Kai NRG

This Duel is About the Crabs, Mostly

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV (you are here)
Chapter V

The%20Duel%20%281%29.jpg

I beg my reader to remember that Captain Argentum, having shaken the moldy rafter dust of the Colonial Council from his feet, is off to seek his fortune once again in the wide, wide world.  And where should he first visit but the scene of his latest philanthropic triumph and diplomatic failure, Nova Crablandia?

As it happened, there was a party of Corrington officers and their friends dining on the beach the self-same day that Captain Argentum, floating on his purple plank, came wafting to the sunny shores of Nova Crablandia.  The picnic party was quite a merry one, consisting not only of several officers and their wives and one particularly obnoxious five year old, but also a group of ladies from Terraversa, among them the daughter of a high general.

The%20Duel%20%284%29.jpg

The circumlocution has been in vain--you must have guessed it--among this party was none other than Captain Argentum's very own Lady Cora, who had so touchingly fainted dead away when he presented her with a ring on the point of his sword and with whom he had been able to hold only the most meager communication since, due to his onerous position as representative of the MCTC in the Colonial Council.

Captain Argentum, splashing eagerly through the water after his plank ran aground, came rushing up, recklessly kicking sand onto the picnic blanket.  His first impulse was to draw his sword and assist the dying crabs; his second, as he recognized the dress which, in good Brick Seas fashion, Lady Cora had not changed for years, to fall on his knees and thank providence for leading him thus unerringly to the very spot where she was to be found.

He did neither, however.  For no sooner did Lady Cora catch sight of the redoubtable dark green plume that was as always a true herald of her fiancé’s arrival, than she cast one desperate glance at the Corry officer to her left and fainted dead away.

This desperate glance would have fired the blood of a man much more patient than Captain Argentum.  Even if the glance had been insufficient, the suspicions ease with which she had fainted right into the officer's arms was simply too much.

Captain Argentum drew his sword and tossed his coat on the ground in wrath.  "Who are you?" he thundered.

The%20Duel%20%282%29.jpg

"Colonel Travilla, at your service," the officer replied coldly, calmly laying Lady Cora on the sandy beach and drawing his own sword.

The first clang roused the astonished picnic party.  The women sprang up with shouts of alarm and terror and hurried to save the dishes.  The officers pulled Captain Argentum and Colonel Travilla apart, one exclaiming, "Gentlemen, gentlemen, this is highly irregular!  Your seconds, please!"

The%20Duel%20%285%29.jpg

In the midst of the excitement Lady Cora revived.  Seeing Captain Argentum flourishing a naked sword a few inches away from the Colonel's nose, she cried out, "Oh Edmund!”  (Of course, Edward Argentum naturally assumed she was talking about Edgar Travilla, and vice versa.)  Finding this gentle remonstrance to be of no avail, Lady Cora laid hold of the nearest available weapon, which happened to be a crab, and rushed to join the fray.

The%20Duel%20%286%29.jpg

Captain Argentum, swinging his sword wildly, saw the crab and fell upon the Colonel with redoubled fury, crying out, “Black-hearted betrayer of the crustaceans’ confidence!  Your Empire will answer to King Fernando for this, and you will answer to me!”

So saying, he drew back for a tremendous blow that would end the fight once and for all…

A few more pictures...

The%20Duel%20%283%29.jpg

The%20Duel%20%287%29.jpg

Well there, now that I've gotten the picnic bug out of my system, I wonder what Captain Argentum will be up to next - after he finishes striking his thrilling blow, of course!

C&C welcome!  Not a whole lot to this build, I wanted to go wild with the sand but on the other hand sand is kind of a flat sort of a thing and there's really only so much that can be done with it at this size if it's still going to look like sand. :pir-laugh:  So basically I'm just showing off my lobsters again... :innocent2:

Edited by Kai NRG

37 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

So basically I'm just showing off my lobsters again... :innocent2:

Show-off. :hmpf_bad: :hmpf: :grin:

Well, I have, like, 6 or 7. So there. :tongue:

Neat build, and well-written. I really like the big seafood platter/bowl made from the big half-shell pieces. I might have to copy that sometime. And I didn't know the crabs came in that light purple color. :excited: The fruit basket looks a bit large, but it's a good design. Are the red horn pieces supposed to be crab legs, or... ?

You really need to stop making all these food builds. It's making me hungry. :moar:

And of course I eagerly await the outcome of the food figh... er, duel. :oh:

I came here for the crabs, lol. :grin: I have to agree, that's a wonderfully appetizing way of serving seafood! I also really like Colonel Travilla, the whole combo works out very well, down to the broad, slightly arrogant smile on his face! :thumbup:

Lovely picnic scene, with your usual entertaining writing and fantastic figure posing. Some of the expressions are exceptional. Well done! :thumbup:

On 11/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Captain Dee said:

Show-off. :hmpf_bad: :hmpf: :grin:

Well, I have, like, 6 or 7. So there. :tongue:

Neat build, and well-written. I really like the big seafood platter/bowl made from the big half-shell pieces. I might have to copy that sometime. And I didn't know the crabs came in that light purple color. :excited: The fruit basket looks a bit large, but it's a good design. Are the red horn pieces supposed to be crab legs, or... ?

You really need to stop making all these food builds. It's making me hungry. :moar:

And of course I eagerly await the outcome of the food figh... er, duel. :oh:

Whew!  And where have all those lovely lobsters of yours been hiding? :pir-grin:  Here my wallet started to shed tears after two (nah actually, it was my ten beautiful sea gulls that made my wallet cry... mwahahaha... :pir_tong2: ).

I meant for the red horns to be shrimp. :pir-look:  Copied the design from one of the Hidden Side sets so I am not to blame! :pir-wink:

Thank you!

On 11/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, Exetrius said:

I came here for the crabs, lol. :grin: I have to agree, that's a wonderfully appetizing way of serving seafood! I also really like Colonel Travilla, the whole combo works out very well, down to the broad, slightly arrogant smile on his face! :thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius!  That face works well since not only does it have a reverse side but there's also another head with two expressions for the same guy, so it's great for story telling!

On 11/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Lovely picnic scene, with your usual entertaining writing and fantastic figure posing. Some of the expressions are exceptional. Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Captain!  I'm having fun writing these. :pir-grin:

56 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Whew!  And where have all those lovely lobsters of yours been hiding? :pir-grin:  Here my wallet started to shed tears after two (nah actually, it was my ten beautiful sea gulls that made my wallet cry... mwahahaha... :pir_tong2: ).

I meant for the red horns to be shrimp. :pir-look:  Copied the design from one of the Hidden Side sets so I am not to blame! :pir-wink:

They are currently packed away with the rest of my bricks. :cry2:

That design works reasonably well for shrimp. I've often wondered how to do it, and hadn't thought of this approach. TLG could just print them onto small round tiles, too...

On 11/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, Captain Dee said:

That design works reasonably well for shrimp. I've often wondered how to do it, and hadn't thought of this approach. TLG could just print them onto small round tiles, too...

That's a good idea, much more size appropriate for sure... these ones are antediluvian. :laugh: