Etzel

MOC: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I made this build for Swebrick's annual AFOL vs. AFOL contest which this year was about building a scene from an '80s movie of TV-series in which a vehicle was featured. The entries were anonymous during the voting that was done in knock-out stages leading up to a final which I actually won!

Here is the climax scene from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" from 1986 when Cameron's father's Ferrari crashes out of the big panorama windows:

15137322956_1b81b9f9b6_o.jpg

15159968072_b1cd129cd2_o.jpg

15157375041_bbe29d5094_o.jpg

15157376991_396a7b2ea6.jpg

15159968582_e9bb97ccb8.jpg

And a reference picture to the scene from the movie:

15157375281_3cbafd5133.jpg

Thanks for watching!

/Etzel

Absolutely lovely model from one of my favorite films! I love the shards of glass on the Ferrari. Heck, if you submitted this to Cuusoo, you'd definitely reach 10K in no time- 80's movie vehicles are the in crowd on there. :laugh:

AWESOME 'Etzel'......totally awesome ! :grin:

The car and scene is perfect.......now what made them think running a car in reverse would remove all those extra miles ? :laugh:

Brick On 'Etzel' ! :grin:

This is one of my best movie! ;-)

I love this scene, when the guys try to remove miles from Ferrari California after an epic day ...and you did an awesome work!

The villa with the great windows looks totally cool!

The three minifigures are fantastic!

Very Nice MOC. Ferris Bueller was my favorite movie of that era and this MOC captures that scene so well. Great work!

Very nice scene, I especially love the building, but also the figs look great. The broken glass is very well done.

The Ferrari is very nice, too, though I think the wheelbase should be one stud longer to get the proportions right. And I guess you had to omit the legs of the figs to fit them in. :wink:

But what I really like are those slightly tilted tiles to get a smooth slope above the front wheels - you don't see that very often. It's not so easy to get a good looking vehicle at this scale, but you've done a great job. :thumbup:

Nice representation!

Loved that movie as a kid. That part always made me sad...to destroy such a beautiful car. Good thing it wasn't the real thing!

You captured it well in LEGO form. I am terrible at car building, but this seems to be a good rendition.

I have not seen the movie before, but that is really a nice depict of an awesome crash. I like how the glass shatter and the car hanging above the tree.