The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Its also listed in the Brick by Brick app on iOS, which, whilst not made by Lego, does have almost all instructions in it, which wouldn't be allowed without Legos permissions, due to copyright laws, so must have some legitimacy from there, surely.  

Strange, in this 'final' stadium no post in this topic for almost 24 hours... Everything that should have been said, has been said, i guess.. so the time has come to reveal news about the new modular or should we call it 'Modular Assembly Square Anniversary Set 2017'............:classic:

2 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Strange, in this 'final' stadium no post in this topic for almost 24 hours... Everything that should have been said, has been said, i guess.. so the time has come to reveal news about the new modular or should we call it 'Modular Assembly Square Anniversary Set 2017'............:classic:

Maybe people finally got the message that it's pretty pointless to keep posting in a topic when there's nothing new to discuss.

As always, a thread for the new modular will be created once we have an official press release.

Hello everyone, just joined, I'll post a full intro and a project that I'm working on shortly, the screenshot caught my eye in regards to the date: 1/4/16 or 1st April - April fools day... 

Is it the arrogance of Americans or something that makes so many American people read a certain date only one way ie. month/day/year? The rest of the world has it as day/month/year. And the currency in that picture isn't even American dollars, so why would you assume the way the date is written is the American way? It would make more sense for a modular to be released on the 4th of January rather than the 1st of April anyway.

1 minute ago, Jern92 said:

Is it the arrogance of Americans or something that makes so many American people read a certain date only one way ie. month/day/year? The rest of the world has it as day/month/year. And the currency in that picture isn't even American dollars, so why would you assume the way the date is written is the American way? It would make more sense for a modular to be released on the 4th of January rather than the 1st of April anyway.

Hello Jern, I'm not American but if it's a hoax and created by an American then that's how the date would have been written. Just a thought!

Hey, remember last year when everyone thought this year's modular wasn't coming out until April? That's because D2C sets are available through other online retailers three months after the official release, meaning some sources will show a release date three months later. So just to clear up any confusion, here's a release date even the backwards-talkers can agree on: 1/1. :classic:

January 4 seems odd to me only because the last two or three have been released on January 1 (1-1 regardless of where you live):classic:  The 4th of January is on a Wednesday as well, so I cannot see why a set would be released then as opposed to three days earlier.  New Year's Day does fall on a Sunday, therefore there is a chance that many stores will be closed due to a combination of a Sunday and a holiday.  Last year, I bought the Brick Bank on January 1st, but it was not a Sunday.  Typically, new sets will debut on S@H somewhere around local time midnight on January 1.  They debut in the Lego stores typically the same day.  

If this is indeed a really expensive set, and the news does not debut until November as suggested, then I am led to believe that we will not see this at the beginning of January.  Knowledge of what is coming out will enable people to make some choices and save the money needed to buy the set.  Also, many of us are fairly financially exhausted since we just made it through Christmas.  Sure I may get some gift certificates, but certainly not enough to cover something in the 300's range, especially if I have only known about it for a month.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Maybe people finally got the message that it's pretty pointless to keep posting in a topic when there's nothing new to discuss.

As always, a thread for the new modular will be created once we have an official press release.

I took it that LegoSjaak was hinting that it was time for him to release inside info he has on the new Modular Assembly Square! 

1 hour ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

January 4 seems odd to me only because the last two or three have been released on January 1 (1-1 regardless of where you live):classic:  The 4th of January is on a Wednesday as well, so I cannot see why a set would be released then as opposed to three days earlier.

They always have problems with their site at that time, maybe launching a big product on a Wednesday will allow them to make everything ready on Monday & Tuesday :grin:

3 hours ago, Jern92 said:

I'm not going to pretend that the date mismatches we have aren't annoying, but I highly doubt it is arrogance for many of us in the United States.
It's just the way we're used to seeing dates written every single day of our lives...

Getting back to the real subject at hand: I'm looking forward to the possibility of a larger modular.

At first I was put off by 10224: Town Hall when it was announced.
But the images grew on me and I really enjoyed building it once I purchased it.
In fact, it's one of my favorite modulars today.

I'm just hoping the prices for any subsequent sets don't get much higher than they already are - if TLG continues with the modular line after this set.

Actually 1/4/17 to Americans is January 4, 2017 so that is what we saw right away, but don't Europeans use the . instead of the /?  So 1.4.17?  Maybe that is just business stuff I have seen.

I will maintain that if Jan 1 is a Sunday, that doesn't matter to TLG, have been to stores many times on Sunday when the date is the 1st and the new sets were there.

