indexed.gif

This is my city of Troy. I was inspired by the spartan minifig but the idea of building a horse was around so I just put the two things together and the diffrent buildings just came up one after the other. It contains various elements such as the towers and city walls, several giant statues, barracks, stables, fountains... and a lot of columns.

The main buildings are the palace of king Priamo, the two temples and the theatre.

I hope you'll like it

1300749856m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749849m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749909m_SPLASH.jpg

I'm afraid I don't know how to post pics yet

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

First, one little thing - edit your page the pictures didn't show up.....but I have dp'ed one for you.

1300749856m_SPLASH.jpg

Second, SMEGGING AWESOME.....what is it today....first 'snaillad' in the town forum, now you 'dongo' with AWESOME work ! *oh2*

So much detail and scale it's almost too much for one whole MOC ! :wink:

I will say it's one the finest BC-era creations ever inmy opinion.....Brick On 'dongo'....Brick On ! :grin:

Wow!

Many thanks to LT for posting that image. That is an absolutely incredible work Dongo! The temple architecture and tiling in particular stand out. The gates are incredible, the temple at the back with the statue is amazing, the courtyards are superb, I could just keep going on and on about this. This is absolutely brilliant! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your works!

Hey LightningTiger, any chance you can give us a link to the photos, or possibly post more?

Sirius

1300749856m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749849m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749909m_SPLASH.jpg

edit your post dongo and remove the first http:// from each image link and they'll show up.

Welcome to EB, and very nice job, dongo! Not to sure about the blue street (?), but everything else is very well done. :thumbup:

First, one little thing - edit your page the pictures didn't show up.....but I have dp'ed one for you.

(SNIPPITY SNIPPITY SNIP SNIP) Second, SMEGGING AWESOME.....what is it today....first 'snaillad' in the town forum, now you 'dongo' with AWESOME work ! *oh2*

So much detail and scale it's almost too much for one whole MOC ! :wink:

I will say it's one the finest BC-era creations ever inmy opinion.....Brick On 'dongo'....Brick On ! :grin:

He said it all! :sweet:

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Wow, this is an incredible brickbuilt rendition of the City of Troy! I love the various structures and elements you've put in this build, from the temples, to the coliseum, and even the statues are all very well done. :thumbup:

Welcome to EB, and very nice job, dongo! Not to sure about the blue street (?), but everything else is very well done. :thumbup:

I think the blue street if for represent water sorrounding the main street.

By the way welcome dongo, such a great entrance. :thumbup:

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks! This is a very nice way to introduce yourself with city of Troy. :thumbup:

Wow, looks great! :thumbup: The statues look amazing, i'd love to see some more close-ups.

Marvelous! The walls and street are very nice. Such a great MOC, you really came in with a bang!

Thank you all for your welcome. Now you can see the pictures and I'll add some more of the details.

There are a few details more to be added, such as a few more columns around the first mosaic and the substitution of the blue baseplates by tan ones. At first the whole city was on blue baseplates in contrast with the buildings that are mainly in soft colours, but "under the pressure" of friends I have finally agreed to change them.

Everything started with the gates of the city which can be opened with just a finger and are defended by the two colossal statues.

1292274126m_SPLASH.jpg

1292273715m_SPLASH.jpg

1292273756m_SPLASH.jpg

Main buildings are the two temples and the royal palace.

1293125631m_SPLASH.jpg

1293922324m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749834m_SPLASH.jpg

The theatre and the barracks.

1297596208m_SPLASH.jpg

1294688707m_SPLASH.jpg

Other elements are statues: the warriors, the archer and Hercules

1300749806m_SPLASH.jpg

1294442297m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749840m_SPLASH.jpg

The Fenix fountain and the horse of Troy

1300749826m_SPLASH.jpg

1300749786m_SPLASH.jpg

Dongl, that's a really, really, really great MOC! There's so much excellent details. The only thing I'd change though are the swimming trunks on the statues, they just look a little odd. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Edited by Gregorovich

I love the color schemes on the temples. The white, tan, and medium blue combination creates a wonderful Aegean/Hellenistic look. Thanks so much for posting these close-up shots yesterday. I can now clearly see most of the buildings that I could only roughly admire when you first posted, but certain smaller details are still difficult to observe acutely due to the size of the images.

Hey Dongo, welcome to Eurobricks!

Your version of Troy is really impressive - in scale and detail! I like your solution to rolling those big gates too. I think I'd love to see this scene populated with lots of minifigs: maybe a day scene with the city bustling with actiivty as the inhabitants go about their daily routine; and a night scene where the city is quiet, guards stand wearily at thier posts unaware of the as the greeks descend from theTorjan horse and run amok in the city!

IamF4u5t just putted an old post on top, so this is not a new moc.

Possible that the owner allready deleted the pics, or the server did...

I don't expect to see the pictures now....

There are still a lot of new MOC's to check about :wink: