Surely I’m not seeing color inconsistencies in official photos between the green #1 and #4 connector (on 42149) :grin: 

Bracing for another year of disappointment. A bunch of pullbacks with no functions, a bunch of overpriced licensed car model kits that look like crap and lack functions and B-models, and so on. Only the tiny 10 euro kid's sets are still earnest. Technic has really lost its way. I came out of my dark ages last year and I still haven't purchased a new set. 6 out of 11 new releases will be licensed ffs.

Edited by johnnytifosi

58 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Pull-backs are the highlight so far.

Yes, the pull-backs are the highlight.

Yes, really.

Not the Bugatti Blight? (intentional wrong name)

Do I see a new connector used for the steering, 65489 but with only 2 pins instead of 4?

in set 42147

Edited by SNIPE

42148 with mini wings in red yay just need the angled versions too.

42149 has a 7 stud beam with top and side holes in green hopefully we will get in black somewhere too

Edited by Cardboy

It's great to see those new tiny panels popping up in all kinds of colors. Even in green, which is not the most ubiquitous Technic color.

I might get some of these sets just for the parts. The 10 euro sets are both nice, I like the snow groomer the most, will probably get it just for the fun of it. I might get the Bolide for parts, and maybe the green pullback.

That said, the list of sets to come doesn't really bode well. The fireplane sounds nice and will probably be the only mid-range set that might be worth getting this wave. The crane is out of my league (but peeps with 450 spare euros to spend at once on a hobby will be thrilled about it), and all the rest is more cars or other racing stuff. They ought to rename the theme already if this is the lineup. Besides the two 10 euro sets, nothing I see has anything to do with "technic". :/

Oh well. At least the two 10 euro sets are cool for what they are, and I might get both. And there's plenty of Creator or other cool sets to like. Still having the 10497 on my wishlist, and my big 2023 purchase will most likely be Bowser...

It's impressive that they got an excavator b model from a tiny dumper truck a model. Proper tracks on the snow groomer is also good. Overall a nice group of builds/gifts for the youngest builders, nothing for us or any older builders as is expected for the January wave. The Bugatti looks good for those interested in that scale of car. The new panels are mildly interesting but I'm much more interested in new functional elements.

17 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

They are on the lego shop site.

Prepare for more utterly cringeworthy product descriptions!

EDIT: Smack my backside with a rake, I was not disappointed! My favourite: "Kids will love steering the toy dump truck around their make-believe construction site". Who wrote this crap, Bucks Fizz?

Edited by Maaboo35

7 hours ago, johnnytifosi said:

Bracing for another year of disappointment. A bunch of pullbacks with no functions, a bunch of overpriced licensed car model kits that look like crap and lack functions and B-models, and so on. Only the tiny 10 euro kid's sets are still earnest. Technic has really lost its way. I came out of my dark ages last year and I still haven't purchased a new set. 6 out of 11 new releases will be licensed ffs.

Couldn't agree more! Only a third of the line-up is not cars - WTH?! 

This is the technic theme for god's sake - how about some sets with functions for a change? 

I like seeing the green on 42149 and the red wheels on 42150. Pretty much all the b-models look cool as well I must say. Too bad the sets are so small.

Also, I find it hard to criticize LEGO for making ugly models while at the same time not recognizing the hilarity of what has become of real life monster trucks of today.

7 hours ago, Cardboy said:

42149 has a 7 stud beam with top and side holes in green hopefully we will get in black somewhere too

It is possible that they appear in black in Peugeot Hypercar...

On 11/30/2022 at 11:23 AM, Void_S said:

I think it may look like that (it is only my guess, not a leak, not a pre-release prototype, only my personal idea of its visual appearance):

I took a 42138 Mustang Shelby and applied 1-stud lowered "42098 unofficial Camaro"'s "face" to fit it under the "eyebrow". I think it looks good enough, only the rear part needs some polishing to raise the bonnet line, like Corvette has.
For sure, no stickers are applied (yet?).

How could you make the new pieces in the designer program? I can see the angled and short edge pieces there. 

Edited by Milan
Let's not quote pictures.

I'm thinking the 42154 Ford GT set might be the just-revealed track-only Mark IV. I think it makes sense judging that Technic vastly prefers race cars (911 RSR, 488 GTE, Senna GTR, Formula E Porsche, McLaren Formula One, Bolide) over other licensed vehicles. I love Technic cars but can we finally get one with new entertaining functions other than steering, suspension, and fake engine?

cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg

21 minutes ago, StudWorks said:

I'm thinking the 42154 Ford GT set might be the just-revealed track-only Mark IV. I think it makes sense judging that Technic vastly prefers race cars (911 RSR, 488 GTE, Senna GTR, Formula E Porsche, McLaren Formula One, Bolide) over other licensed vehicles. I love Technic cars but can we finally get one with new entertaining functions other than steering, suspension, and fake engine?

Yeah, that honestly sounds likely. We're assuming this is a successor to the RSR and 488, right? If so, it would make a lot of sense for it too to be in a race trim, which sounds rather disappointing to me.

23 minutes ago, StudWorks said:

If they want to make the car look anything similar to this and not an off-road caricature then you can remove suspension from your feature list :)  

1 hour ago, StudWorks said:

... but can we finally get one with new entertaining functions other than steering, suspension, and fake engine?

No.

TLG seems to be hell-bent on doing the same set over and over again with just varying scale and bodywork.

Whatever function come in those scale cars, it's definitely much better than mustang and porsche's pullback.

And least if those sets come in new part or new colored part and include some gear, I can accept even TLG repeat same function in all cars.

Edited by msk6003

15 hours ago, StudWorks said:

If they get the scale right, this would be another use for the Mclaren F1 wheel covers

23 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Yeah, that honestly sounds likely. We're assuming this is a successor to the RSR and 488, right? If so, it would make a lot of sense for it too to be in a race trim, which sounds rather disappointing to me.

The Ford gt is going to be around 120€

I think it will be more in line with the Ford Raptor in terms of fonctionnalities/scale (which is being retired)

The RSR and 488 are 200€, like the new Peugeot 9X8.

On 12/2/2022 at 11:32 AM, SNIPE said:

Do I see a new connector used for the steering, 65489 but with only 2 pins instead of 4?

in set 42147

Indeed, it looks like exactly this in the video. Nice find!

On 12/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, SNIPE said:

in set 42147

On 12/16/2022 at 9:18 PM, aeh5040 said:

Indeed, it looks like exactly this in the video. Nice find!

Y8Ng9BE.jpg

On 12/15/2022 at 9:20 PM, R4ph said:

The Ford gt is going to be around 120€

I think it will be more in line with the Ford Raptor in terms of fonctionnalities/scale (which is being retired)

The RSR and 488 are 200€, like the new Peugeot 9X8.

So a fake engine and opening doors? At least the model becoming rear wheel drive will be accurate this time. :laugh:

The new fender pieces from the Bugatti Bolide do work nicely with the 56 mm tires (42111 Batmobile).