The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yeah, or a large Mickey's Head as a cornerbuilding, and the entrance is his mouth....haha...!

Yeah, or a large Mickey's Head as a cornerbuilding, and the entrance is his mouth....haha...!

Now that might be a bit scary, as bad as Minnie with a pistol ! :laugh:

Rename the modular line to be 'Main Street USA...' and have artificial cookie smells pumped out of the buildings? Would have the "necessary" play value :D

Sounds like a collector's dream and a reseller's nightmare. I am thinking about starting a rumor on some other boards that this year's San Diego Comic Con will offer four unique minifigs only available at the con: an Adam West Batman, A Snaggletooth for Star Wars, a Gondor Soldier from Lord of the Rings, and the Ghost of Captain Cutler glow in the dark minifig for the Scooby Doo series. In the meantime, hope no one actually goes to the Lego store thinking they will get a $150 Green Grocer.

Sounds like a collector's dream and a reseller's nightmare.

Not necessarily a nightmare, the set wouldn't be produced forever, so his investment might loose a little value but then would skyrocket again after the production of a new old set ends. sort of like the 2004 wave of lego sets that were brought back, and that started a whole new trade value of the original sets having even more value to collectors

"We also have another surprise waiting for you during the checkout process but you’ll have to see what that is for yourself."

I know it's a Disney party!, but this is a very detailed remark. Any thoughts?

I'm going to check April 3rd anyway...

Could you imagine how that would go if it were true? They would probably be sold out by the time we woke up in the AM to check online. Since I am trying to Bricklink GG anyway, I would have to explain to my wife why we have to put debt on the credit card. It would take some effort to prove that charging it up now would save money in the long run in the attempt build it.

Nice April fools joke, but nothing more than that. It does not make sense that the Lego group would make these retired modulars available for a few days, well knowing how extremely popular they are and thus how much money the Lego group could make from such a reawakening. I do wish though that it was for real. Bummer.

If this had been true I would be all over this as I didn't start to collect the Modular buildings until 3 years ago and MS, CC and GG had all been discontinued already by then. I have since Bricklinked the GG and have 449 pieces for CC and 476 pieces for MS set aside so far. I would probably just buy the CC and keep Bricklinking the MS since I have about 40% of it already and I will be modifying it heavily as well.

Honestly, I have no clue why Lego does not have a "Revival" theme to bring out re-makes of classic sets. I could list a dozen or so sets over the last 40 years that would be worth a re-make.

For the next set I'd love to see some sort of Rock Club. Would be great to have a building for live music, complete with a stage and a band. Would be neat to if you had general admission on the bottom floor and maybe a balcony hanging over on the 2nd floor with seating. You could have the backstage green room behind the stage and maybe the manager's office of the club on the 3rd level.

I'd love to build it myself but I have ZERO idea on how you people create MOC buildings. I just started collecting the modular's this past X-mas. I have 4 now. Cinema, Detective's, Parisian and Pet Shop. I love all the detail and putting them together but I've always been amazed how people come up with the ideas for them. Seeing some of the MOC's on this site has been pretty cool.

jesse

Some LEGO designers came out and said there wouldn't be a revival of any retired sets. They may tweak some and re-release them (like Star Wars), but no two sets will ever be the same.

There is too much to go into it, including retired molds, or colors that aren't used anymore.

Also, LEGO did have a Legends line in the early 2000s that failed miserably I guess, so I doubt they will ever entertain that idea again.

Did anyone else get slightly different fence pieces in Pet Shop than what was shown in the manual? Bizzare...

16850056788_5c4871a4da_z.jpg17036390812_f638ab2039_z.jpg

16850056278_813829ef30_z.jpg16850056878_3e28a933b8_z.jpg

Not a big deal, but it would have looked better with less studs.

Edited by salsa

That's the new mold for those fences. TLG doesn't distinguish between them, so when they run out of stock of the fences they originally used in the Pet Shop, they start using the new mold with four studs on top.

Help!

I want the advice of the combined wisdom of the Eurobricks members.

Last year I got the Parisian Restaurant for my birthday and I am going to buy a new modular set to go with it. Does the Pet Shop or the Detective Agency sit next to the Parisian Restaurant better?

I like the external look of the Pet Shop but the interior seems rather empty compared to the Parisian Restaurant. The interior of the Detective Agency looks great, especially the ground floor, but will it look out of place next to the Restaurant set?

Decisions, decisions!

I would say get the Pet Shop now , if you can, since its slated for retirement soon. You'd then have another 3-4 years at least to decide if you want the Detectives Office

Pet Shop would be my vote for same reason- if you don't get it soon you'll never be able to (at a reasonable price) and to me it is one of, if not the best, modular ever.

2zdrmo2.jpg

That's the new mold for those fences. TLG doesn't distinguish between them, so when they run out of stock of the fences they originally used in the Pet Shop, they start using the new mold with four studs on top.

Thanks for sharing this information. I had the same experience when I got Tree House (31010). The fences in the set were not like those shown in the manual.

Ya know, I do have some problems with differentiating between subtle differences in colors. However, I have no use for the outlines used to show you where the bricks go. If I recall correctly, the individual bags in Tower Bridge weren't even numbered. I don't mind that either. I can appreciate the problems with color differentiation, but some of the complaints elsewhere on the Internet sound as if they want so many clues that Lego might as well ship the item per-assembled. Part of the Lego experience is the sort and figuring out the assembly.

I am color blind, but enjoy building all of the sets, especially the modular, I am blessed to have a loving wife of 35 years who finds the right parts for me.