MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

14 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

Pictures of the 40451 - Tatooine Homestead May 4th GWP leaked. Not a great picture, but you can get an idea of what it will look like. Same style as the Hoth, Endor, and DS2 dioramas. 

Looks like it got taken down... I'm not seeing a picture anywhere.

39 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Looks like it got taken down... I'm not seeing a picture anywhere.

@lego_club_news on IG has a pic. 

I'm kind of suspicious since it's April 1st but...MandR just said that it's rumored that the Bad Batch minifigs will not have their helmets :wacko:

4 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I'm kind of suspicious since it's April 1st but...MandR just said that it's rumored that the Bad Batch minifigs will not have their helmets :wacko:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Two of them need new molds (Tech and Wrecker, maybe Crosshair depending) and Lego won’t even put a visor hole on a P2 helmet let alone make two new single-use helmets. 

14 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

That actually doesn’t sound so bad. Customs are pretty cheap if you look in the right places, and this way we get individual heads and hair.

31 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

That would be ridiculous, most of the team members don’t even need new moulds to begin with.

Really hope this isn’t true, hopefully it isn’t  given what day it is.

I somehow don't doubt that Lego would skip out on the helmets considering they did for Rex, Gregor, and Wolfe in the Rebels AT-TE set, two of which would've required a new print only. 

50 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

That actually doesn’t sound so bad. Customs are pretty cheap if you look in the right places, and this way we get individual heads and hair.

True - those options do exist and I completely understand the decision from a budget standpoint. However, it's counterproductive since they are just feeding the knockoff market by not meeting the demand of their own customers

Edited by avengers777

1 hour ago, Gontron said:

I somehow don't doubt that Lego would skip out on the helmets considering they did for Rex, Gregor, and Wolfe in the Rebels AT-TE set, two of which would've required a new print only. 

The difference is that the clones in Rebels very rarely wore their helmets, in fact I think it was just for one action scene. In contrast to that, the Bad Batch constantly wear theirs, so an omission here would be EXTREMELY cheap. Or maybe it's true after all and they're planning to release helmeted versions in a future wave, but this time spread across multiple sets :tongue: 

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

It’s april 1 and a lie like that is certainly within his character 

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s april 1 and a lie like that is certainly within his character 

He is saying it for a while now,its not april first thing. He seems 70%-80% sure,but should be taken with the grain of salt. Set he saw or his source saw might be not yet finished product,helmets can also be stored in the shuttle even though i personally wouldnt be suprised if LEGO cheaped out on this.

8 hours ago, avengers777 said:

I'm kind of suspicious since it's April 1st but...MandR just said that it's rumored that the Bad Batch minifigs will not have their helmets

Great. I didn't have much interest in this set anyway, but if TLG do not include the helmets, it would be nonsensical. Considering the amount of pointless single use moulds in lacklustre sequel and Solo sets, it would seem odd that this set, which would surely sell like hotcakes, would not include them, especially when they could have just recycled older helmet pieces for three, and used two inaccurate pieces for the others.

Edited by Stuartn

I do not really see the point in commenting this rumor.

Either he is right, and the Bad Batch doesn't come with helmets. If this is true, a number of people won't buy this set, and there will be a low demand for the minifigs on the 2nd market.

Or he isn't right, and the whole issue is just, well, a kind of a phantom menace.

But I'm confident that in either case, we will learn soon enough.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga has been delayed once again. This hardly comes as a surprise and the devs should definitely be taking all the time they need for the game but putting this out near the end of the previously communicated releasewindow is very unfortunate and a bit disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga has been delayed once again. This hardly comes as a surprise and the devs should definitely be taking all the time they need for the game but putting this out near the end of the previously communicated releasewindow is very unfortunate and a bit disappointing.

Yep, pretty frustrating but if it makes the game the best it can be, I'm willing to wait a bit longer. At this point, I'm preparing myself for a fall 2022 release so as to prevent further disappointment. :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sometimes I wonder if this game is ever going to come out...

Two things:

One: I just realize that if they don’t put the Bad Batch helmets in the HV (if this rumor is true), then we will almost certainly get more sets, which I see as a fair trade off.
Two: I’m kind of worried about if we will end up with some kind of Cyberpunk 2077 or Avengers game thing with the Skywalker Saga. It’ll keep getting delayed, and we will keep building up hype for it, and then it will be disappointing.

My hype for the Skywalker Saga has greatly diminished because of the lack of communication about it. I’m glad that they’re taking more time to fix the game rather than release an incomplete product, but being more transparent about the game instead of only talking about it every six months would be greatly appreciated by a lot of us I’m sure

I mean it’s pretty likely nonsense because a) the batch batch wear their helmets most of the time and b) didn’t a gunmetal grey p2 helmet leak ( and was logically assumed to be bad batch, probs Hunter).

Sabine should’ve had her helmet but Lego only gave it to us once, but she did get a new melded hairpiece ( and hopefully Lego have gotten better since then) . That said I don’t think that they’ll give us hair, I mean Hunter’d look best with a new part like ninjago movie Cole but without the bun but if they do include hair and I doubt they’d give us a new part for that.

Leaked photos don't always show every detail. It's possible that the cover photo for the Bad Batch set has them with heads and hair pieces but that their helmets are also included in the set. That's speculation based on possibility, not a solid rumor. Just to be clear :grin:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh man. What worries me is that they haven't attached even a vague date to that (three months, six months, whatever), which suggests to me there's a lot of stuff to fix than they thought. As you say, glad that they're fixing it, but still. At this rate they'll have to release another holiday special to make blue milk Luke relevant again! :laugh:

I haven't bought a LEGO game on release for a long time, have any been delayed this badly before?

30 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I mean it’s pretty likely nonsense because a) the batch batch wear their helmets most of the time and b) didn’t a gunmetal grey p2 helmet leak ( and was logically assumed to be bad batch, probs Hunter).

Sabine should’ve had her helmet but Lego only gave it to us once, but she did get a new melded hairpiece ( and hopefully Lego have gotten better since then) . That said I don’t think that they’ll give us hair, I mean Hunter’d look best with a new part like ninjago movie Cole but without the bun but if they do include hair and I doubt they’d give us a new part for that.

This is correct, a gunmetal grey clone helmet did leak as a test mold for Hunter long before the set was announced. Some people theorized that it was actually an unprinted Gree helmet, but this is untrue, as his is silver plastic.

I’m gonna hold out faith that they’ll have helmets. If they don’t, I’ll be VERY unhappy.