Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Blitzard 2.0: Elken Watchtower

The stonework technique is made using half stud offsets, see a tutorial here. Check out more info on the Blitzard 2.0

The Elken tribe has been building strong stone watchtowers to fortify their lands against their polar bear neighbors:

Front.jpg

Low.jpg

Elken-Warrior.jpg

See more pictures here: link

Thanks for looking :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Lovely MOC.

The snow on the baseplate is looking really good, but as already said that wall technique is looking even better.

The overall tower is gorgeous. Then their is the vegetation, the little path and the tree with snow.

This is looking really really beautiful.

I love it ! :wub:

Edited by KlodsBrik

The base looks amazing and the raised concept works really well. It's nice to see such a well designed and asymmetrical base. The brick technique on the tower is perfect and I'm interested in trying it.

Thank you for posting such an awesome build!

Wow! The wall details look amazing! Also the Elken tribe member looks amazing!

Thanks Alfadas :classic:

Lovely MOC.

The snow on the baseplate is looking really good, but as already said that wall technique is looking even better.

The overall tower is gorgeous. Then their is the vegetation, the little path and the tree with snow.

This is looking really really beautiful.

I love it ! :wub:

I'm really liking that design. Very clean and simple and very good looking. Great work!

Thank you, MN :classic:

The base looks amazing and the raised concept works really well. It's nice to see such a well designed and asymmetrical base. The brick technique on the tower is perfect and I'm interested in trying it.

Thank you for posting such an awesome build!

Thank you for commenting!

That's quite the tower! Terrific work.

Thanks Graham :classic:

This is very awesome! Great job.. very jalous.

Thanks!

The entire build is fantastic and I found the tutorial very insightful.

Thank you, glad the tutorial was helpful :classic:

I was wowed when I saw this. Excellent brick style, and very nice terrain. The Elken has some great parts usage too.

Such a clean execution, amazing tower!

Thank you :classic:

Beautiful tower SK.... grat job!

Thanks Gunman!

I was wowed when I saw this. Excellent brick style, and very nice terrain. The Elken has some great parts usage too.

Thanks Rogue, the Elk was the most difficult part of the MOC :laugh:

Amazing work :wub:

I really like all the techniques you used for the tower. Furthermore the Elken minifigure looks

fantastic, too :thumbup:

Your creation is unusual! Perhaps we can exchange building techniques because I like some of your ideas. The Elk with its horns is impressive. What set is it from?

Fantastic tower. I've long wondered if such a wall technique was being used (never tried it myself but I had visualized the concept) and now I have my answer. The snowscape and tree look great as usual and the elk is a nice design. Good work.

Amazing work :wub:

I really like all the techniques you used for the tower. Furthermore the Elken minifigure looks

fantastic, too :thumbup:

Thanks Balbo!

Your creation is unusual! Perhaps we can exchange building techniques because I like some of your ideas. The Elk with its horns is impressive. What set is it from?

Thank you, the elk isn't from any set, but was based off of this build by Siercon and Coral:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legocy/24123335476/in/pool-urtica/

Very clean build! Love those windows

The elk looks like a proper badass

Thanks Puvel, glad you liked the windows :classic:

If we only had more intersting modified bricks this would make this build even better.

Great work as it is though.

Thank you :classic:

Fantastic tower. I've long wondered if such a wall technique was being used (never tried it myself but I had visualized the concept) and now I have my answer. The snowscape and tree look great as usual and the elk is a nice design. Good work.

Thanks! I've had the thought for a while myself, rather surprised it isn't used mroe.

Another fantastic build from you :wub: That is a sexy stone technique! It just makes me a lil bit sad that if one wants to use this technique (which I definitely would) it disables the opportunity for any sort of interior.

The master of snow & towers has struck again!

:wink:

Thanks CB!

Another fantastic build from you :wub: That is a sexy stone technique! It just makes me a lil bit sad that if one wants to use this technique (which I definitely would) it disables the opportunity for any sort of interior.

Thank you, and it is actually possible to do interiors with this technique. For the battlement area, it is visible from both sides and is only 2 studs thick. Doing it that way however, is much more piece intensive and uses 1x1 or 1x2 plates in dark bley to offset the bley blocks :classic: