Looking at the preliminary pics I must say that the sets look ok in an early blurry way.

Although it looks a little crude the rally car is probably going to be the one I am most looking forward to because of the theme, wheels and hopefully good suspension.

The fire truck jeep looks like a plus one to the 42068 set or a possible c-model. But the styling looks good.

Catamaran and ferry seem interesting but due to the fact that Lego does not swim they are probably going to be a little short on playability.

I have almost all of the pull-backs but these two look dissapointing in the picture. I hope they look better in the real life as those are always a good gift for my nephews.

As for the Mack it does not look like a big set with 42024 / 8052 tyres and probably similar size. Hopefully it will be packed with functions due to its truck and trailer design. Maybe something will be PF driven or upgradeable.

I was hoping (based on size) that fire jeep has tires from London bus, but they look to me wider :sadnew:

I was hoping (based on size) that fire jeep has tires from London bus, but they look to me wider :sadnew:

...it seems (on blurry image) that truck with hovercraft has  orange short curved panels like on Porsche and it looks like red wheel rechnic racing small (43.2 x 26) at the sides of hovercraft deck...

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...it seems (on blurry image) that truck with hovercraft has  orange short curved panels like on Porsche 

The two pullbacks have them in black as well, 1 on the red and 2 on the lime as rear spoiler. Those pullbacks are always good parts pack for (smaller) panels.

And finally blue panels on rallycar, 2x nr 13 and 2x nr 14 are actually new in blue (given it is "normal" blue...)

Just now, Rudivdk said:

The two pullbacks have them in black as well, 1 on the red and 2 on the lime as rear spoiler. Those pullbacks are always good parts pack for (smaller) panels

And for other parts, usually when building mocs there are olways few parts missing and to buy a pullback is fastest and cheapest solition to gain those parts...

20 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I'm waiting for them as well, however the color of the rims of this "Fire SUV" is DBG (the same as notorious 5x7 side panels) if you noticed, that is a new color for this part and looks very promising for trucks.

13 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I'm waiting for them as well, however the color of the rims of this "Fire SUV" is DBG (the same as notorious 5x7 side panels) if you noticed, that is a new color for this part and looks very promising for trucks.

Yes you are absolutrly right. The thing what I'm waiting are smaller tractor tires, so I'm anxious about them...

The newer leaked pic with the hovercraft and rally car, I like them all if I'm honest. Problem is, many are expecting MOC type boxed sets, but as mentioned, TLG just cannot do this. They have budgets , deadlines and restrictions when designing these sets.

They are afterall still toys aimed at 10 - 14 year olds, the bigger sets towards age 16, and then they have to make them reasonable affordable.

2016 was one of the best years for Lego, even this year has been a few notable sets. So we'll see just how good these sets are.

I do know that Lego technic sets do generally tend to look much better once built and you start to play with them, or in my case my daughter plays with them.

The container truck I recently built from the 40th anniversary has in fact provided my daughter hours of fun , whereas the bucket wheel she hardly likes to play with. £50 container truck provided more playable fun then a rrp £230 bucket wheel.

Figures. Cause the bucket wheel was amazing value when it hit £140 ish, and was fantastic to build. But it is large and my daughter doesn't find it fun at all.

My point is, Lego needs to be both fun and engaging for not just afol, but also kids.

But I also understand technic builders enjoy all the gears, technical aspects. It must be hard for TLG to make affordable, engaging, playable, technical sets,  so I don't envy their tasks.

Edited by iv-tecman

The Mack looks promising!

For what I can tell from the image (roof and front overhang) the cab looks like a Pinnacle Sleeper Axle-Back: l-class8-mack-pinnacle-1.jpg

Now for the B-model, it will probably be a Mack shortnose truck (for variety), but, considering the famous Mack B-Model... Could they release a classic truck as the alternative? It certainly is "another iconic vehicle builders will love".86c71525b26548049afec01b7c74d559.jpg

Edited by Kaanere

I love the fact that a few photo's can produce almost 'Star Wars' forum levels of speculation, reasoned discussion. :laugh:

Just now, LucyCol said:

I love the fact that a few photo's can produce almost 'Star Wars' forum levels of speculation, reasoned discussion. :laugh:

Everyone loves to have a good old chat. Lol..... Hobbies. Folks get very passionate.

Sariel will be like, "the B model of the Mack Truck is called, wait for it ... Mack Truck B-model! How original! *insert sarcasm short clip from movie".

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I think that TLG is turning to dark azure as their preferred color blue. Not based on any information, just a feeling I have. Dark azure works well with a lot of different colors.  So the previous light blues will not be used often anymore.

