MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This thread collects everything you think you know about 2021 LEGO Star Wars sets; discuss your opinions here! Please read before posting:

• Stay on target. stayontarget.gif
  • No wish lists. Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2021. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we will see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2021 set, then it is pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic. (We also have a topic for minifigures you want to see, which might be more appropriate.)
  • No fighting. Yes, we actually have to post that!
  • If you post news in this thread, it will not be transferred over to the 2021 News thread.  Be smart, think about what you are posting and in what thread you are posting. This IS your warning!
  • If you have substantiated news, you can post it in the 2021 News thread. If your news is not able to be substantiated your post will be removed.
  • If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.
  • Do not post watermarked or confidential images; they will be removed and the poster will be dealt with appropriately. As stated in our Member Guidelines:
    Sinner said:
    Sinner said:
    If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

This topic is for 2021 discussion, not 2022, and not 2020.  We will make a new topic when we feel it is necessary.  If your post was on the boards, and now it's not...there is a good chance it was either hidden or moved.  Off topic posts, placing info in the wrong thread, or a request from LEGO to remove something; these are all possible reasons why something may have disappeared.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Spoiler Policy
With regards to upcoming sets and rumors: Read at your own risk. This is a topic about potential items to be released. If you do not want to know, stay out of these forums!!!

With regards to spoiler tags: these are not required and we will not force anyone to use them.  That being said, I'm sure if you did use them, the community would be a much happier place!  Please be respectful of others. If a member used a spoiler tag, their intention was to keep something quiet; it was a courtesy to others. If you choose to comment on the contents of that spoiler tag, please refrain from publicly mentioning what the contents of the spoiler were!!!

With regards to movies or shows: We feel that two weeks from the release date is an ample amount of time for most people to view a movie. Once a movie or episode is released, we the staff, will do all we can to curb the usage of spoilers in any of the topics in the Star Wars forum for two weeks. If you do not see the movie or episode within two weeks, then you read here at your own risk.

This is the policy in the Star Wars forum, going forward. If you did not agree with us in the past, so be it. From this point on, we will not police the threads unless something becomes an issue. We ask that members not mini-mod (directly telling other members how to behave ) in the thread and tell others to use spoiler tags. If something is a problem, please inform the mods by reporting it. Any questions, please ask in the appropriate thread.

Too bad the range of Mando merch they revealed today to celebrate the trailer (T-Shirts and the like) doesn’t include the upcoming set, that would’ve been too nice :snicker: At least we finally got something to chew on though

Can someone post on when we should see official details for the the first wave of 2021 and when we should see them hit stores?

Number Set designation # parts UVP Release date  

75295 Millennium Falcon Microfighter 101 9,99€ 02/2021  

75296 Microfighter ? 9,99€ ?  

75297 4+ Resistance X-Wing 92 19,99€ 03/2021  

75298 Tauntaun & AT-AT Microfighter 213 19,99€ 03/2021  

75299 (Mandalorian Set) 276 29,99€ 02/2021  

75300 TIE Fighter 432 39,99€ 02/2021  

75301 X-Wing 474 49,99€ 02/2021  

75302 Imperial Shuttle 589 79,99€ 03/2021  

75303 UCS Set ? (199,99€) 05/2021  

75304 Darth Vader Helmet 721 69,99€ 05/2021  

75305 Scout Trooper Helmet 567 49,99€ 05/2021  

75306 Imperial Probe Droid 538 69,99€ 05/2021  

75307 Buildable Statue ? ? (05/2021)  

oh I just checked the old imperial shuttle, it had 937 parts, the new set will only have about half :sceptic:

Edited by macaron35

2 hours ago, macaron35 said:

75306 Imperial Probe Droid 538 69,99€ 05/2021  

75307 Buildable Statue ? ? (05/2021)  

There seems to be some confusion over these. My understanding was that the buildable statue was of the Probe Droid, which would make more sense than having it in the helmet collection. Stonewars pointed out on Instagram that TLG's press releases for the paper packaging initiative have a Royal Guard bust in the background (which incidentally @ArrowBrickscalled in the Helmets thread *huh*). Nothing confirmed obviously, but it does seem the right sort of size for the helmet collection.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

New year, new thread!

