Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI 
Chapter XII 
Chapter XIII 
Chapter XIV 
Chapter XV (you are here)
Chapter XVI

Captain Argentum naturally assumed that the terrible mistake he had made in capturing and sinking a bevy of pirates instead of a fleet of Corries would make him a walking joke in the streets of Salida Este.  The cheers took him quite by surprise.  In fact, they were rather disappointing, for he had high hopes Lady Cora would be there to taunt him, but there wasn’t much chance of finding her in an applauding crowd.

50838732928_28477a1bc0_z.jpg

All in all, it had been a most disappointing monthly raiding and commerce action.  “But,” he said brightening, “all this just means there are more Corries out there to catch next time.”

And so in March 620 Commodore Argentum set sail again, scouring the seas for the red flag.

Well, this ran a little bigger than my usual Captain A vignette. :pir_tong2:  I built it for the Iron Forge as well, so see how many armless minifigure torsos you can spot!  There are 9 different uses, but one is really hard to see.

cYcCFQwWfpGNMo9xYZMfy1uEpW0jbU-metac21hbGwgKDEpLkpQRw%3D%3D-___media_library_original_1108_746.jpg

My favorite use is part of this tudor house.

G1AeR21R2IcKJjlVLDP9HVC3ub3it2-metac21hbGwgKDIpLkpQRw%3D%3D-___media_library_original_1105_1127.jpg

I put way too many details into the alleyway side houses.  It was hard to get good angles for seeing them!

The%20Conquering%20Hero%20Returns%20in%20Triumph%20%281%29.jpg

Here's the toughest torso use to spot; the flower pots on the roof of the medium flesh house.

The%20Conquering%20Hero%20Returns%20in%20Triumph%20%282%29.jpg

vps0Bg3AGSremCugEvYjya1NGSTOyy-metac21hbGwgKDMpLkpQRw%3D%3D-___media_library_original_1295_983.jpg

qGl0ofFbf0U5YyMVEHsPLnAvv39AXC-metac21hbGwgKDQpLkpQRw%3D%3D-___media_library_original_1100_1478.jpg

C&C welcome!  I'm afraid my next instalment won't be nearly so big.  And it'll be hard to close the series with something bigger, but we'll see! :pir-devil:

Edited by Kai NRG

So many torsos! Haha. Great lively colors and textures all around. Great head choices - everyone seems to have a distinct personality. I love all of the SNOT and backwards pieces

Edited by evancelt

Nice build! The wall texture looks great on these buildings, and what I like most in this build is the variety, both in architecture style and colour choice.

Nice build and very creative use of parts: I can spot 7 different uses and some of them are pure genius!

I found 8. Do you mean the 2 flower pots with the yellow and green flowers? I don't recognize them now either. Then I found all 9. That was fun.

Nice build and lots of interesting minifigures. Elsa von Frozen is also there with a different head and hair.

The flags are very creative, but they are ugly (IMHO) look like windsocks.

However the houses, the alley, the pier are a kind of killer ! (the dark green one :pir-love:)

the torso are much more fitting the pier than the flags.

The build was a seed part one ? You needed to use torso without arms ?

The 9 uses were pretty creative... ( I echos @NOD for flower pots ) and that was a fun "Where's Wally/Waldo" game

Before reading the blurb I noticed some of the interesting torso uses in this MOC, then I actually read your post and it all made sense! Some great houses there and in the colourful Salida Este style. I especi ally like the bright yellow/tan colour scheme (one I will likely steal borrow sometime soon(ish)! Fantastic work! frontpaged.png.64052796b06b995c22effc478727a686.png

These are some great building techniques and a nice representation.

I found 8 different usages and then read @NOD's comment where he spotted the last one missing for me. A really cool idea and surprisingly clean.

Lots of good techniques and colors here. I especially like the dark green and bright yellow buildings. I enjoy just looking thru all the photos for new details. The flags/pennants are a little blocky for my taste but I appreciate what you were trying to do. And the title really needs a few more superlatives. :grin:

On 1/15/2021 at 11:41 PM, evancelt said:

So many torsos! Haha. Great lively colors and textures all around. Great head choices - everyone seems to have a distinct personality. I love all of the SNOT and backwards pieces

Thank you!

On 1/16/2021 at 1:32 AM, Bodi said:

Nice build! The wall texture looks great on these buildings, and what I like most in this build is the variety, both in architecture style and colour choice.

Thanks Bodi!

On 1/16/2021 at 6:52 AM, Keymonus said:

Nice build and very creative use of parts: I can spot 7 different uses and some of them are pure genius!

Thanks, it was really fun to find so many uses for the torso here!

On 1/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, NOD said:

I found 8. Do you mean the 2 flower pots with the yellow and green flowers? I don't recognize them now either. Then I found all 9. That was fun.

Nice build and lots of interesting minifigures. Elsa von Frozen is also there with a different head and hair.

Yes, the yellow and green flowers are in upside-down torsos.  Very hard to recognize from my photo angles!

On 1/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, Professor Thaum said:

The flags are very creative, but they are ugly (IMHO) look like windsocks.

However the houses, the alley, the pier are a kind of killer ! (the dark green one :pir-love:)

the torso are much more fitting the pier than the flags.

The build was a seed part one ? You needed to use torso without arms ?

The 9 uses were pretty creative... ( I echos @NOD for flower pots ) and that was a fun "Where's Wally/Waldo" game

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on the flags myself.  I think they looked fairly nice IRL but it's hard to get over how thick they are in the pictures.  It was one of my starting points though, by the time I got finished I didn't think to see how it looked without them.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:13 AM, Ayrlego said:

Before reading the blurb I noticed some of the interesting torso uses in this MOC, then I actually read your post and it all made sense! Some great houses there and in the colourful Salida Este style. I especi ally like the bright yellow/tan colour scheme (one I will likely steal borrow sometime soon(ish)! Fantastic work! frontpaged.png.64052796b06b995c22effc478727a686.png

Thanks Ayrlego!  I wanted to do the second story of the tan house with more light yellow but I ran out. :pir-bawling:

On 1/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Wellesley said:

These are some great building techniques and a nice representation.

