38968102132_93006cb0ff_z.jpg

Edited by Milan
Added new info

Mack licenced truck -> cool

8258 scale tractor -trailer combination -> very cool

Side loading container trailer -> off the scale cool

For those who are not familiar with this type of trailer, on of those:

ch603_sideload_container_lg.jpg

This is probably heresy here, but I find American trucks rather boring ... Also because we have already had some great sets: 8285 and 5571. The trailer looks interesting ...

To complete the list so far:

42073: Red pull back racer, looks like a cross between a hotrod and a offroad vehicle. There's a new function: When the racer crashes, some parts fly off.

42072: Lime green pull back racer, also with "crash" function

42071: Small blue and orange compactor, hinged in the middle Similar to this:

1280px-Caterpillar_825G_Soil_Compactor.j

72084? (number not very legible): Small red an LBG hook loader truck, similar as we have seen before, but proportions are a bit more realistic and the container is made with panels: 8065?$main$

42078: Mack truck tractor trailer combination, trailer is a side loading container trailer, as shown in my previous post ( @dokludi has made one a while ago: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=516414). However, no sign of PF or RC in my opinion. The description says "Alternate model is another iconic MACK vehicle"

Note that the truck is only shown as a blacked out silhouette, so no info about colours or parts used.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

ooh a possible mack truck. Reminds me when they released back in 1992 I think Lego Model Team trucks. Wish I'd still got my Lego Model Team trucks. They were fairly decent models back then.

That Mack looks awesome! Can't wait to see it for real. :wub:

The rest of the sets look a bit crap. The Compactor looks novel, but I think it could have been done better. A Pedersen job, by the looks of things. The hooklifter - again, novel as we haven't seen much of those, but it looks gappy and half-baked. The two pullbacks have the same function as two of the early Drome Racers sets, the Slammer Raptor and Power Crusher, so it's all been done before, really.

But Mack truck! Mack truck! :sweet:

Finaly some useful information about 2018 sets. Thank you @Jim for starting coreect topic and not some bla-bla-bla miningless discussion. Nice trailer on Mack (or could it be Mercedes Zetros???) btw

Edited by I_Igor

the bulldozer model looks terrible, but the truck looks interesting.  But then until you get to see these models for real , images don't always do lego kits justice. 

The extreme adventure or bucket wheel don't look anywhere near as impressive via box art, and the container yard model from the 40th anniversary sets didn't look much either. But once built and on display, the look amazing. 

All those small sets look so bad ): why can't TLC make small sets that look nice? So hyped for that Mack truck though!

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

... The rest of the sets look a bit crap...

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

... The 4 revealed sets all look pretty bad ...

1 hour ago, iv-tecman said:

... the bulldozer model looks terrible...

5 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

All those small sets look so bad ): why can't TLC make small sets that look nice? ...

I think you are too harsh. TLG does make an effort to make interesting entry level Technic sets. The dozer/compactor looks like a tough unusual vehicle in interesting colours, so I imagine it will be very appealing to newcomers to the world of Technic. The mini hooklift truck looks pretty ok as well, if you look at its predecessor. The pullback racers are not my thing, but they are staple sets in each Technic line-up, so I imagine they sell well.  Besides, I expect that there might be mid-level sets yet to be revealed.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

4 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

@dokludi However, no sign of PF or RC in my opinion. The description says "Alternate model is another iconic MACK vehicle"

Note that the truck is only shown as a blacked out silhouette, so no info about colours or parts used.

It says above, " control a brand new lego technic Mack truck and rule the road.

5 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

I think you are too harsh. TLG does make an effort to make interesting entry level Technic sets. The dozer/compactor looks like a tough unusual vehicle in interesting colours, so I imagine it will be very appealing to newcomers to the world of Technic. The mini hooklift truck looks pretty ok as well, if you look at its predecessor. The pullback racers are not my thing, but they are staple sets in each Technic line-up, so I imagine they sell well.  Besides, I expect that there might be mid-level sets yet to be revealed.

To be fair, I did say until you see them in real life it is hard to pass judgement. And I do agree, TLG have to appeal to both advanced and new technic builders and we are talking about a toy here, the more advanced bigger sets appeal to adults more, the smaller sets are more for kids with pocket money, odd job earnings etc...

I didn't mean to be so harsh, I suspect all the 2018 sets will be just as good as the 2017 sets, which I only have 3 more to collect to have them all. I need to find another hobby this one is getting expensive lol

4 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

It says above, " control a brand new lego technic Mack truck and rule the road.

Yes, but not "remote control", you could argue that even manual control is also covered by this sentence. I got the impression that the text in the screenshot is very ... lets say marketing minded.

Ok. Hmm. The compactor would have been better in, say, all blue rather than with that clashing orange front; despite the model being quite nice, it looks a bit to toy-ish, even for an entry-level set.
he Mack truck on the other hand should be good as it has both a licence and an unusual trailer. People who don't like the cab can have a fun time building a cab-over style truck instead (c-model time!), and those who do like it can build different trailers for (hopefully) a good-looking truck.

Oh, and the Claas tractor returns, as a city set this time!

Edited by ColletArrow

I'm not that familiar with US trucks, so I did some research to get an idea what other "iconic" MACK truck could be the B-model. Personally, I know the name MACK from the COE (cab over engine) tractor trailer trucks, but they are no longer in production it seems. Maybe an American refuse truck based on the LR chassis?

23550648554_4392baf7fd_b.jpg

Funny note: there was a real life MACK actually called the B-model.

By the way, the outriggers on the trailer look suspiciously similar as those on the 42070.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Pullback racers look pretty bad and have lots of random LBG parts. I know it's part of the function, but I hope Lego will do better when they are officially released. They remind me of the old
Racers pullbacks. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Racers/year-2007

Hook loader truck: looks good and seems very clean, without lots of colors.

Compactor looks good, but the tires seem kind of weird.

Mack Truck: That looks very cool, now I'm excited.

The hook loader seems to be a nice small set. The only thing IMO good about the compactor (blue thing) is that it completes the set of blue sprockets.