Theory time about the Mando set + the trailer that just released... $30 seems right on point for a set of that boat that appears on the harbor planet. Maybe that’s where he meets Ashoka + Sabine, as some think Sabine is the hooded figure in the trailer. Thus, perhaps we get them as figures in the set?

What if, and this is a stretch, but what if the new tie and X-wing are mandalorian based rather than OT? Probably just wishful thinking, but they do both appear in the trailer, so who knows.

38 minutes ago, arc said:

What if, and this is a stretch, but what if the new tie and X-wing are mandalorian based rather than OT? Probably just wishful thinking, but they do both appear in the trailer, so who knows.

X-Wing reportedly includes Luke and R2-D2, so no dice there sadly.  

Any chance the Tie is based on Squadrons?

I guess not but the new Tie pilot helmet paintjobs and mods featured in this game would be great for a new minifig.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

There seems to be some confusion over these. My understanding was that the buildable statue was of the Probe Droid, which would make more sense than having it in the helmet collection. Stonewars pointed out on Instagram that TLG's press releases for the paper packaging initiative have a Royal Guard bust in the background (which incidentally @ArrowBrickscalled in the Helmets thread *huh*). Nothing confirmed obviously, but it does seem the right sort of size for the helmet collection.

Eurobricks might have a new lego leaker :wink:

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I believe you are correct, at least on the probe droid front. I've said this before, but for one of the helmets to be a probe droid would be weird, especially since it would just be a probe droid head, or basically just a disk. It makes more sense for that to be the buildable statue and something like royal guard or a snowtrooper to be the final helmet.

As for the royal guard, the bust in the image is very primitively made, looking to just be basic bricks, so I doubt it's one of the helmet collection.

6 hours ago, lomis said:

Can someone post on when we should see official details for the the first wave of 2021 and when we should see them hit stores?

Great question, and thanks for answering @macaron35! One thing to keep in mind is that we also have the News thread. We didn't use it very much for 2020. Probably because I scared people off with all the warnings! But I'd love to see more people post there for 2021 info. It's hard for me to keep up with all the substantiated rumors. If you have something solid, feel free to post it there.

With the exception of the potential Mandalorian set, this year is setting up to be the worst LSW year to date.

Do we know for sure if the X-Wing, TIE, and Lambda are going to be regular set "scale-downs" or are they likely to be bigger 4+ models? ("5+"?)

If these are just scaled back a bit, then there's hope, but even still, the rumored figure selections for the TIE and X-Wing seem very bare minimum to me.

Maybe pictures will sway my mind...

10 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

With the exception of the potential Mandalorian set, this year is setting up to be the worst LSW year to date.

Do we know for sure if the X-Wing, TIE, and Lambda are going to be regular set "scale-downs" or are they likely to be bigger 4+ models? ("5+"?)

If these are just scaled back a bit, then there's hope, but even still, the rumored figure selections for the TIE and X-Wing seem very bare minimum to me.

So it seems, yes.

Considering the way how Lego seems to have been cutting corners constantly (battle damaged Anankin torso in Jedi star fighter, lazy printing on the cantina set etc.), I would not be surprised if the minifigures would be exactly similar pilot Luke and TIE-fighter pilot + regular stormie etc. as we have had before.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The X-Wing is said to be roughly the same size just with less detail on the wings and tail section along with a new construction for the nose. The piece count its 474 which falls between the 2006 release (414 pieces) and the 2012 version (544 pieces). I imagine it will look closer to those earlier releases just with more modern parts and hopefully better proportions.

The TIE Fighter is supposed to have a cockpit almost as big as before but the wings will be shrunk down. Hopefully it won't be an issue as the original blue TIE Fighters were smaller than the ones we have today and still looked fine proportionally. Piece count is 432 which is lower than the Solo TIE Fighter (501 pieces) but more than the 2012 release (397 pieces).

The new Imperial Shuttle will have 589 parts which is much less than the 2015 version (917) but still more than double the original (219). The original set looked great for its time and nobody had a problem with the scale back then so with today's newer pieces and building techniques I think they can definitely do it justice at the lower price range.

