Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I dont want a car: I WANT A TANK! with drive, turret rotation, lifting barrel, and a $50 price tag :laugh::grin: not going to happen because Lego does not do weapons. :angry:

Yeah... except for blasters, laser guns, swords, sabres, crossbows, pistols, revolvers, submachine guns, rifles, slingshots...

If they don't want to make a gun tank, they could make a recovery tank, engineering tank or a bridgelayer. Buffel or Kodiak for example would be great:

Bergepanzer_Bueffel.jpg

Kodiak_Leopard_2_engineer_tracked_armoured_vehicle_Germany_German_army_008.jpg

Or Dachs:

Pionierpanzer_Dachs_(2008).jpg

Edited by Vodnik

I also don't get exited from a super car. I want heavy machinery or trucks. Cars are boring.

The B-model of the CLAAS could be a CLAAS Scorpion.

30c287979302486bab6f78fefa6a8e50.jpg

In fact, there is aslo the CLAAS Xerion, so this could be the first year with 3! licensed technic sets!!!! (CLAAS, Volvo, UipC)

Until now (excluding SW) there has been 3 licensed sets (Unimog, Volvo front loader and Arocs, so this could be the year where the number duplicates!

We need a lime telehandler. Claas or Merlo, I don't care - just give it to us! :wacko:

I dont want a car: I WANT A TANK! with drive, turret rotation, lifting barrel, and a $50 price tag :laugh::grin: not going to happen because Lego does not do weapons. :angry:

...nor does it make RC model for 50$... :wink:

I also don't get exited from a super car. I want heavy machinery or trucks. Cars are boring.

Same here! thats why the "ultimate supercar" needs to be spectacular, nothing less than fully rc with a 5+ speed gearbox, openable doors and hoods, changeable seats, - all controlled from the remote... i think thats what we least can demand from a car flagship, else it wouldnt be a flagship.

We said that a licensed set cost a lot of money because of the license. What if as a firm has to pay tlg for a licensed set. This could be possible. Probably tlg said to volvo we are going to make a front end loader. If you want it to be a volvo, pleae pay us money and we make it a volvo. This would explain why there are 3 licensed sets for 2016. They earn money of the selling of the lego and of the license. For us is it great because where getting great sets.

Maybe the Volvo, Claas and the IP Car are all flagships? Then 2017 and 2018 will have no flagships.

That's very improvable.

By definition, a flagship is the biggest boat of a fleet, and the biggest set in a wayve, so 3 flagships is impossible by definition.

And the lack of a proper flagship in 2 years would result in a lack of excitement in those years. That results in poor sells for the other sets.

And 2017 is the 40th aniversary of Technic, so no flagshis is a total dissapointing

So no, they won't have 3 FlSh.

And why I am the only one that wants small licensed sets?

And why I am the only one that wants small licensed sets?

Before this post I though I was the only one... Edited by LXF

And am I the only one for whom adding a licence does precisely nothing? (Or in fact, if a price increase is involved, makes a set worse!). I'm interested in the building experience, the mechanisms, the complexity, and the overall look of the thing - a badge doesn't add anything for me.

Before this post I though I was the only one...

I'm in on that. If they're just well designed and good sets, I don't mind them being small even if they're licensed.

And am I the only one for whom adding a licence does precisely nothing? (Or in fact, if a price increase is involved, makes a set worse!). I'm interested in the building experience, the mechanisms, the complexity, and the overall look of the thing - a badge doesn't add anything for me.

I think that for no one is important if the model is licensed or not... that's just discussion because I think a lot of people like real models not only virtual that not exist...

I personaly do not think that Lego pays something for licensing... I think that it is opposite... the vehicle makers are glad if their model comes out as Lego model because Lego is very well known all around the world... so it's promotion of their product...

With Lego play small kids and when they from early ages hear about Mercedes, Volvo etc. they build closer relationship to this makes and maybe it affects their decisions in adult age when they buy for example car... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

A licensed (or branded) set doesn't immediately mean increased costs. Especially not in the Technic theme.

But let's not derail this topic with licensed discussions (again).

I know we are all eager but let's stick to the (little) information at hand. If this means there's not much to discuss, so be it.

Sorry to add yet another supercar related post jim :) , but I would really like to see something different like that Volvo, or an Aston Martin etc. would be a refreshing change from the mega expensive hyper cars usually made from technic.

Wishlists are not rumours.

This thread would be better pre-moderated :sceptic:

/grumpy

Last time I checked the title of this thread was "Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation". We are speculating.

Last time I checked the title of this thread was "Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation". We are speculating.

That's true... so either should be Topic renamed or we are speculating "on topic"...

Aston Martin would not be bad... :P

Max...

I think to say "Aston Martin would not be bad" is not speculation. That is a wish. Speculation usually takes the form of "I think it could be ....... because ........". We have the name ultimate IP car. I speculated that it could be a licensed car because IP could stand for intellectual property. But then it might not stand for that, that was just speculation on my part.

Well, according to the rumors it's "Ultimate IP car" instead of ultimate IP supercar. I think that's pretty interesting because all traditional supercar type products from TLC have always been called supercar (8880, 8070 ). That's why I said I'd like to see something along the lines of that Volvo concept car posted a few pages back because I believe there's a good chance we'll see something different this time.

Edited by sm1995

I expect some art updates, because it's the same colour and things (except newer background) for approx. 15 years.

Well, according to the rumors it's "Ultimate IP car" instead of ultimate IP supercar. I think that's pretty interesting because all traditional supercar type products from TLC have always been called supercar (8880, 8070 ). That's why I said I'd like to see something along the lines of that Volvo concept car posted a few pages back because I believe there's a good chance we'll see something different this time.

Well when "super" is not enough, then there is "ultimate" badge its simple and striking for markething.

I wouldn't mind a technic "parts set" theme. One for cars, one for crawlers, one for airplanes, one for TANKS!, one for motorcycles, and an all in one :excited:

Edited by JJ2