I think I'd just prefer that they stick to one blue, whichever shade that happens to be.  Right now we have parts spread over 4 shades of blue with limited selection for each.  Imagine if they only chose one or two instead.  Many more models could be built in blue.  

Just now, teos said:

I think I'd just prefer that they stick to one blue, whichever shade that happens to be.  Right now we have parts spread over 4 shades of blue with limited selection for each.  Imagine if they only chose one or two instead.  Many more models could be built in blue.  

What I'm saying is that I think that TLG will be sticking to one blue....dark azure. It only took a while for them to choose the right one.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I think that TLG is turning to dark azure as their preferred color blue. Not based on any information, just a feeling I have. Dark azure works well with a lot of different colors.  So the previous light blues will not be used often anymore.

I think you are right, and I agree: Dark azure goes well with a lot of colors/combinations. Besides 42070, Lego Boost (17101) is IMO an excellent example. It also seem to me to be more gender neutral than some other blue colors. I mean, it can easily be used in both Friends and City sets, for example.

this is the only acceptable blue, it was the best (and only) in 70s and 80s, it is still the best (sadly not the only one) now. case closed, you are welcome. :sweet:

6804-1.jpg

Edited by J_C

Hmm. I am disappointed with the early pic of rally car. I am sure it will be covered in stickers for the final release.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

What I'm saying is that I think that TLG will be sticking to one blue....dark azure. It only took a while for them to choose the right one.

Probably true, dark azure actually looks good in most cases, but I am pretty sure they will keep the regular blue as well. 

3 hours ago, iv-tecman said:

The newer leaked pic with the hovercraft and rally car, I like them all if I'm honest. Problem is, many are expecting MOC type boxed sets, but as mentioned, TLG just cannot do this. They have budgets , deadlines and restrictions when designing these sets.

They are afterall still toys aimed at 10 - 14 year olds, the bigger sets towards age 16, and then they have to make them reasonable affordable.

2016 was one of the best years for Lego, even this year has been a few notable sets. So we'll see just how good these sets are.

I do know that Lego technic sets do generally tend to look much better once built and you start to play with them, or in my case my daughter plays with them.

The container truck I recently built from the 40th anniversary has in fact provided my daughter hours of fun , whereas the bucket wheel she hardly likes to play with. £50 container truck provided more playable fun then a rrp £230 bucket wheel.

Figures. Cause the bucket wheel was amazing value when it hit £140 ish, and was fantastic to build. But it is large and my daughter doesn't find it fun at all.

My point is, Lego needs to be both fun and engaging for not just afol, but also kids.

But I also understand technic builders enjoy all the gears, technical aspects. It must be hard for TLG to make affordable, engaging, playable, technical sets,  so I don't envy their tasks.

Very well put.  It's frustrating when some can't see this.  I have said it before as pertaining to flagships:

There are inherent problems in judging something meant for 16 year olds by full grown adults. Many of whom carry advanced degrees and training in design, engineering, mechanics, etc. 

Think of how much more this applies to sets designed at 7-12 year Olds! *huh*

Forgive me, but this site is targeted at adults.  I'm not understanding why there is so much chatter about the faults of kids sets.  Even if they are technic.  For some seven year olds TWO functions may just be enough.

LEGOs job is to sell sets.  As many as possible.  And before anyone jumps to the "capitalist" complaints let me remind everyone that more sets sold means more pieces.  Billions and billions of them for which we should all be entirely grateful.  We would not have the hobby we do today, at least not like we now know it, if TLG did not worry about its bottom line.  Remember, it was only about 15 years ago that TLG was really struggling.  Really struggling.  They are NOT immune to market forces. If catering to the needs of the general public (and substandard sets for a very select group of AFOLs) means flooding BL with new pieces in different colors.....sign me up....

6 hours ago, Seasider said:

Haven't seen the pics, any clues as to where to look or have they gone?

I have the second reveal pics saved. PM me.

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

(I may have :tongue:)

(I might also have them) ^^^^

17 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Forgive me, but this site is targeted at adults.  I'm not understanding why there is so much chatter about the faults of kids sets.  Even if they are technic.  For some seven year olds TWO functions may just be enough.

Fully agreed, since "only two functions" usually includes a steering feature even in case of the smallest models, that doesn't appears in LEGO City sets at all (I saw some comparisons with them earlier).

2 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

It's nice to finally get the 11x5 panel in dark bluish gray with the dozer

I'm pretty sure that it's LBG, but it could just be the picture.