The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yes, but where is our friend GRogall ?

LT you may have answered your own question! Lol.

There may be no sign of him for the simple reason that there might be no news regards the next modular building!

Well, he might pop up again in July eh ? :laugh:

Remember back a few years ago we use to see clues in a current design to point to what's next......since the PR was so detailed there is almost no way to tell the direction modulars will now take ?

Well, he might pop up again in July eh ? :laugh:

Remember back a few years ago we use to see clues in a current design to point to what's next......since the PR was so detailed there is almost no way to tell the direction modulars will now take ?

Roll on July!

As far as clues go, the PR is throwing up a multitude of guesses.

Does anyone not notice that this whole thread about a modular carousel must be fake....

Lego has already done a grand carousel and the set number that people keep throwing around is actually from the town hall!!!!

Come on people work it out.....

If you read the article the rumor is based on, it's NOT a carousel that is rumored, but rather another fairground type ride that should fit in with the THEME of the carousel.

Does anyone not notice that this whole thread about a modular carousel must be fake....

Lego has already done a grand carousel and the set number that people keep throwing around is actually from the town hall!!!!

Come on people work it out.....

The leaked descriptions describe it as more of an "eggbeater" type carnival ride. So probably something more along the lines of a nested spinning contraption to induce violent illness.

... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ...ok, i 'll buy other things....why lost the modulars? It's great! and each mold be better!!!.....Lego this time you let me down :angry: :angry: :angry::cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

If the Parisian Restaurant came out in January, would there likely be another modular this year? I would love to have another to build...sooner than later....Haha! I added the Haunted House to my street, its next to the PR, but I think its bad for business, its scaring off the punters..! ;-)

Edited by talos

Guuys, im contemplating to buy a new lego set but not sure which should go first? Fire brigade is a bit expensive so I lack funds for that, and up next is the pet shop and palace cinema but the Simpsons house is tempting me. :( Any suggestion? I have GE and PR right now.

Guuys, im contemplating to buy a new lego set but not sure which should go first? Fire brigade is a bit expensive so I lack funds for that, and up next is the pet shop and palace cinema but the Simpsons house is tempting me. :( Any suggestion? I have GE and PR right now.

Well remember the Simpsons house is at a different scale than the modulars, so you decide if you want to stay in the same scale or not. After I'm also hesitating between PS and PC as my next purchase, also owning GE and PR. I know PS is being retired soon, but I like my city to keep a more or less unified color scheme, which is why PC is actually tempting me more. It all depends on your use of your lego sets. If you are buying them to sit on a shelf and look nice, or creating a city than maybe sticking with the modulars is best. If you are okay with having a creation stand apart and are tempted by the Simpsons house than listen to your heart :classic:

The dutch site tells me about a more than one thing for people to enjoy at this carnival, like a carrousel or something (swirling mixer) The swirling mixer glows in the dark...(ough.. :sick: .) It comes with 12 minifigs.... a dizzy man, 2 boys, two girls, a woman selling ticketsThere is a stand where you can buy tickets etc... it actually looks a lot like last years winterset to me.. It can be true that TLG brings out two carrousel sets :wacko: .. i simply don't believe that, and would not like to believe it... a non-building thing like a carrousel.. it was already hard to buy the 10235 winterset, but okay, it wasn't thát bad.. but again a set like that...noooo...'For the winterset 2014 they are talking about Santa's 10245 house or station where they make presents....there wil be elves, of course Santa and his wife, baking cookies...Total of 6 minifigs.... There will also be a 10242 Mini Cooper MK VII, fitting in the range of the Beetle 10187 and the Volkswagen T1 10220..... But please...give us a building as a modular next year, not a carnival or what so ever.......These sets are supposed to be available in fall....... I'm only repeating what i'm reading on the dutch site..can't tell if it's true...lets pray not... :cry_sad: .!!!!

Edited by LegoSjaak

10244 Carnival (temp name?) will be a fairground attractions, with the focus being a Mixer/Scrambler ride, glow-in-the-dark feature and the mixer folds up to be transported. It is not a building, but does integrate with the modular sets, it does contain 12 minifigures, including a juggler on stilts, a man who is dizzy from the ride, two boys and two girls, ticket vendor.

This is releasing May 15th for VIP, and June 1st for everyone for $150

This came from a Lego employee I know...manager level, but I have seen similar posted out on other sites...

Edited by Herky

10244 Carnival (temp name?) will be a fairground attractions, with the focus being a Mixer/Scrambler ride, glow-in-the-dark feature and the mixer folds up to be transported. It is not a building, but does integrate with the modular sets, it does contain 12 minifigures, including a juggler on stilts, a man who is dizzy from the ride, two boys and two girls, ticket vendor.

This came from a Lego employee I know...manager level, but I have seen similar posted out on other sites...

Is it just a set that fits with the modulars, or is actually part of the modular series?

What I have understood so far is it will be a part of the Creator Expert series, which is not limited to modular series. So yes, it might be a Creator Expert set, but no, it does not necessarily mean it is a modular.

Well, poop. I was hoping that the May 15th VIP early release was going to be the Ghostbusters Ecmo1 :angry:

Well, poop. I was hoping that the May 15th VIP early release was going to be the Ghostbusters Ecmo1 :angry:

That has already been said will come out in June.

If you are thinking the Simpsons House, also consider the Haunted House. It is on its way out, is one of the best sets Lego ever released, and is much closer in scale and style to the Modulars than the Simpsons House.

If you are thinking the Simpsons House, also consider the Haunted House. It is on its way out, is one of the best sets Lego ever released, and is much closer in scale and style to the Modulars than the Simpsons House.

I will second the Haunted House. It is beautiful on its own, and will also look amazing in a city/town. It's the ONLY set left in the Monster Fighters Theme, so it's on it's way out...

Don't be shocked if it is announced at the Philly brick fest this Saturday just a hunch I have.

Well remember the Simpsons house is at a different scale than the modulars, so you decide if you want to stay in the same scale or not. After I'm also hesitating between PS and PC as my next purchase, also owning GE and PR. I know PS is being retired soon, but I like my city to keep a more or less unified color scheme, which is why PC is actually tempting me more. It all depends on your use of your lego sets. If you are buying them to sit on a shelf and look nice, or creating a city than maybe sticking with the modulars is best. If you are okay with having a creation stand apart and are tempted by the Simpsons house than listen to your heart :classic:

Hi ive come to a decision to get the fire brigade instead. At same price of the simpsons, i think i wont pass with the fire brigade. Ill get the simpsons on December instead hehe

I will second the Haunted House. It is beautiful on its own, and will also look amazing in a city/town. It's the ONLY set left in the Monster Fighters Theme, so it's on it's way out...

I am eyeing with this set since last month but Im not sure i can place it in between sets. Attached?

I am eyeing with this set since last month but Im not sure i can place it in between sets. Attached?

It does not have the technic pins on the bottom, and because it opens on a hinge it's not a true modular. But I second (or third) that the Haunted House should be on your short list! I like it better than any modular released so far, and it's easy to change into one and get rid of the run-down "haunted" bits. It's just a really fun set. I don't expect it will be around much past Halloween of this year. It will most definitely jump in price once retired.