I found 8 different usages and then read @NOD's comment where he spotted the last one missing for me. A really cool idea and surprisingly clean.

Thank you!

23 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Lots of good techniques and colors here. I especially like the dark green and bright yellow buildings. I enjoy just looking thru all the photos for new details. The flags/pennants are a little blocky for my taste but I appreciate what you were trying to do. And the title really needs a few more superlatives. :grin:

Thanks Captain Dee!  :pir-laugh:

Just like Ayrlego has a very recognizable build and presentation style, so do you. This is clearly a Kai MOC: the popping colors and the clever chibi-esque building techniques. The presentation fits in perfectly as well, with the cyan backdrop.

The build itself is perfect, with plenty of great posing and lots of minifig liveliness. The amount of uses you've found for the armless torsos is stunning. I'm always amazed by what the Iron Builders can come up with.

I only found six! You'd have to explain the other 3...

But what a great post. Amazing dockside. I have to give some praise : Amazing work.

18 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

But what a great post. Amazing dockside. I have to give some praise : Amazing work.

Except for the 2 black flower pots with the yellow and green flowers, I found all of them. Did you see the big black roof (I recognized him as the last)? The 2 yellow curtain? The 1 gray chimney?

If you open the link to the photos then the photo is bigger. Take another closer look. That is fun.

Ha! I knew there were more torsos than those I've counted at the first pic! Beautifully and quirky colorful, nice experimentation on those techniques and ofc Captain ( I mean who doesn't love Captain A??) :pir-grin:

Excellent build, and great use of forced perspective! The flags are an ingenious use of parts. Nice job and congratulations making the front page!

I put together a time-lapse video of this build by the way, and also there's a build log now on my blog if anyone is interested! :pir-classic:

On 1/18/2021 at 2:54 PM, Khorne said:

Just like Ayrlego has a very recognizable build and presentation style, so do you. This is clearly a Kai MOC: the popping colors and the clever chibi-esque building techniques. The presentation fits in perfectly as well, with the cyan backdrop.

The build itself is perfect, with plenty of great posing and lots of minifig liveliness. The amount of uses you've found for the armless torsos is stunning. I'm always amazed by what the Iron Builders can come up with.

Thanks Khorne!  The torso was a surprisingly versatile piece; I started with the flag idea, but wasn't sure how many other times I'd be able to use it in the scene.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:30 PM, JintaiZ said:

Wonderful build! The details are incredible!

Thank you!

On 1/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Fraunces said:

Did you miss the chimney on the blue house?  The ones on the dock?  The arch over the door of the dark green house?  Some of the others have been mentioned in these comments too. 

Thank you! :pir-sweet:

On 1/19/2021 at 4:28 PM, caiman0637 said:

Absolutely beautiful. Good job!

Thanks!

On 1/20/2021 at 4:31 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Ha! I knew there were more torsos than those I've counted at the first pic! Beautifully and quirky colorful, nice experimentation on those techniques and ofc Captain ( I mean who doesn't love Captain A??) :pir-grin:

Thanks blackdeath! :pir-grin:

On 1/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Really nice - and a bit crazy. What else could we wish for? :pir-laugh:

:pir-laugh:  A monkey - oh wait, there's one of those too! :pir-wink:

On 1/27/2021 at 3:08 AM, Mesabi said:

Excellent build, and great use of forced perspective! The flags are an ingenious use of parts. Nice job and congratulations making the front page!

Thanks Mesabi!

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

I put together a time-lapse video of this build by the way, and also there's a build log now on my blog if anyone is interested! :pir-classic:

I  certainly am interested! I for some reason have not posted on this topic, despite it's absolute awesomeness. It took me ages to notice the torso use on the green building, and I may have to use the cobble technique myself. 

I didn't realise it was this big so now I may have to slightly re-think the pirate town moc I've been making. 

Great work @Kai NRG!

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Thanks for sharing! Didn't know you had a blog, fun to look back at your build logs

How did I fail to comment on this earlier? A fabulous build. I love the color and activity. You always do such a great job with figure posing to create mini scenes within your builds. And I love that the buildings are set at an angle to the retaining wall. Another excellent MOC from you! :thumbup:

On 1/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, Count Vroskri said:

I  certainly am interested! I for some reason have not posted on this topic, despite it's absolute awesomeness. It took me ages to notice the torso use on the green building, and I may have to use the cobble technique myself. 

I didn't realise it was this big so now I may have to slightly re-think the pirate town moc I've been making. 

Great work @Kai NRG!

Thanks!  Bigger isn't necessarily better... but sometimes it is. :pir-laugh:

On 1/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, evancelt said:

Thanks for sharing! Didn't know you had a blog, fun to look back at your build logs

Thank you! :pir-grin: 

On 1/31/2021 at 4:32 PM, Capt Wolf said:

How did I fail to comment on this earlier? A fabulous build. I love the color and activity. You always do such a great job with figure posing to create mini scenes within your builds. And I love that the buildings are set at an angle to the retaining wall. Another excellent MOC from you! :thumbup:

Thanks Capt Wolf!  Actually only two of the buildings are set at an angle - though now that you mention it, I wonder if that gives an illusion of all of them being at an angle... :pir-look:

23 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine video. Now I understand how you make those roads. Quite clever. 

And, of course, I kept watching what would happen to the monkey :pir-laugh:

:pir-laugh:  Thanks Captain!