The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

And now that the Avengers Tower has been leaked, I'm just waiting on the modular Museum pics soon.

Yeah.  I’ve got the sanctum, as it was a gift, but have resisted the Daily Bugle and will try to resist Avengers Tower, simply because to buy them both will set me back more than I can realistically afford, with the 2024 modular coming in at around £250-270. They’re also much taller than the other modulars, and my GBHQ looks a little large in my town.

I don’t plan on buying Marvel modular buildings at all, yay for my wallet. I mean I just bought Parisian Restaurant set for $375 at the lego fan expo last Sunday. As a new collector, I bought Police Station, Boutique Hotel, Jazz Club, Downtown Diner, Bookshop and Corner Gargage WITHIN a year. I did look at Daily Bugle set but I told myself “Nah, it’ snot worthy now”. I mean, a big modular buidling is moving up the alley.  Oh and I’m eyeing Assembly Square. I guess my wallet is in agony…

20 hours ago, Mandy85 said:

Yes me too! If I don’t buy anymore sets for the next six months I at least want the tower and and the museum and I’ll be happy 

So many people are going to make some tough decisions on what to buy soon.

7 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Yeah.  I’ve got the sanctum, as it was a gift, but have resisted the Daily Bugle and will try to resist Avengers Tower, simply because to buy them both will set me back more than I can realistically afford, with the 2024 modular coming in at around £250-270. 

Decisions. Decisions. 

On 10/14/2023 at 11:09 AM, BrickFit26 said:

So many people are going to make some tough decisions on what to buy soon.

Decisions. Decisions. 

Yes, my finger keeps hovering over the buy button at lego.com to pick up double points on ninjago city markets. But an expensive modular coming up?  Ugh. Maybe I’ll win the lottery in the next few months. 

26 minutes ago, Chmashdehjare said:

Yes, my finger keeps hovering over the buy button at lego.com to pick up double points on ninjago city markets. But an expensive modular coming up?  Ugh. Maybe I’ll win the lottery in the next few months. 

They've posted a picture of the Ninjago modulars on the Black Friday page, so there's a chance it gets discounted during the VIP weekend before Black Friday, or the Black Friday weekend.

2 hours ago, Chmashdehjare said:

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

They've posted a picture of the Ninjago modulars on the Black Friday page, so there's a chance it gets discounted during the VIP weekend before Black Friday, or the Black Friday weekend.

I collect all Ninjago modulars although I have held off on this last one, and hoping to get it when it's on sale. I still have a list of other big items to get, especially with Winter Village then the actual 2024 modular, then the CNY sets.

I'll probably get the Avengers tower eventually but maybe much later.

3 hours ago, Chmashdehjare said:

I like to wait for double points during black Friday for the points and for some really good GWP sets. But it's hard because things sell out so fast.

I keep checking this thread almost every one or two hour to see if there is any update and I see nothing… I think Im losing my mind.

21 hours ago, Brick387 said:

I think all of us modular fans lose our minds to some extent around this time of year :pir_tong2:

Yup! Lol

Edited by Lion King
Typo

Anyone else notice that the Bookstore and AS don't say Retiring Soon anymore on the US website (haven't checked other countries), but the Police Station says Last Chance?

Edited by Silverhurst

I think the announcement of the Museum is cool. It would be kind of a dig at the Ideas project if figures of Sacagawea and other NATM adjacent figures end up appearing in this set. The rumored description of the fossil and skylight sound lovely.

I did want to take a moment and express that I truly wish we would get classic smiley heads again in the modulars. I hate that the normal heads have seeped their way in. I always loved the classic smiley and felt it was nice that this tradition lived on in the modulars. We always have CITY, Creator, Ninjago, CMF and other in party IP's that utilize "normal" yellow heads. The classic smiley was one of my favorite parts of the modulars and I hope eventually they come back. We don't even have an option to currently buy the smiley piece on PAB as of the last time I tried to find it. If anyone can provide a part number that would be great, as the ones I found on Bricklink could not be ordered on PAB. Mind you, the Assembly Square is still available but given its the most recent set to have that smiley and its likely not in production, that may be a factor. Still, I think its annoying that with the choice to give regular expressions to these figures, we have no sets that carry the legacy of the classic smiley. The occasional figure is not enough for me. I wish the modulars went back to that formula honestly.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I think the announcement of the Museum is cool. It would be kind of a dig at the Ideas project if figures of Sacagawea and other NATM adjacent figures end up appearing in this set. The rumored description of the fossil and skylight sound lovely.

