Superfunk

MOD: 7346 Seaside House Modular Building

Hi everyone!

As I really liked the 7346 Seaside House, I bought two and turned them into a 16-wide modular building with two small studios. The lower has a terrace with direct beach access, the upper a large balcony and the bedroom upstairs.

Comments and suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

---

Jamie is nervous - maybe tonight's dinner at the fancy restaurant is a better opportunity? :wink:

12029931483_b7c1663c7d_z.jpg

12030020334_aa93b00378_z.jpg

12030019804_3b974ff32a_z.jpg

12029656165_2c89f521ff_z.jpg

12030481056_2019aa2e2b_z.jpg

12029654965_210bca7c73_z.jpg

Originals on Flickr.

That is one of my favorite creator houses, and looks great as a modular. I love the kitchen with the crab on the wall, great touch.

That looks neat!

To find a set you really like and go buy two of em. I think thats the way to go to build it the way you like it best. Did you add any other bricks than from just the two beachhousesets?

That's a really nice conversion! I like how you kept most of the exterior detail from the actual set and the interior looks great.

Very nice conversion! Lots of little details, not one but two French balconies.

Andy D

That's a very nice Modular Building. I really like the backside with the pillars and the balcony.

I only feel that the bedroom is to big. Because of the ladder instead of stairs, I think that a smaller loft with bed would be more appropriate.

Thanks, everyone! I used the two sets and about 100 additional medium blue bricks (1x1, 1x2 and 1x4), lots of tiles, the parts for the interior and additional red slopes for the roof.

This looks great! My favourite part is the ground floor kitchen.

The original Seaside House is certainly one of my personal favorites from the Creator series of homes, so much in fact that I ended up buying three with the intention of doing something similar to your swell idea. Now I'm thinking I should have bought four. Haha. Anywho, I like what you did to the place. :wink:

I really enjoyed your work with this set, it kind of reminds me of what I did with set #4996 but yours is much more detailed and just full of ideas. My favourite is the wall-mounted crab. Keep them coming! To a creativity-impaired guy like me, MODing is one of the most fun things to do with Lego.

This is a wonderful modular building, I like all the details like the crab on the wall :classic:

Great work and happy building :laugh:

very nice mods, now all you need is a few of these modular sea houses all in one row

Must of added the floor tiles, I don't think it comes with any in the set.

Cool model! Did you do this by your mind or did you use software to make this first? It would be a please for me to rebuild this for myself :).

I'ld love to build this one! I'm really considering to buy an extra set and additional parts ;-)

Have you been inspired by the Parisian Restaurant for the stairs/balcony part? It's always a great idea to copy things that are good and then alter it for your own purposes. :blush:

Thanks all!

I tried to keep the stairs close to the original model (and turned them to the street) - but of course they are now similar to the Parisian Restaurant. I didn't design it with software first - I need to try things out with bricks. :wink: I had to get additional medium blue bricks, lots of tiles and some more parts together with the two sets to complete the MOD.

This looks great. Nice to see this set inspired you to do an upgrade. I'm really developing an appreciation for the Creator houses as a sub-theme. Consistently appealing design -- and holding great possibilities for expansion, as shown by your modular.