Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII 
Chapter IX (you are here)
Chapter X

When Captain Argentum finally got hungry enough to lose his sense of bitter humiliation and eat the moldy porridge he had been given for breakfast, he began to cast about in his mind how he was going to reinstate himself in the good graces of Lady Cora.  He needed to do something great and grand and glorious.  Something that would remind her that she needed a real, manly Eslandian in her life and not a Corry puppy that crumpled under the first blow.

Surely there was something tremendous needing to be done!  He sat down and stared into his tin cup of stale water.

About three hours and forty-nine minutes later, an envelope came floating in through the prison bars.  Captain Argentum, who had been dreaming of a reinstated King Fernando praising him as his truest friend and new right-hand man, just barely saved the letter from the rats.

Commodore Edward Argentum:

In recognition of valuable and loyal service Captain Edward Argentum is hereby is promoted to Commodore of the Royal Eslandian Fleet.  Report to [CLASSIFIED] the [CLASSIFIED] inst. of 620 BoBS for further instructions regarding the imminent [CLASSIFIED] expedition.  Your services are requested without delay.

On behalf of the Continental and Colonial Councils,

William Guilder

Commodore Argentum lost no time.

Escaping.jpg

Take that Corrington!

And now to business!

A little build to get the Captain out of prison.  Truth be told, most of my grey bricks are tied up elsewhere so I wasn't able to build something quite as bit as I'd have liked.  But I flatter myself there's an artistic value to simplicity. :pir-grin:

Edited by Kai NRG

I have to commend our Eslandian courier that the letter found its way to you! :pir-grin:

Given how you've been telling the Captain's story, I think their is artistic value in the simplicity of the build. The crossed cannons are very nice, and I really like how Argentum's cape is flowing behind him; combined with the hat plume (and your usual excellent figure posing), there is a real sense of motion as he breaks out. :thumbup:

Crossed cannons as wall decor... that's a new one on me. I like your use of the black heads in the barrels; too bad you have to break up the curves with the blocky parts which I assume are necessary to mount them to the wall?

I like the figure posing and broken section of wall, particularly the way Captain Argentum is rushing out over top of it. But for a newly promoted Commodore, he sure does spend a lot of time reading the classifieds! :laugh:

42 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

But I flatter myself there's an artistic value to simplicity. :pir-grin:

If you consider mowing grass artistic, then yep. Oh wait. That's the upper case kind. Oops. Hehe.

No, seriously, this illustrates the story well enough.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:39 AM, Kai NRG said:

there's an artistic value to simplicity.

Words I live by.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I have to commend our Eslandian courier that the letter found its way to you! :pir-grin:

Given how you've been telling the Captain's story, I think their is artistic value in the simplicity of the build. The crossed cannons are very nice, and I really like how Argentum's cape is flowing behind him; combined with the hat plume (and your usual excellent figure posing), there is a real sense of motion as he breaks out. :thumbup:

:pir_laugh2:  The way we can ignore time in BoBS is beautiful. :pir_tong2:  Thank you!

On 1/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, Captain Dee said:

Crossed cannons as wall decor... that's a new one on me. I like your use of the black heads in the barrels; too bad you have to break up the curves with the blocky parts which I assume are necessary to mount them to the wall?

I like the figure posing and broken section of wall, particularly the way Captain Argentum is rushing out over top of it. But for a newly promoted Commodore, he sure does spend a lot of time reading the classifieds! :laugh:

If you consider mowing grass artistic, then yep. Oh wait. That's the upper case kind. Oops. Hehe.

No, seriously, this illustrates the story well enough.

Thanks Captain Dee!  I was trying to recreate the Corry sigil there with the cannons. :pir-laugh:

On 1/24/2020 at 7:21 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Words I live by.

:pir-laugh: