24272159314_0a1ef19198.jpg

"I speek liddle Eelanda. You speek me."

"Well I'm relieved to find someone with a civilized tongue in his head! Listen man, that guy - Leon - he's in debt and needs to be hung by his toes from a palm tree."

"Us give Lin tree?"

"No! Don't give him a tree! Hang him on a tree! You know, hang!"

"Haang? Me no know haang."

"Yes, you do - rope, toes, up in tree - you get it!"

"Wee cut off toes and put dem in tree wid rope?"

"No! Just put rope around the toes and hang the rope from the tree!"

"Oh - like dis?" The islander made a few elaborate moves that suggested that he had understood. "And we leave - until die?"

"Do whatever you please!"

The islander turned to the chief and spoke a few quick words in his native tongue. The chief responded, and the islander interpreted, "But how for?"

"What for? Because he went in debt, of course!"

"Debet?"

"Debt - you know, when you owe someone money."

"Oh? Munay?"

"Oh forget it!"

"Forget oh? But munay?"

"No! Just - who cares why?"

"Wat dat you say?"

"It doesn't matter!"

"But how for we put rope on toes - tree?"

"For whatever reason you please!"

"It will please de gods?"

"It will please me! Listen, man, Leon is in debt and I've promised to hang him by his toes from a palm tree. If you don't understand that, it's just too bad. Take the blue beads and hang the guy!"

The islander shrugged. He turned to the king and said, "It will please the gods."

The king stroked his beard.

24604793980_bda92be289.jpg

"And the Eelanda will give us blue beads."

"We will do it."

The islander turned a happy face to Guy's Uncle. "Wee do it."

"Very good!"

---

"Let me go!"

24275665273_01f8147e51.jpg

"What are you doing? Eslandola will make you rue the day you laid a hand on me! - Where are you taking me?"

"Wee do a ting wid you - it please de gods."

"What?!? Are you - going to - sacrifice me?!"

"Wee taak you - put you in tree. Bah! You see - minnut."

24274401314_a8169d36cb.jpg

"Get me down from here! You have no right to hang an Eslandian citizen!" Leon kicked and wriggled, and soon found that the primitive rope wasn't very strong.

"Cooom back!" roared the translator as Leon dashed away.

24873941536_8f93aa963b.jpg

An overview shot:

24273374833_ce1328b2bd.jpg

And a bonus picture of the palm tree!

24273401443_51c7f5d1af.jpg

This is my third free-build so far this month.

Titus went 3 DBs in the red in January I believe, and I wasn't going to let the opportunity slip! :pir-grin:

Comments are welcome!

Hmm. Do you have a thing for unsuccessful hangings? :laugh:

Neat little build again. The tan sand should please the ones who didn't appreciate white :grin: and the white border really stands out. The tree and minifigs are nice.

Edit: This is sufficiently different from the other scene and nicely done, so I approve. :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Dee

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gif Very nice build and very funny story Kai, good to see that going it debt is strictly dealt with in Eslandola! default_rofl.gif Excellent work with those palm trees as well, and I for one really like the king's hairdo! pirate_laugh_new.gif Good job with the sand and border here too! thumbup.gif

Ha. Good one. You sure do like a good hanging. :thumbup:

pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Haha, this is so entertaining I almost want to go in the red myself...

pir_laugh2.gif We may be able to find another excuse to hang people. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice trees!

Thanks!

Hmm. Do you have a thing for unsuccessful hangings? :laugh:

Neat little build again. The tan sand should please the ones who didn't appreciate white :grin: and the white border really stands out. The tree and minifigs are nice.

As for approvals - I'm not sure. It's so much like the other scene... There's nothing wrong with it per se but for some reason I'd like a little more. I'll wait for some other opinions to pass final judgement. :classic:

Thank you! Well, it would be kind of mean to actually hang the person, just for going 3 DBs over. pirate_laugh2.gif

Of course it's your choice whether to approve or not, but I do think it's a bit different from the other scene, a totally different type of palm tree, very different minifigures, slightly different border style, and different sand style

(besides being a great deal smaller with no water). But that's your call! pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice! You need a new title... debtor punisher... pir_laugh2.gif

pirate_laugh2.gif Cross me and you'll be hung by your toes from a palm tree!

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gif Very nice build and very funny story Kai, good to see that going it debt is strictly dealt with in Eslandola! default_rofl.gif Excellent work with those palm trees as well, and I for one really like the king's hairdo! pirate_laugh_new.gif Good job with the sand and border here too! thumbup.gif

Thanks Garmadon! At least I found something for Guy's Uncle to do. pirate_look.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice build!

Thank you!

My gosh, no overdraft protection on the Brick Seas and no mercy from overzealous bankers either pir_laugh2.gif. I'll be sure to keep my accounts in order. Either that or a purse filled with blue beads.

The build is well done. The overview shows just the amount of detail that went into the sand, and the trees look fine. Though, it does remind me more of Egypt than the Caribbean (mostly due to the minifigs).

Now, where did that uncle come from? You refer to him here (and in the other build) as if I should know him, but I don't seem to remember. pirate_tong.gif

I agree with Captain Dee that this build is conceptually very close to the other. However, as you used different techniques for basically everything (new characters, native twist on the story, sand and palms), I don't see any problem with it. pirate_blush.gif

I think the palm trees are very nice, and I like the dialogue with the broken english of the Islanders. pirate_laugh2.gif

Further, it is nice to see some justice for those not keeping track of their accounts! pirate_wink.gif

Maybe someone (Scarst's bank, for instance) should offer credit lines (with a cost, obviously) to those who cannot handle their economy! pirate_wink.gif

Edit: I approve!

Edited by Bregir

My gosh, no overdraft protection on the Brick Seas and no mercy from overzealous bankers either pir_laugh2.gif. I'll be sure to keep my accounts in order. Either that or a purse filled with blue beads.

The build is well done. The overview shows just the amount of detail that went into the sand, and the trees look fine. Though, it does remind me more of Egypt than the Caribbean (mostly due to the minifigs).

pirate_laugh2.gif You're right, the figs are a bit Egyptian... I actually had trouble getting enough figs that looked similar enough that they could have been from the same tribe!

Haha! :rofl::laugh: great build, I like the trees!

Thanks Titus!

Hehe, brilliant story!

The beach and trees look very good.

The pictures are excellent :thumbup:

Thank you!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT UNCLE?!?!?!?!?

P.S: I love the islander minifig!

pirate_laugh_new.gif

Yep, finally got to put that Chima eagle piece to good use!

Thanks!

Hahaha funny way to punish Titus :D

pir_laugh2.gif

Fine strange stuff ! Let's do more of that! pirate_laugh_new.gif

I'm ready - who next? pirate_laugh2.gif

Now, where did that uncle come from? You refer to him here (and in the other build) as if I should know him, but I don't seem to remember. pirate_tong.gif

I agree with Captain Dee that this build is conceptually very close to the other. However, as you used different techniques for basically everything (new characters, native twist on the story, sand and palms), I don't see any problem with it. pirate_blush.gif

I think the palm trees are very nice, and I like the dialogue with the broken english of the Islanders. pirate_laugh2.gif

Further, it is nice to see some justice for those not keeping track of their accounts! pirate_wink.gif

Maybe someone (Scarst's bank, for instance) should offer credit lines (with a cost, obviously) to those who cannot handle their economy! pirate_wink.gif

Edit: I approve!

He figures in the Eslandola lore as the one who actually does all the hard work behind the MCTC. I also threw him into one of my small residences.

Actually Corrington did grant lines of credit to those two, but the hanging penalty remains! pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks Bregir!

Another fun hanging... though I am glad for a 3db debt he escaped. I am intrigued with these natives different outfit and that beard. Nice usage of these minifigures.

thumbup.gif

Another fun hanging... though I am glad for a 3db debt he escaped. I am intrigued with these natives different outfit and that beard. Nice usage of these minifigures.

thumbup.gif

Don't worry, I wouldn't actually hang anybody all the way. pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks!

Nice scene and great use of the Chima headgear!

Approved!

Thank you! Finally found something to use it for! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very nice storytelling! I like the the creativity in providing such a different aproach to the 'locals'

Great work Kai. Keep it up. :pir-wub:

:thumbup: from Oleon.

And a bonus picture of the palm tree!

You mean banana tree? :grin:

Great story, made me laugh out loud. I think the Egyptian min figs work just fine; who knows how the diverse natives in New Terra will be dressed? Anyway, calling natives 'yellow Egyptians' is no stupider than calling them 'red Indians!' Like with a couple of other builds I've seen, I like the cartoon strip style of storytelling over several photos. I will have to try this myself.

Very nice storytelling! I like the the creativity in providing such a different aproach to the 'locals'

Thank you!

I approve. thumbup.gif

Thanks Brickwolf!

Great work Kai. Keep it up. :pir-wub:

:thumbup: from Oleon.

You mean banana tree? :grin:

Oh yeah. Banana trees, palm trees... they look the same, so who cares? pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks!

Great story, made me laugh out loud. I think the Egyptian min figs work just fine; who knows how the diverse natives in New Terra will be dressed? Anyway, calling natives 'yellow Egyptians' is no stupider than calling them 'red Indians!' Like with a couple of other builds I've seen, I like the cartoon strip style of storytelling over several photos. I will have to try this myself.

Thank you!