precise a Lego project. Architects sometimes use posters to show their realization and for this one I really want you to feel and understand my reflexion. It is somehow part of the realism of the project. There are many thing I don't like in our way we build and think houses. I do believe there is many waste of space. Is that roof section really useful for you? Do you want everyone to see inside your house from the street? Also, one teacher I had make me realize that the first thing you usually see when looking at a house is a big white garage door... Seriously... I won't comment.

So first you will look at three posters that explains and show the projects and finally you will see more close up of my dream houses. Please enjoy.

13854455744_a82c8cefe8_c.jpg

Poster #1

13854074845_ddcac49b21_c.jpg

Poster #2

13854100953_d56933184c_c.jpg

Render

13854081825_6746550041_c.jpg

13854067475_37640b9869_c.jpg

13854457094_9be71bde02_c.jpg

13854082435_4c19bc5228_c.jpg

Thank you!

And good luck to everyone!

Harton

Some people might think this is a tub but in some countries this is a highly desirable home.

tubby.jpg

Glad to finish my dream house. Slightly larger scale than Minifig scale, but wanted to do something different. It has 11,188 bricks, open concept, and (mandatory) Lego room. not my choice of bedroom colors. Daughter said I had to make it prettier. Here is the topic.

640x285.jpg

640x452.jpg

640x452.jpg

640x452.jpg

640x452.jpg

More picture-->HERE

LXF

Edited by weavil

Hi everyone!

Although I'm a software engineer by education, I dabble in architecture and interior design as a hobby here and there.

This house is a concept i've had in my head for some time and it represents a dream home for me.

In my vision, this house is placed on the edge of a cliff, the living room and bedroom areas are suspended over the abyss and held by columns. Imagine waking up in such a room to an unobscured view of surrounding hills and forests.

The house is an open space, without doors (except on the bathroom :) ), rooms separated only by wall panels. Walls are made of brick and glass, and the floors, including the terrace, are teak.

In current state, it is basically a bachelor pad :) There's a garage, a living room, bedroom and bathroom. No kitchen at the moment (although i enjoy cooking), so I guess there would be a lot of eating out :)

On with the pics:

13869348994_cf9abbb8cf_c.jpg

13871669914_6002ae55da_c.jpg

13866492305_3b2c2f4199_c.jpg

The "squareness" of the house is broken by the curved bathroom wall

13866874394_53f7275517_c.jpg

What good is a bachelor pad without a nice porsche in the garage? :)

13866518523_52bdb514da_c.jpg

Who can guess the lego set on the shelf? (not a tough question, I'm sure)

13873718384_670376ef7e_c.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the presentation, it was really fun and exciting for me to materialize something I imagined for so long. It's a shame i will probably never be able to build it due to a huge brick count (the lego version :) )

Cheers!

LDD file: https://copy.com/WvJQQl2L28cL

Edited by draganb

This is my entry for the Digital Design Contest 'Build your dream home'.

Chateau 'Sans-Nuage-sur-Maine' is a model I constructed over the last two years, it's loosely based on famous french chateaus 'Fontainebleau' and 'Vaux-le-Vicomte'.

If I were rich and eccentric, that would be my way to live... maybe... probably not... but it's still fun to imagine.

Read here for more info and story.

Pictures (click for higher resolution, or visit mybrickshelf):

Front view, showing the main entrance.

chateau_frontview_small.jpg

Back view, showing the large terrace and the entrance to the garden.

chateau_backside_small.jpg

Detailed shot of the pool/aquarium/party area.

chateau_detail_eastwing_small.jpg

Detailed shot of the main entrance, including 'APPC' ('Armoured Party Personnel Carrier') (tank tracks 'borrowed' from Sunder's 'Heavy Tank Centurion III').

chateau_detail_front_small.jpg

View inside the dome.

chateau_detail_dome_small.jpg

Although not all bricks are connected according to LDD logic, I'm sure everything is physically buildable.

Here's the LXF-file for download.

Be aware that the model is made of almost 40 thousand pieces, you might want to adjust your LDD display quality settings.

If you can, please check out the LXF-file, there are secrets and gimmicks waiting to be discovered!

Thank you for watching!

Regards

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

This is a model of the house I just bought and moved into with my wife. This is our dream home:

house800x500.png

Download .lxf here.

Edited by legolijntje
Fixed image

Hello, this is my entry to the contest. It´s a typical house you can find in many villages in Castilla y Leon, north of Madrid, Spain. These houses were built out of wooden beams, clay bricks, adobe and stone. I ran out of time so it has no interior but that will be next. I hope you like it.

Cheers,

Jaime

castillan_house2.jpg

castillan_house1.jpg

castillan_house3.jpg

castillan_house4.jpg

castillan_house5.jpg

castillan_house6.jpg

Here is the LDD File.

http://www.brickshel...house.lxfml.lxf

Edited by legolijntje
Fixed images

My Dream House:

This house is a combination of different building varieties. The house slightly has a pagoda style to them, and it is mostly inspired by the Farnsworth House. This house is a blend of modern glass with roofs of pagodas. This house mimics the openness of the Farnsworth House

I think simplicity is key to my dream house

The house is hugely inspired by the Farnsworth House as there is vertical columns on the side of the pagoda and a very long main body, with central cores.

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.44.34_am_copy.png

The hardest thing about the construction of the building is the slanted staircase. The angles are odd and it was a geometrical nightmare cleaning it up, but it blends in well now.

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.45.37_am_copy.png

The bedroom:

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.49.11_am.png

The living room has a double sided fireplace, heating the living room and the dining room dually.

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.55.25_am.png

Dining room

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.56.36_am.png

Plan View

screen_shot_2014-04-16_at_2.54.12_am_copy.png

Please check out more photos and full size images in my brickshelf!

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=542284

lfx. file is attatched

Dream house.lxf

Edited by JCHY

Okay, here's my dream home: a nice modern house on a hill.

13879054653_8f00f64fd3_c.jpg

Ground floor:

13879100093_e929dce78f_c.jpg

First floor:

13879025625_2519c75931_c.jpg

LXF Attached,

As usual, more pictures available on my flickr

The Nonagon

200 years after the Grey Plague, the planet Earth remains a barren wasteland. No plants grow on the surface of the planet, all life has moved to the deepest caves. But the Circle of Engineers have now regained enough of the lost civilisations knowledge to build gigantic greenhouses, biodomes. They are named Nonagons. In current times they can house entire forests, but back then the technology wasn't as advanced, and the Nonagons could only host a few plants. However this new agricultural revolution truly changed the world!

13880177165_60a29f05b0_z.jpg

13880252865_fca9eccc6f_z.jpg

13880191755_2ca517dfac_z.jpg

13880207395_5f02ab0516_o.png

13880647054_8688f2df15_z.jpg

13880311233_818c1d9f5c_z.jpg

Hope you like it! :classic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6aszrr5jjqh0qtu/nonagon.lxf

Edited by Alopex

My dream Rococo Chateau. A lot of the wall was done at various half brick offset, that plus the slope in the wall at the top of window level, allowed for the decoration and facade bricks to be inset. I was especially happy with the curved entry staircase and the fountain.

(Anyone else been looking at CAD software for so long they tried to rotate the pictures in this thread? :laugh:)

13881439034_30d93400d3_o.jpg

Modular layout:

13881772065_f2f28f2ef9_o.jpg

The Blue Room, details:

13882066253_5269ba6129_o.jpg

Window on the staircase. This shows how the half brick offset and slope in the wall allows the windows to be inset.

13882560294_6257443fc1_o.jpg

The Back:

13882066033_5e8eea0049_o.jpg

Entry Staircase and Fountain:

13881694933_a710458c08_o.jpg

Link to files:

This is the file mid way through before I divided the chateau by storey.

This is the final file by slice with the interior

Pictures also available on my Flickr Album.

NOTE: Sorry about this, I just found out I can only attach 100KB files in total, where I had assumed that was 100KB per file. So the next 5 images and the LDraw file will appear as soon as I find somewhere to host them :/

NOTE2: It's still 23:15 GMT right now, yeah? The deadline is GMT not BST?

~~~~~

Here's the house I often dream of, most likely because I spent the first fifteen years of my life living in it :)

13883210104_9fe2759917_o.jpg

I wanted it to fit in with LEGO's official Modular buildings but 16x32 was not deep enough, so I made the house 16x48 and then added a garden of the same dimensions too.

13883210714_44405d94f3_o.jpg

From left to right:

• The garage that my dad added to the house that he used as his workshop (he fixed washing machines, dishwashers etc.)
  • Downstairs toilet
  • Hallway and stairs
  • Kitchen
  • Patio
  • Garden
  • Stepping stones
  • Cherry tree
  • Birdhouse
  • Shed
  • Bench

In addition to my own memory and some old home videos, I found a post on Iqbal Aalam's architecture blog very helpful as it contained photos and original floorplans.

13882875453_74e9a8e37e_o.jpg

Here you can see the first and second floors:

13882873583_23b56911bf_o.jpg

Clockwise from bottom right:

• Balcony
  • Living room
  • Stairs and hallway wardrobe
  • Parent's bedroom
  • Sister's bedroom (with stairs to attic)
  • Hallway with wardrobe and airing cupboard
  • My bedroom with computer
  • Bathroom (with shower curtain rail)

Here's the attic (with pool table) and roof itself:

13882873263_ffd38ec247_o.jpg

The roof includes some extra-rare 1x12 tan bricks, necessary for the stepped pattern!

Finally, the houses were modular in pairs, each one being a mirror image of its neighbour. So though my model is just the one house, here's what it looks like with the mirrored gardens:

13882809055_22d117e8f9_o.jpg

And here's my LDraw file:

house.zip

Please step through and see all the details I couldn't explain in just six images. For example, it is made of exactly 4,444 pieces! Also, the four copper pieces are stand-ins for pieces that don't exist in as official LDraw pieces and the radar screen should be a computer one.

Finally, here's the topic where I will be posting more information:

[http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94542]

Edited by smoothbit

Ok, I will close this topic now.

Thanks everyone for the amazing entries. The quality of the buildings is very high. :thumbup::classic:

I think voting will be difficult for everyone...

The voting will start in a few days, more details will follow.