Kristel

MOC: Blooming Blossoms (Modular Building)

Hi everyone!

I'd like to present my latest modular building, the "Blooming Blossoms". The building is named after the florist on the ground floor. I had a lot of fun with the florist. It's no secret that I love flowers, but this is the first time I've actually gotten around to doing florist. It feels like this one has been on my "to do" list forever!

13053911643_48fce13a8f_c.jpg

The florist has extended with a little garden room to house the exotic plants that need a little more sunlight and warmth.

13053796205_3048853c1b_c.jpg

13053721745_e8760b6b2a_c.jpg

13053652635_2033c7acea_c.jpg

The first floor of the apartment has a little kitchen, eating area and comfy sofa. No TV - hence, the reading lamp behind the sofa.

13053640125_167bb8a29d_c.jpg

13053624295_379348f3e1_c.jpg

The upper floor has a small bed and writing desk, as well as a bathroom with old-fashioned chain flush toilet.

13053923234_13bf5f00ca_c.jpg

More images on flickr!

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome!

Wonderful modular 'Kristel'........I like all the interior detailing.......especially the loo, very old fashioned (I never thought of doing a loo that way......mind if I take inspiration ?) :wink:

Brick On 'Kristel' ! :grin:

this is nicely done, clean lines as stated, well planned, good build. :laugh:

Edited by Jody Meyer

Fantastic! Chock-a-block full of lovely details and it has your usual classy facade. Another winner!

The detail that made me smile a lot was the lampshade - the use of that piece was very evocative of a tassel covered shade that seemed to be in every house in the UK in the 60's.

Yet another great build. I love the sunroom area in the florist. Even if I didn't have a florist, I'd want to incorporate that into my modular somehow.

The archway next to the cash register is very neat. Adds a lot of character to that store.

The apartment kitchen is superb! I might put some upper cabinets in mine, but otherwise it was going to look a lot like that. It's just nice to see how it would look in the brick. My only qualm would be the countertop color matching the floors. But in reality it isn't that big of a deal.

The bathroom is creative. I've never seen one of those old fashioned toilets. I like the use of the cape as a shower curtain.

You're one of the best modular builders out there Kristel. Very unique structure with great interior design. Love it!

I feel I learned a lot just by looking at the pictures. The details are lovely, it's the essence of good design: in a relatively small space, you got all the essential pieces of the apartment and of the florists, and it all looks good and well matched, yet it's still whimsical and personal, not just barely functional or barebones.

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!

Each time you can surprise me with such nice details... I love the rear of the building...

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. It means a lot to me!

Wonderful modular 'Kristel'........I like all the interior detailing.......especially the loo, very old fashioned (I never thought of doing a loo that way......mind if I take inspiration ?) :wink:

Brick On 'Kristel' ! :grin:

Thanks LT! Take all the inspiration you want!

Great! Love the greeenhouse! :thumbup:

Each time you can surprise me with such nice details... I love the rear of the building...

Thanks, SalvoBrick and Mauro. It's one of my favourite parts of this building. I had that greenhouse extension design in my head for ages, just needed time for the rest of the building to develop around it!

Fantastic! Chock-a-block full of lovely details and it has your usual classy facade. Another winner!

The detail that made me smile a lot was the lampshade - the use of that piece was very evocative of a tassel covered shade that seemed to be in every house in the UK in the 60's.

Thanks eurotrash. I wanted this apartment to have a older feel to it, like a little old lady lives there who refuses to update her possessions to the current century. Hence, the lampshade, no TV, the old fashioned toilet and the writing desk without a laptop or computer.

Yet another great build. I love the sunroom area in the florist. Even if I didn't have a florist, I'd want to incorporate that into my modular somehow.

The archway next to the cash register is very neat. Adds a lot of character to that store.

The apartment kitchen is superb! I might put some upper cabinets in mine, but otherwise it was going to look a lot like that. It's just nice to see how it would look in the brick. My only qualm would be the countertop color matching the floors. But in reality it isn't that big of a deal.

The bathroom is creative. I've never seen one of those old fashioned toilets. I like the use of the cape as a shower curtain.

Thanks LegoDr! Incorporate away. :classic: I think the matching colours for the countertop and flooring isn't a big deal as long as there is more colour overall in the room.

I feel I learned a lot just by looking at the pictures. The details are lovely, it's the essence of good design: in a relatively small space, you got all the essential pieces of the apartment and of the florists, and it all looks good and well matched, yet it's still whimsical and personal, not just barely functional or barebones.

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks! It means a lot to me that I can give some inspiration back to this great community.

Great attention to detail Kristel. Looks like you have another winner creation. I really like the back half bay windows. :wub:

Thanks Eliza, Wodanis and charly1221! I'm glad you like it.

Very clean and well done! I really like the sand green - such a beautiful color to use for buildings!

Thanks! Sand Green is definitely one of my favourite colours to work with.

Lovely kitchenette and furniture as always from you.

As usual very polished and great colour combo.

Nice one!

Lovely kitchenette and furniture as always from you.

As usual very polished and great colour combo.

Nice one!

Thanks Andrew! I'm glad you like it!

This is another great modular from you, Kristel! Well done. I didn't have time to comment on it earlier, but I looked at the pictures several times already. The white detailing on the front facade looks lovely. As for the interior, it's your style all over. I like the versatile collection of flowers and plants at the florist's.

This is another great modular from you, Kristel! Well done. I didn't have time to comment on it earlier, but I looked at the pictures several times already. The white detailing on the front facade looks lovely. As for the interior, it's your style all over. I like the versatile collection of flowers and plants at the florist's.

As allways a clean and fresh modular from you. It oozes springtime! Great build.

Thanks Redhead and Hobbythom!

Very lovely flowers and plants there! The whole house looks nice, but that is the highlight for me

What would be even greater is to builda small garden to the roof.