MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Interesting. Sir von lego was the AT RT cancelled because of stability issues or something to that effect? That's the only problem I initially thought when seeing the prelims...

Edited by joebiwankenobi

The most innovative and exciting set of the year, from a fantastic subtheme and source material no less, has been cancelled. Yay

Edited by JekPorkchops

Too bad, but at least we get something else to make up for that :thumbup: I find it very interesting though that they came up with a replacement set this quickly - usually the whole design and production process lasts a full year :laugh: 

I never liked the construction figs, so if they cancel the whole line and replaced them with normal sets instead, I be very happy

Interesting hearing from SVL regarding the constraction figures being cancelled. I'd heard that rumour too but the mention of them being cancelled seemed to be shut down quite quickly.

8 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Both of these sets (Clone Trooper with AT-RT and Super Battle Droid) won’t see the light of a day: cancelled.

We will get another set as compensation, not a constraction one.

That's too bad, I actually wanted to get those constraction figures.

hopefully the replacement will be clone wars based as well

10 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

The most innovative and exciting set of the year, from a fantastic subtheme and source material no less, has been cancelled. Yay

Indeed, all the rest is mostly rehatch.

To bad some people can't evolve beyond their limitations.

I wasn't a fan of the constraction figures as I just didn't like the aesthetic. I didn't like how they looked when built. The best one of all of them was K2SO for me but I think that was because the whole build lent itself so well to a droid and the proportions seems to work really well.

Whether this is a direct result of me preferring proportionality in things such as Hot Toys and Sideshow figures I'm not sure, but the more human figures, even troopers, weren't something I liked the look of.

This is just a personal opinion so I certainly won't say the line was bad. I'm sure lots of other people enjoyed them and for those people it's a shame they might be ending. Let's see how Brickheadz go. There'll be lots of people who don't like those but ultimately it'll be down to sales figures whether any of them stay. If they sell well then they'll stick around. If they don't then they'll go.

Edited by Robianco

The super battle droid being canceled is super disappointing. That one I was looking forward to!

13 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Both of these sets (Clone Trooper with AT-RT and Super Battle Droid) won’t see the light of a day: cancelled.

A regular system set? Or something else?

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A regular system set? Or something else?

Maybe they make it meta to add insult to the injury and it's a regular battlepack with the walker and the sb droids

6 minutes ago, GK733 said:

Maybe they make it meta to add insult to the injury and it's a regular battlepack with the walker and the sb droids

I don't think anyone on earth would complain for getting a 501 battlepack though :laugh:

Han's speeder is really nice, and the TIE is an obvious buy. Regardless of what I think of the film, I will get the speeder and battlepack.

Tie Fighter, battle pack and Han Solo's Landspeeder all most buys for me. I really like the Kessel Run MF and the figures, but not sure I have the space for it. 

14 minutes ago, x105Black said:

The Stormtroopers in the Imperial Patrol Battle Pack should have had dual molded legs.

at least the helmet is ...

No offense but I call BS on the cancellation rumors of the AT-RT and Super Battledroid figures until we get some sort of proof considering we've already seen the prelims. Them being replaced by a single, additional system set we are just now hearing about also sounds HIGHLY suspect. Sir Von has been reliable and I am in now way trying to disrespect him or his reputation but I think people are a little too quick bury the constraction theme when the body is still warm(it feels like we get these kind of rumors every year). I have no doubt we will continue to get conflicting "confirmations" for the next several months or until we get hi-res images of the summer wave.

Edited by ToaDraco

I hope this doesn’t mean constraction as a Star Wars subtheme isn’t getting canned :sceptic:

Was really looking forward to the AT-RT 

Edited by Bartybum

19 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

No offense but I call BS on the cancellation rumors of the AT-RT and Super Battledroid figures until we get some sort of proof considering we've already seen the prelims. Them being replaced by a single, additional system set we are just now hearing about also sounds HIGHLY suspect. Sir Von has been reliable and I am in now way trying to disrespect him or his reputation but I think people are a little too quick bury the constraction theme when the body is still warm(it feels like we get these kind of rumors every year). I have no doubt we will continue to get conflicting "confirmations" for the next several months or until we get hi-res images of the summer wave.

Nope. The two figures are 100% canceled.

19 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

This is correct; I was mistaken, and I'll be glad to admit that.

13 hours ago, Robianco said:

Interesting hearing from SVL regarding the constraction figures being cancelled. I'd heard that rumour too but the mention of them being cancelled seemed to be shut down quite quickly.

Sure, but it's important to keep in mind that the original "source" was an anonymous guy on a Russian social network who edited his post to say that he was mistaken within a few hours. 

14 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I never liked the construction figs, so if they cancel the whole line and replaced them with normal sets instead, I be very happy

Well, I can understand that; however, it's pretty clear that many people did like them; especially these two.

Well, the moulds lego used for the ... Constraction figures (still hate that sub-brand name) can now be used for other Star Wars or other themed sets. I liked some of them such as Boba Fett and the Speeder Bike but not enough to purchase them. Too bad for those that did collect them, but I'm more curious what will come in their wake.

1 hour ago, Brickweiser said:

Constraction figures (still hate that sub-brand name)

Me too. It's so juvenile.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Nope. The Sure, but it's important to keep in mind that the original "source" was an anonymous guy on a Russian social network who edited his post to say that he was mistaken within a few hours. 

I don’t read much of the Reddit and other social media forums for this type of reason. Lots of noise...

That wasn’t where I heard it.