helos

MOC: DB electric locomotive e103

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Hi everyone,

I couldn't resist to the charm of this powerful German locomotive. So I'm now presenting my personal interpretation of the e103.

As it is so famous I don't think that this machine needs to be described. Enjoy the photos and I'll be glad to know what do you think.

103lgstmml.jpg

8738564613_0cdde27eb2_o.jpg

img_0560me.jpg

img_0575me.jpg

img_0577.jpg

8198.1281061916.jpg

img_0578me.jpg

That's very nice. I'm always interested to see how other people build a 103.

I'm very jealous of your 9V bogies, my PF ones don't run fast enough for such a powerful express engine. Maybe I need to change to the PF train motor instead and use your technique.

Beautiful engine 'helos', I really like the detailing on it and the scaling is pretty good too. :classic:

Brick On 'helos' ! :grin:

Great work! That's one of my favorite engines and you captured the round shape pretty well!

Thank you all guys for your replies. :classic:

Thats pretty awesome. Does it have a detailed interior, if so pics?

It doesn't have interior details because there is nearly no room left as the loco is full of snot solutions. The slopes curved 4x1 of the nose are mounted on hinges for hugging the frontal slopes 4x1 double, the upper vents are upside down on tiles 4x2 then together attached on clips for folding the assembly.

That's very nice. I'm always interested to see how other people build a 103.

Me too!!! Since the appearence of 7740, the e0103 has inspered dozens of Lego enthusiasts and I had examined with care their creations before building mine

I'm very jealous of your 9V bogies, my PF ones don't run fast enough for such a powerful express engine. Maybe I need to change to the PF train motor instead and use your technique.

IAs I said above to Simon, there's no room left inside for fitting battery pack and IR receiver. I always use 9V motor but with this model it was an obliged way.

Beautiful work as always helos, you have captured the look and style of this locomotive magnificently with this build, I am especially impressed with how you have been able to replicate the sloped sides.

Really well done! It really looks like the original. Does it take curves properly with 2x3wheels? Are wheels working by 3 or 2?

Great MOC!!!!

Very nice locomotive. I agree with the others that the curved and inclined parts contribute most to realistic appearance. The pantographs are also very nicely designed.

Finally we can see this beauty also on Eurobricks! :excited:

As already said my dear lego friend your ability to achieve different locomotives makes you a versatile builder ...better than me! :thumbup:

The rounded edges of this locomotive are difficult to implement, but you've managed to perfection! :wub:

Long live to the set 7740! :laugh:

E103 is one of my favorite locos and I think you have made a beautiful design. The curved shapes are really tricky to replicate accurately. Also I like the tan-dkred color scheme - same as I have on my 103 ;-)

Thank you all guys!!! :blush: Your comments makes me really happy. :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

I noticed that the slopes side is appreciated so I've thought to share some photos of the loco partially disessembled. I don't use any CAD program for making the project consequently I have no instructions. You can now to see the main solutions I've thought up.

Really well done! It really looks like the original. Does it take curves properly with 2x3wheels? Are wheels working by 3 or 2?

Great MOC!!!!

As you can see in the following pics the third wheel assembly is jointed to the motor so as it can follow the bend and shift under the loco body. It needs only a proper speed along the bends. I think it is better to replace the pin with a screw for a more rigid coupling to avoid dangling

IMG_7490mr_jpg.jpg?m=1379809832

IMG_7491mr.jpg?m=1379809843

IMG_7495mr.jpg?m=1379809858

IMG_7499mr.jpg?m=1379809878

Finally we can see this beauty also on Eurobricks! :excited:

As already said my dear lego friend your ability to achieve different locomotives makes you a versatile builder ...better than me! :thumbup:

The rounded edges of this locomotive are difficult to implement, but you've managed to perfection! :wub:

Long live to the set 7740! :laugh:

Are you sure? I really need of making practice with a steam BRs and even some suggestions from a master :wink: to complete my BR 41 and BR80. I've been working on them for too loooooooong time and they are still unfinished. :cry_sad: Maybe my next goals after the entire e103 convoy

.....waiting for another creation from you :moar:

E103 is one of my favorite locos and I think you have made a beautiful design. The curved shapes are really tricky to replicate accurately. Also I like the tan-dkred color scheme - same as I have on my 103 ;-)

....really? :innocent2: you can bet that I've seen it!!! :wink: That one and other creations of yours are so inspiring...... I hope you like this aspect of Lego world.

IMHO sharing for improving it should be one of the main pillar of this community.

Edited by helos

A fantastic build of a classic locomotive, there are so many great details tucked into your MOC. Now you just need a string of passenger cars for her to pull (grin)

Grande Helos, another wonderful creation!i hope 16 of agoust come fast to come back and have another meeting....

Excellent work like ever, you want to made the full train? i have understand?

So, don't play on the web, let's start to play Lego!!

Ciao Helos..ci vediamo!

Wow, that's what I call a wonderful, brilliant and detailed replica of a real-life engine! I also love your photoshop work! Looks like an official LEGO set. I think lots of people would succumb to the temptation of buying it had it really been an official set.

It seems to be quite heavy since it has two motors on it, or maybe you just want it to pull lots waggons.

Great job. It is a beautiful creation. And those detailed images actually make it even more impressive. Those are some stunning techniques you used there.

no need for wight block I guess, there are so many parts inside to create that nice curves! Looks very nice, I only prefer 6 wide trains better, but this 8-one is really stunning!