I am pleased to announce my most challenging and rewarding build, the American supercar, the Hennessey  Venom GT.

Flickr photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHskNRp6jE

MOC-Pages: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/125898 

30961312621_1619033217_b.jpgIMG_1242 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This build has a V8 twin turbo engine, a motorized rear wing, working steering wheel, 6x lights and a 8 inch GPS built into the center console.

30961331641_de961a4f6a_b.jpgIMG_1089 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This car has quite a few new ideas and build styles that I will definitely be pursuing in the future.

30933129052_067a2e7dfe_b.jpgIMG_1257 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

When I got stuck designing the front of the car, Dugald designed one of the front wheel wells. [thanks Bro!]

31039715856_b678f9cc92_b.jpgIMG_1270 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This car took about 2 months and has the most detail I have ever put into a car. So grab a cup of coffee, get comfy and enjoy the video!

31039712306_78441f9bd4_b.jpgIMG_1274 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Twin turbo and interior ;)

30961320221_318a94e36f_b.jpgIMG_1210 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

My new car in the driveway. Wish it were real....

30961328791_1911cf8996_b.jpgIMG_1111 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I am a much bigger fan of the Hennessey after researching the car for this build. The curves on this beast were incredibly hard to replicate, and now I know why not many others have tried it before in Technic Lego...

31039745026_695a3fa179_b.jpgIMG_1252 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

These Porsche wheels spread the weight of the car over the width of the tire and support this car SO much better than the old tires. 

Twin turbo with 1451 horse power :thumbup:

31075509415_8815bfa8e0_b.jpgIMG_1183 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This supercar weighs 6.5 pounds or 2.95 kq, is 74 studs long X 19 tall x 29 in the front, 31 in the rear wide. 

31075507515_27f74ba152_b.jpgIMG_1198

31039757176_4a449158d9_b.jpgIMG_1192 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr 

31248440101_47eddfebd3_b.jpgFrameworx by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Amazing! You created one of my all time favorite cars. Never thought anyone would create it this .I'd like to see it with your fxx

Wow, you sure don't rest :-) Looks fantastic, I really like those mudguards and other curves made by 3L beams. What combo of flex axles did you use for the mudguards?

Some people say graffiti is not an art, but it is art anyway. Same for this car - some will say it´s not "clean", illegal techniques, stacked beams over flex axles or whatever. 

I say - it´s far away from perfectionism, but it´s spectacular and recognizable, you´re having a lot of fun and therefore I like it :thumbup:!

I really love the progress you (and your brother) made and are making. Your models become better each time significantly!

And the fact both of you can work so well together is something i can only envy.

Edited by Sylvian

So that is where all the red 3L axles went :wink:  - throw me into the "I like" camp of the method covering flex axles with liftarms.  This car perhaps uses this technique more than ony other model I have seen, and I think it looks great.  IMO, bag all the "legal versus illegal" mumbo jumbo in building.... as long as pieces are not modified then it is all good. 

Wonderful job on this one, looks beautiful.

I couldn´t have said it better. You are very fast... you're going to run out of cars to build soon :laugh: .

4 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

I say - it´s far away from perfectionism, but it´s spectacular and recognizable, you´re having a lot of fun and therefore I like it :thumbup:!

WOW!!  Amazing.  Or as my 15 year old son said about your FXX I just finished.... "Sickkkk".   You guys have really stepped up your game esthetically with the last two cars.

Hopefully someone makes instructions for this amazing looking car as well.  My only small criticism is the front wheel well looks like it is sticking out a tad too much.  Maybe 2L beams would look a bit better.

Love it!

I am definitely one of those guys who is not a fan of the macaroni necklace style building or liftarm stacking and shaping over flex axles, but I must say, you did a very nice job here. :classic:

G*% d*#& it!  I keep telling myself I am not going to build any more supercars because I have too many of them, and then you go and release something like this.  It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

This one may be your best work so far! It has the best shape and i kinda that controversial liftarm use :) Awesome front section!

One thing i dont like, and I must say it looks to me that it happens on most of your cars, is that wheelbase seems too small, and front and back sections overhangs a bit too much, compared to the picture of real Venom.

wp-p3side.jpg

On 11/18/2016 at 1:39 AM, Kmuffin said:

Amazing! You created one of my all time favorite cars. Never thought anyone would create it this .I'd like to see it with your fxx

Thanks kmuffin, I have grown very much more in love with the real car after building this. I am trying to get a photo of the FXX with this car :wink:

On 11/18/2016 at 1:50 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

Wow, you sure don't rest :-) Looks fantastic, I really like those mudguards and other curves made by 3L beams. What combo of flex axles did you use for the mudguards?

The combo for the flex axles is 2x 19 long axles with 14 3L beams running thru them. The true shape is created by the position on the #3 angled connectors.

On 11/18/2016 at 3:58 AM, brunojj1 said:

Some people say graffiti is not an art, but it is art anyway. Same for this car - some will say it´s not "clean", illegal techniques, stacked beams over flex axles or whatever. 

