eric trax

Jeep Willys MB - Lego 10317 model B

I can finally get back to posting. I haven't shown anything new for a long time and it's time to change that! When I first saw the 10317 set (classic Defender) I liked it a lot but I wasn't going to buy it. All until I realized that it has 6 wheels and I can build a Jeep Willys with an M3 cannon out of it. I quickly drove to the Lego Store and started working on the model. The effect of the work can be seen below:

1024-jeep-willys-mb-01.jpg

The creator-style alternative model is something new to me. There are not many functions, because the Willys itself is not a complicated vehicle. However, it was possible to organize the suspension and steering control. To make the Jeep more attractive, I added a number of details such as: canisters, a radio station, an antenna, boxes with ammunition and tools, a Browning M2HB machine gun and, for dessert, a 37mm M3 cannon for destroying tanks.

1024-jeep-willys-mb-02.jpg

Below are pictures where you can see all the details. The model has few functions so I resigned from publishing the video. I must admit that I am pleased with the end result. Willys looks cool especially in this color and draped with gear. I regret that it was not possible to make an opening bonnet and dummy engine under it. Unfortunately, I sacrificed it for a more solid construction so that you can play with it calmly.

Building instructions:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-145676/erictrax/10317-jeep-willys-mb/

Gallery:

128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 

Edited by eric trax
Converted oversized pictures to links. Max allowed image size is 1024x1024.

Great model, really.

Clever idea to perfectly reuse 10317 inventory, and very clean design. It can't be any better.

7 hours ago, eric trax said:

All until I realized that it has 6 wheels and I can build a Jeep Wilys with an M3 cannon out of it.

One of the funniest sentences I ever read here :DDDD

Looks fantastic! Especially the M3 cannon and the .50 cal on top are great with the given parts.

Now I wonder if there are enough parts to moc a Pinzgauer out of the model :-P

I'm not a fan of vehicles using fof war, but you made extraordinary MOC, or should I use term B-model. Sadly it is not 1:17 scale to fit (most of) your other models...

I have no words to describe my delight. It looks amazing, and if you also consider that this is a B model, then it's just fantastic :pir-love:

Looks really cool with all those addons, too bad you were so fast. Sadly, now I have to come up with another idea because I wanted to do the same after building it in technic form before.

By the way, Willys is spelled with two Ls ;) And it is called a Willys Jeep, not a Jeep Willys (at that time the company Jeep did not exist, Willys was the company name).

Thank you guys!!! :pir-grin: I spent a lot of time perfecting the look and I'm glad you like it!

5 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Looks really cool with all those addons, too bad you were so fast. Sadly, now I have to come up with another idea because I wanted to do the same after building it in technic form before.

By the way, Willys is spelled with two Ls ;) And it is called a Willys Jeep, not a Jeep Willys (at that time the company Jeep did not exist, Willys was the company name).

Thank you for paying attention! You are right should write WiLLys. I have a lot of fixing to do :pir-murder: Correctly I should have written only Willys MB but I added Jeep so that everyone knows what vehicle I mean when they see the name of the topic.

Brilliant alternative set :) For me the extras do the job - from the rifle through the cannon to the bullets to the cannon, it's probably my favorite element! just beauties :)

Edited by Skylark90

23 hours ago, Milan said:

Frontpaged.

Frontpage image seems to be broken, better take a look at it. :pir-thumb:

Fantastic vehicle, well done!

8 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Fantastic vehicle, well done!

Thank you! The picture is broken maybe because I replaced the pictures by correcting the model name

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

Fixed, thanks.

This is an incredibly creative awesome job, hats off :thumbup: :pir-cry_happy: ! I see it as a fun fact: there are several obvious reasons why CaDA cannot feature this in their military portfolio :pir-blush:

Shortly on a side note: 10y ago my 4y old son asked he´d like to watch me playing another round of COD. I said no and from then refrained from playing war games and building tanks and helicopters..

EDIT: @eric trax they forgot to give you the PRO TAG!

Edited by brunojj1

3 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

they forgot to give you the PRO TAG!

They just don't give them ;)

Neat model, the fact that you managed to build a Jeep out of the Range Over makes it even better.