Just to compare the different versions:

X-Wing

6212-1.png

9493-1.png75218-1.png

TIE Fighter

7263-1.png

9492-1.png

75211-1.png

Imperial Shuttle

7166-1.png75094-1.png

I, for one, am happy about the scaled down ships. Most AFOLs MOC their own Star Wars ships. What we want are figs and enough pieces to MOC. Scaled down models is the perfect way to achieve this.

I concur with that notion. I'll be interested to see how they look, and I'm always impressed by what can be achieved with less pieces. The alleged new nose build for the T65 has me intrigued. That was a constant sore point for me with every single model. The only one I liked was the original, which is frowned upon by most, but at least they got that indentation detail in there with a nice print!

It'll be interesting to see what the new X-wing looks like. If it's good I'll get it, otherwise I can always cherish the fact that I own the 2018 one (which I think is the best looking one so far imo). I can't count how many Luke's and R2's I have now, what are the chances 2021 brings new designs for both figures?

Apart from what I'm assuming will be a TIE pilot, I wonder what the other two figures coming with the TIE Fighter will be? I hope we get a named character, like Tarkin for example. I don't mind generic figures coming in battle packs, after all that's what they're made for, but if I'm going to spend $100+ (NZD) on a LEGO set that's a smaller, less-detailed remake of ones I already own I'd like to add at least *1* interesting figure to my collection. 

I wonder what kind of Imperial Shuttle we get? The last one was the "Rebel" version, so an Imperial one is definitely due for a remake. I wouldn't be upset if the new Vader with arm-printing comes with it as I have no interest in getting the Final Duel set. Like I said above, I have no real interest in buying an Imperial Shuttle lite if all it comes with is a pilot and a couple of stormtroopers, especially as the 2015 was pretty impressive.

I said this in the 2020 thread but I’ll echo it here for the sake of discussion. Downsized sets like this x wing and TIE have been something I’ve been asking for for as long as I can remember, I’m beyond excited to see how the new sets turn out. LEGO have proved to us that they can effectively do ships at smaller scales (see the Slave I from cloud city and the TIE in the Death Stars/Vader’s castle) so I hope this is the new norm. X-Wings and TIEs have no business being $100 sets, the fact every single x wing has been $130+ since 2012 is atrocious. 

I probably won’t buy any of the sets from this wave since I have older versions but it’s great that kids will FINALLY have affordable versions of these iconic ships. Now if only we could get the rest of the sets in the lineup at lower price points too. 

Vader, a Scout Trooper and a Royal Guard would then potentially link the Helmet collection to ROTJ.

Do we think the UCS will be the clone wars gunship ? Or at this price do we think it’ll be something else? 

3 hours ago, wesker said:

The X-Wing is said to be roughly the same size just with less detail on the wings and tail section along with a new construction for the nose. The piece count its 474 which falls between the 2006 release (414 pieces) and the 2012 version (544 pieces). I imagine it will look closer to those earlier releases just with more modern parts and hopefully better proportions.

The TIE Fighter is supposed to have a cockpit almost as big as before but the wings will be shrunk down. Hopefully it won't be an issue as the original blue TIE Fighters were smaller than the ones we have today and still looked fine proportionally. Piece count is 432 which is lower than the Solo TIE Fighter (501 pieces) but more than the 2012 release (397 pieces).

The new Imperial Shuttle will have 589 parts which is much less than the 2015 version (917) but still more than double the original (219). The original set looked great for its time and nobody had a problem with the scale back then so with today's newer pieces and building techniques I think they can definitely do it justice at the lower price range.

Just to compare the different versions:

Reveal hidden contents

X-Wing

6212-1.png

9493-1.png75218-1.png

TIE Fighter

7263-1.png

9492-1.png

75211-1.png

Imperial Shuttle

7166-1.png75094-1.png

"If what you say is true, then you will have gained my trust."

Honestly, that sounds like a great idea. The figure selection still worries me, but a decent TIE and X-Wing for such reasonable prices will make up for the seemingly lackluster wave. Imperial Shuttle will only interest me if they include Biker Scouts or Rebel Commandos.

The TIE Fighter sounds like it'll look close to the Rebels design (with an over-sized cockpit and stubby wings), so it'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I for one hope the nose on the X-Wing has the "slip-on" detail (the nose cover looks sorta like a shoe), so if they get that right at least, I think I'm on board. Holding my breath, of course, but I'm a bit more hopeful.