On 1/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, gwenhael said:

I think this is inspired by the Dash-8 which doesn't have winglets nor pontoons [ https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=dash+8+firefighter&atb=v344-1&iax=images&ia=images ]

could be... TLC got inspiration how to lower parts count and it isn't licensed set anyway, so there is no obligation to anything 

Edited by 1gor

1 hour ago, MangaNOID said:

There is nothing Technic to me about a whole bunch of panels lined up like this. To me it looks like a duplo set :thumbdown: 

Yep, the boxy shaping of the fuselage is just lazy. I bet I could build similar in one sitting, and I'm a low-skilled builder who has never attempted to build an airplane with Technic.

5 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Cant they put a minimum effort into building their own sets correctly for official (!) promo pictures?

The Ford's front end is also misaligned:

gt-oops.png

50 minutes ago, mla2 said:

The Ford's front end is also misaligned:

gt-oops.png

I think caused by the angle of the model or camera: it looks the whole model is turned a bit (2-3 degrees counter-clockwise).

Lever working propeller remind to me this set.

Anyway, it looks very smooth surface.

1000x800p.jpg?1657690104.0096736

Edited by msk6003

6 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

True, more a 2012 set (and that's not necessarily bad):

Yeah, that's true. This definitely feels like an older set, in its simple color scheme, lack of license, and lack of motorization. It still feels like a fairly mediocre older set, but it's still what I would call "pure Technic."

8 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Honestly, what is that? :

kJcLnau.jpg

Cant they put a minimum effort into building their own sets correctly for official (!) promo pictures? 

I totally agree... it's annoying that they show all their lack of accuracy right from the start, even in the very first pictures.

Additionally, the red 7L beams on the right-hand side of the rear part aren't mounted correctly. They need to be pushed.

The plane just looks like it suffered a severe crash right before the official (!!!) photos were taken.

They even mashed up the stickers which show what function are controlled by the 12t gears.

It's a pity...

I don’t think there’s a working elevator.  I don’t see any linkages for one.  

Personally, I’m not a fan.  Too square looking, and too much beam stacking.  A greater use of panels would look better. 

The retractable landing gear is nice though. 

This set makes me want to build a CL-215 or CL-415 now. 

I see another curious piece: look between the second and third 3x11 yellow panel on the side. It’s some sort of alternating hole pattern piece (that probably already exists) in red, which no other alternating hole piece appears in yet. I wonder what it is?

12 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I see another curious piece: look between the second and third 3x11 yellow panel on the side. It’s some sort of alternating hole pattern piece (that probably already exists) in red, which no other alternating hole piece appears in yet. I wonder what it is?

Probably a 7l flipflop beam in red, seems to end all the way up into the wing.

1 hour ago, dhc6twinotter said:

I don’t think there’s a working elevator.  I don’t see any linkages for one.  

My impression was that there is an elevator, but it's just controlled by manually rotating it, without any linkage.

On 1/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, msk6003 said:

Lever working propeller remind to me this set. 

More like this:

This is a great aircraft set, but to be honest, I am kind of disappointed that this set does not include at least one motor for its price. $100 is a lot of money for a non-motorized set that doesn't even include pneumatics, at the very least. To be honest, this set's predecessor (the $50 fire plane set) was a much better deal for roughly the same features, not to mention a better color scheme and a twin-piston engine of all things, even despite its relatively small size and lower piece count.

Now granted, that set released years ago, so I understand the pricing inflation, but its still a bit sad that this set doesn't really better or expand upon its predecessor.

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

28 minutes ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

This is a great aircraft set, but to be honest, I am kind of disappointed that this set does not include at least one motor for its price. $100 is a lot of money for a non-motorized set that doesn't even include pneumatics, at the very least. To be honest, this set's predecessor (the $50 fire plane set) was a much better deal for roughly the same features, not to mention a better color scheme and a twin-piston engine of all things, even despite its relatively small size and lower piece count.

Now granted, that set released years ago, so I understand the pricing inflation, but its still a bit sad that this set doesn't really better or expand upon its predecessor.

Where would you fit the batterry box and the motor inside this set?

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Easy to do in PF era :)

50 minutes ago, LvdH said:

What's this piece? Red 5x7 frame or maybe 5L alternating hole liftarm?

Reportedly 7L alternating hole liftarm, as it seems to continue to the top of the wings which I've counted to be 7L.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

wYy02Xe.png

What's this piece? Red 5x7 frame or maybe 5L alternating hole liftarm?

Red 5X7 frames have been for sale for quite a long time

16 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

88009 would be great to find a place. And not only in this set. The presence of 88010 would facilitate management. The only question is why TLG does not use a hub in technology ...

Edited by Jim
Translated quote

Taking a deeper look at this new corner-panel, we can clearly see that there are straight pinholes instead perpendicular holes, meaning there is no connection (and maybe no need for that) to the bottom. I wonder If the bottom fits regular 3x5 shape. If so, the panel fits all bows to all sides.

42152_1.PNG

42152_2.png

Too bad the new panel doesn't have connection points to the 3x5 bow. Something like an downward-facing axlehole in the corner, or flip-flop style hole arrangement, would have made the part more versatile.