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

Guys, Banjo just said the release date is January 1st.

Banjo?

16 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Banjo?

See here:

5 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Hey, remember last year when everyone thought this year's modular wasn't coming out until April? That's because D2C sets are available through other online retailers three months after the official release, meaning some sources will show a release date three months later. So just to clear up any confusion, here's a release date even the backwards-talkers can agree on: 1/1. :classic:

Sorry to disappoint you guys ... January 1 is fake ...

it's a Sunday

, it will be January 2. :grin:

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

Sorry to disappoint you guys ... January 1 is fake ...

Hide contents

it's a Sunday

, it will be January 2. :grin:

I don;t see how a Sunday makes any difference. January 1st is a bank holiday and they release sets then. What difference does it being a Sunday make?

11 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

so the time has come to reveal news about the new modular or should we call it 'Modular Assembly Square Anniversary Set 2017'............:classic:

Untill today I was expecting 2 new modulars: the yearly one (e.g. a bakery with new moulded pigeons) AND the anniversary set. Only now I realise it's more logical if there will be only one modular... But I wouldn't mind if I'm wrong! :cry_happy:

5 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

January 4 seems odd to me only because the last two or three have been released on January 1 (1-1 regardless of where you live):classic:  The 4th of January is on a Wednesday as well, so I cannot see why a set would be released then as opposed to three days earlier.  New Year's Day does fall on a Sunday, therefore there is a chance that many stores will be closed due to a combination of a Sunday and a holiday.  Last year, I bought the Brick Bank on January 1st, but it was not a Sunday.  Typically, new sets will debut on S@H somewhere around local time midnight on January 1.  They debut in the Lego stores typically the same day.  

If this is indeed a really expensive set, and the news does not debut until November as suggested, then I am led to believe that we will not see this at the beginning of January.  Knowledge of what is coming out will enable people to make some choices and save the money needed to buy the set.  Also, many of us are fairly financially exhausted since we just made it through Christmas.  Sure I may get some gift certificates, but certainly not enough to cover something in the 300's range, especially if I have only known about it for a month.

In September in the USA the free Nexo minifigure with $50 purchase started September 5th, not the 1st. The Death Star came out Sept 30th and not October 1 like the Holiday Train.

LEGO 'prettied' up their website, but it is still a horrible website, they need new servers. I think they started separating the releases a little more so the servers don't crash. I can see some sets coming out December 26, like the City ones, then Nexo and NinjaGo coming out on January 1st, and then this set on January 4th. Just so there isn't one big rush for new sets all at once.

8 hours ago, Jern92 said:

It's no arrogance.  It's just that when you have something ingrained in you from the time you learn it, you only "see" it that way.  It's no different than you seeing the date and thinking it's written "the right way."  In America, there is literally no exposure to dates being written any other way.  Just like temperature or distance or weight. I work for the military, and even though we general write out our dates (so it would be day/month/year, but expressed as: 4 January 2017), we don't use a shorthand for our dates (we don't write 4/1/17). 

I'm trained in a disciple that "makes" me think of multiple units of measure, so I'm always thinking about it.  I'm "bilingual" that way.  But it's not the norm here in the States.  It's not right or wrong, it just is.

Edited by Alpinemaps

Was anyone able to spot new elements in the newly revealed Arkhan Asylum which might also be used for the 2017 Lego Modular?

I hope that the reveal of the three Lego Batman Movie sets doesn't mean an even longer wait until the reveal of the 2017 Lego Modular (although I have no idea if Lego deliberately "stagger" their reveals, especially since the LBM reveals occurred just days after the DC Superhero Girls reveals).

10 hours ago, lomis said:

I'm not going to pretend that the date mismatches we have aren't annoying, but I highly doubt it is arrogance for many of us in the United States.
It's just the way we're used to seeing dates written every single day of our lives...

Getting back to the real subject at hand: I'm looking forward to the possibility of a larger modular.

Well said. And Glad to see that the release date is actually on 1/1. :grin:

p6bm2dthdtpx.jpg

Possible leak by Lepin of the Assembly Square. Both sad and hilarious that a copying Chinese company got it released before Lego...

Image from reddit, credits to Brickthusiast!

Turns out Lepin copied a MOC that was also posted on Lego Ideas!

Edited by Doge

Thanks for sharing it here. Didn't know how to upload the image. It could be the new modular, but I was wondering if lepin ever made one that hasn't been a copy of the original LEGO Modulars? If this is the first, probably not, they did a good job. 

Does anyone know how the real LEGO Creator Expert 10255 Assembly Square looks like and confirm if this is a copy of that particular set?