Hi Brunojj1, thanks. I feel I don't know what "clean" and not "clean" is in Lego because I am so new to this stuff. Thanks for the mention about the art, I found it fitting that this car fit in at my local skate park that inspires me so much!

On 11/18/2016 at 4:53 AM, Josephiah said:

Nicely done, but "American supercar"? It's clearly a tuned-up Lotus (from the UK) :wink:

Hahaha:laugh:  You clearly know this car better than me. 

On 11/18/2016 at 7:00 AM, Sylvian said:

I really love the progress you (and your brother) made and are making. Your models become better each time significantly!

And the fact both of you can work so well together is something i can only envy.

I am very grateful to bounce ideas off my brother who is super technical with real cars and can lend a mechanical hand to my issues. It truly does create much more of a car than I ever would have expected!

If you saw some early photos of the attempts I had you would be amazed that this was the final product.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:36 AM, technic_addict said:

WOW!!  Amazing.  Or as my 15 year old son said about your FXX I just finished.... "Sickkkk".   You guys have really stepped up your game esthetically with the last two cars.

Hopefully someone makes instructions for this amazing looking car as well.  My only small criticism is the front wheel well looks like it is sticking out a tad too much.  Maybe 2L beams would look a bit better.

Love it!

Thanks Technic addict!! I'm so glad you built our FXX. I agree with the front being a bit too long, but it was hard to keep short with the curves I was trying to produce.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:44 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! That is a nice car. I am seriously impressed with how fast you can make a model of this size. Will you make instructions?

Yes I will be doing instructions. Unfortunately, Doing the instructions could take over 15 - 20 hours...*huh*.

On 11/18/2016 at 2:31 PM, Blakbird said:

G*% d*#& it!  I keep telling myself I am not going to build any more supercars because I have too many of them, and then you go and release something like this.  It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

lol It would look good in your collection wouldn't it? You may need a different place to put it, maybe an "Elite Supercar" shelf? :laugh::wink: If you would like to create Ldraw instructions for this car that would be awesome!

On 11/18/2016 at 2:33 PM, Milan said:

This one may be your best work so far! It has the best shape and i kinda that controversial liftarm use :) Awesome front section!

One thing i dont like, and I must say it looks to me that it happens on most of your cars, is that wheelbase seems too small, and front and back sections overhangs a bit too much, compared to the picture of real Venom.

Hi Milan,

Yes I agree with the over hang. But according to the model, my wheel base between the wheels is to proper scale. The distance from the wheels to the front and back are 1-2 studs longer than the model.

31039771496_a867f2d1ea_b.jpgIMG_1075 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Thank you everyone for all the positive comments! Pushes me to create an even better, more accurate build next time. Thanks!

Edited by Lox Lego

This is just OMG!
Like the curves!

Never seen Lotus in lego before.

Great job!!

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

Yes I will be doing instructions. Unfortunately, Doing the instructions could take over 15 - 20 hours...*huh*.

lol It would look good in your collection wouldn't it? YOu may need a different place to put it, maybe an "Elite Supercar" shelf? :laugh::wink: If you would like to create LDD instructions for this car that would be awesome!

Let me know if you need help with the instructions.  I am quite serious that I would like to build this and add it to my collection.  I was just starting to collect parts for the FXX, but now that I see this I think I will build it instead.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

That would be great! I personally am not a fan of LDD when it comes to building with Technic, LDD seems to understand nothing about the order of how pieces are meant to be attached... Maybe Thorsten can help again with some professional pdf instructions :wink: 

LDraw + LPub does indeed make much better instructions than LDD.  If Thorsten is interested, that would be awesome!  He is really good at it.  If not, I might have some bandwidth to help.

Well I for one am very glad to see all the interest in this build.  I personally think lox out did himself on this one and as for the stacked beams that were used heavily,  I've found there's a time and a place for every style of build!  It may not be the most correct (or legal) way to build Lego but I do belive this is the only way to follow the crazy curves of that car. ;) 

Fantastic work on yet another car. Your skills exponentially increase with each car you do. On another note have you considered building manual supercars? 

2 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Let me know if you need help with the instructions.  I am quite serious that I would like to build this and add it to my collection.  I was just starting to collect parts for the FXX, but now that I see this I think I will build it instead.

LDraw + LPub does indeed make much better instructions than LDD.  If Thorsten is interested, that would be awesome!  He is really good at it.  If not, I might have some bandwidth to help.

Nice car we should continue :pir-sweet:

Another thing have to say is if you tweak the headlights it would look much more identical. For now it looks a bit like the new exige. Even though the Hennessy is basically a tuned exige.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:02 PM, Thorsten50 said:

Nice car we should continue :pir-sweet:

It has been a Pleasure working with you on the last car, can't wait to do it again.

30840631640_a4b2429c23_b.jpgUntitled by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego