Hello everyone.

Here is my latest creation - The Monde cinema. (Monde roughly translating into 'World' in French)

I've wanted to build a cinema for quite some time now, after getting the palace cinema it really pushed me into making my own.

It is of a 1920-30's design using some Egyptian and Mayan styling. The Grand-Rex in Paris was my inspiration on exterior proportions. I chose a french name for the Cinema in homage. I spent a huge amount of time checking out interior and exterior styling of Cinema's and this changed the design throughout the build.

It took me forever to decide on the right dimensions. I didn't want to make it too deep to restrict light for photos at the back. I felt if it was too tall the figs would look out of proportion. I also didn't want to make a huge auditorium full of seats with a very tall ceiling. I felt it wouldn't be much to look at. I was more interested in making a tall welcoming lobby with a more detailed floor design and 'slight' windows. The challenge I set myself was to make working brick built doors and brick built windows. There is also a bar downstairs to break up the fascia at the front and lower the height of the auditorium.

It's taken several months to complete but has been a fun project.

Here is a few sample pics

11090598343_c120c30fda_c.jpg

11090452595_3e400d2588_c.jpg

11090519956_32cee622d1_c.jpg

11090534324_0dc82fc72b_c.jpg

11090489246_f81fe0f834_c.jpg

11090391815_610020df41_c.jpg

The rest of the pictures can be found here http://www.flickr.co...157638125748846

Comments welcome!

I think on the outside it looks fantastic. But it's the interior that looks stunningly sumptuous Snaillad!

I love the lettering - it looks so right. Excellent job!

I'd feel rude not to leave comment here as well - but as I said on Flickr, I think it's a magnificent building. The exterior is spot-on for the architectural style, that lettering is brilliant, and the interior is no less nice. The colour combinations and the details - like those recessed lamps in the bar - are all wonderful. I don't think there's anybody out there that does Art Deco better. Keep it up! :)

Wow, another amazing building from you! The details in and out are simply awesome, the grand foyer area is just astonishing with the tiled floor and those windows but I think the bar is my favourite part of this build :wub: , very well detailed and it seems there's some stories going on in there too :grin:

Fantastic yet again, happy building :laugh:

This is awesome! :wub:

My favourite details are the massive sign on the outside of the building and the grand lobby with its patterned floor and walls. The white-gloved attendants are a nice touch too.

Beautiful! I'd like to build a cinema in the next... weeks? months? and this is a big source of insipiration. Of course mine won't be as big as yours :laugh:

Anyway, maybe the best cinema ever!

Wonderul art deco building! My favourites are always the details, like the plants and and the ornament everywhere.

I :wub: how art deco this is.......my goodness I :wub: the floor, the cocktail bar and the outside......man, there's a lot of cheese pieces that went into this creation ! :grin:

AWESOME work 'snaillad'.....I think it's your finest work yet.....Brick On ! :grin:

I was just about to leave for a walk when I saw the headline: Monde Cinema with the tag "art deco". After I got the 10184 Town Plan I have had a thing for art deco. And Monde delivers it! You have done it again, Snailad.

This building is really beautiful. I love the art deco details. You have really caught the spirit. The lobby is really impressive with the details. I can see the inspiration from both Egyptian and Mayan culture there. And the little happening in the bar :thumbup:

What's not to like about the Monde?

One of the best Modular Buildings I have ever seen!

Great details. I really like the road you've added :thumbup:

Just absolute quality. So many nice elements to the build as a whole and to each room featured.

The projection room is great!

I'm assuming they're showing the Lego movie on the screen? :)

Cinema looks fantastic! The art deco style fits to the building nicely, and different geometrical shapes in the interiors are creating interesting niches (the floor pattern and the side wall). Hanging lamps are a nice touch, and lots of greenery around the halls brightens the large hall. Congratulations for this fantastic MOC!