Sariel

Another YouTuber stealing your Technic videos

17 minutes ago, 9v system said:

im not sure if I call this "stealing" because they are translating it into another language

If someone just wanted to translate , they could add subtitles in their language to the original video.

Edited by Xewyz2001

1 hour ago, Xewyz2001 said:

If someone just wanted to translate , they could add subtitles in their language to the original video.

hmm then I guess it is as matter of stealing then 

5 hours ago, 9v system said:

im not sure if I call this "stealing" because they are translating it into another language

3 hours ago, 9v system said:

Hi, please use proper capitalization and punctuation when posting. Thanks!

On 24-6-2017 at 0:50 PM, Erik Leppen said:

Why are people here giving those copycats free links to their videos, with their ads so they earn more money? Isn't that exactly what they want?

Why not link to the original, giving that extra views, and put the link to the tcopy in a spoiler so the author can use it to report the copycat?

Good thinking, supported!

Another thief spotted.

All of his videos are stolen from Australian Lego fan

channel link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWTuOYAjLECawBgl5WbBXQ

Yeah.. I'm getting real sick of that, I've NOW had to f**k on making a reply here from what I was doing because of this idiot thief.

edit: I finally worked out how to add spoiler tags but just posted the channel link.

I have not reported it in case people want to check it. I'm done here.

Edited by SNIPE

11 hours ago, Milan said:

Hi, please use proper capitalization and punctuation when posting. Thanks!

Sorry, I was in a rush to type these comments.

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Australian

Austrian*

It's a little sad though as on his more recent 'content' he has been getting 0 views. Though, we must remember, all he does is download the video and he should be taken down.

On 1/8/2017 at 0:10 PM, 9v system said:

Just to add detail. Community subtitles is something the original content creator can turn enable at their discretion. It seems rather odd that there are so many reuploading channels on Youtube given how easily they are shut down and thus the effort is wasted for the reuploaders.

If you have the copyright of the instructions, they can not reproduce the instructions without your consent. 

I would flag the video and contact YouTube 

EDIT: although it looks like they are free on rebrickable, so what does it matter? 

Edited by aminnich

2 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Is this legal?

No, but 211 views isn't going to do anything for him.

Legal? Might be. Ethical? For sure not. Unfortunately those two don't walk hand in hand, and many people don't even understand the difference due to lack of social / educational background.

You can for sure comment / kindly ask him to add notes and credits to all of the builders - as he did for many of his videos but not for all.

Another theif spotted stealing several users videos:

He has stole content from brick builder, austrian lego fan, sariel, etc

Funny how Ive spotted 3 theifs yet youtubes stupid bots can't spot ANYTHING and they think that's a superiour strategy. I know we should not have to mass report videos before youtube gives a crap but it's all we can do..

So please report this channel and in the meantime, happy building!.

Just now, SNIPE said:

mass report videos before youtube gives a crap but it's all we can do..

I doubt that'll do anything either :hmpf_bad: YouTube is way behind on any sort of theft prevention unless the material is owned by a giant corporation.

Another three copycats found when I was trying to find new 2018 lego technic videos:

I'm closing my accounts if youtube dont start using real moderation.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ1v2xW38yl72yaPdYm9EhA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyXhuuFluNTmJBV5tNoYX5Q

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYim-1RCIxx1uflq1PKYHhw

Edited by SNIPE

It's not exactly the same situation, but I found a lot of popular videos re-uploaded from Youtube to Facebook on Oldlego.com's fb page. There are videos from @Sariel, @nico71, @Samolot, @Jeroen Ottens and others as well. I don't think it is a fair practice to use these videos this way to promote their business (unless they got permission from all creators), they could easily link the YouTube videos on their Fb page if they only wanted to share the creations with their followers. 

On 1/1/2018 at 9:21 PM, SNIPE said:

Thankfully, all 3 have been terminated.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic
Double posted

On 29/08/2016 at 8:14 PM, TheMindGarage said:

Sheesh. 18 subscribers from all that copied stuff. Even my highly unprofessional channel has 33 subs off far fewer videos. Why bother?

These people are a blight to Youtube and I hope this channel gets deleted. Not acceptable at all.

There is a lot of « Top 10 », « Best thing ever » or « MOST SHOCKING FOOTAGE OF A MAN EATING A COOKIE » channel that uses only parts of videoand link the original video in the description (the annotations are no longer available). In my opinion this is a good way for discovering builder or other. It’s almost a good thing.

I sent a message to OldLego.com on Facebook.  This is now the conversation went:

• Me: Hi. You have some really nice Technic models in your videos!  Did you design all of these models yourself?
  • OldLego.com: Hi Stephan, of course no...If you take a look at the descriptions in all the videos posted, every designer and builder is clearly mentioned.
    All the best
  • Me: Oh, ok. I didn't read the descriptions.  So all those designers gave you permission to upload their videos to Facebook?
  • OldLego.com: Are you one of them?
  • Me: No.

My next question would have been to ask if they know what 'copyright' is...  but he/she blocked me from messaging them on Facebook anymore!  This suggests to me that they know that they are doing something wrong/illegal.

It doesn't look like they have stolen any of my photos or videos yet, so there isn't much that I can do.  Only the people's work that has been copied without permission can do anything about it.

25 minutes ago, Splat said:

doesn't look like they have stolen any of my photos or videos yet, so there isn't much that I can do.  Only the people's work that has been copied without permission can do anything about it.

The world in a nutshell!

7 hours ago, Splat said:

It doesn't look like they have stolen any of my photos or videos yet, so there isn't much that I can do.  Only the people's work that has been copied without permission can do anything about it.

Yep, since my content is not there I cannot report it to Facebook. I also commented on one of the shared videos asking them about this practice, my comment was deleted without an answer soon after...