I did want to take a moment and express that I truly wish we would get classic smiley heads again in the modulars. I hate that the normal heads have seeped their way in. I always loved the classic smiley and felt it was nice that this tradition lived on in the modulars. We always have CITY, Creator, Ninjago, CMF and other in party IP's that utilize "normal" yellow heads. The classic smiley was one of my favorite parts of the modulars and I hope eventually they come back. We don't even have an option to currently buy the smiley piece on PAB as of the last time I tried to find it. If anyone can provide a part number that would be great, as the ones I found on Bricklink could not be ordered on PAB. Mind you, the Assembly Square is still available but given its the most recent set to have that smiley and its likely not in production, that may be a factor. Still, I think its annoying that with the choice to give regular expressions to these figures, we have no sets that carry the legacy of the classic smiley. The occasional figure is not enough for me. I wish the modulars went back to that formula honestly.

I understand your point but, for me the new heads give more personality to the minifigures. With the different faces we can create new and diverse situations, where the expressions of the minifigures give a very special and more realistic touch.

37 minutes ago, Mr_Pepi said:

I did want to take a moment and express that I truly wish we would get classic smiley heads again in the modulars. I hate that the normal heads have seeped their way in. I always loved the classic smiley and felt it was nice that this tradition lived on in the modulars.

I am not that enthusiastic about that either, but I don't think they'll go back to smiley faces.
In fact, I think there is more chance LEGO will move from yellow faces to all these skin tones...
The horror!

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

We don't even have an option to currently buy the smiley piece on PAB as of the last time I tried to find it. If anyone can provide a part number that would be great, as the ones I found on Bricklink could not be ordered on PAB. Mind you, the Assembly Square is still available but given its the most recent set to have that smiley and its likely not in production, that may be a factor. Still, I think its annoying that with the choice to give regular expressions to these figures, we have no sets that carry the legacy of the classic smiley. The occasional figure is not enough for me. I wish the modulars went back to that formula honestly.

Classic smiley on PAB part 9336

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

I did want to take a moment and express that I truly wish we would get classic smiley heads again in the modulars. I hate that the normal heads have seeped their way in. I always loved the classic smiley and felt it was nice that this tradition lived on in the modulars. We always have CITY, Creator, Ninjago, CMF and other in party IP's that utilize "normal" yellow heads. The classic smiley was one of my favorite parts of the modulars and I hope eventually they come back. We don't even have an option to currently buy the smiley piece on PAB as of the last time I tried to find it. If anyone can provide a part number that would be great, as the ones I found on Bricklink could not be ordered on PAB. Mind you, the Assembly Square is still available but given it’s the most recent set to have that smiley and it’s likely not in production, that may be a factor. Still, I think it’s annoying that with the choice to give regular expressions to these figures, we have no sets that carry the legacy of the classic smiley. The occasional figure is not enough for me. I wish the modulars went back to that formula honestly.

I see your point clearly and I get it. But I really like modern heads with individual facial expressions, giving minifiures their personalities. Classic smiley heads are….creepy. I mean it looks like minifiugres with classic smiley heads having empty eyes, lifeless smile….they are the army of look-alike soulless people. Creepy. Minifigures with modern heads are much lively that i need to populate my modular city. 

Sorry dude, just saying.

So I will swap Assembly Square’s minifigures’ s classic smiley heads with modern ones as soon as I get that set…

I like both actually and can understand both sides. The classic smile certainly has it´s charm (no idea how someone can think they would be creepy) but on the other hand it can look kinda boring if everyone looks the same. That beeing said it would have been bad if they used any other face than the classic one for classic space - while that would work for other themes like in the forestmen gwp, classic space just has to have that classic smile IMO: On the other hand wouldn´t have minded to have the forestmen with classic face also. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

Classic smiley heads are….creepy. I mean it looks like minifiugres with classic smiley heads having empty eyes, lifeless smile….they are the army of look-alike soulless people. Creepy. Minifigures with modern heads are much lively that i need to populate my modular city.

This :thumbup:

I think there is something charming about the classic smileys - for me Lego is an escape from our everyday aggressive and high pressure society where people don’t tend to smile at each other. I always liked the fact everybody in Lego Town was happy.

Classic smiley for me!  I substitute them into my whole minifig collection!  I like the idea that you judge someone by their dress sense, not by what they look like