On 6/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

At least the Sian gets the hunching pose, the fat face, and the basic lines correct.

The Sian is 1:8. The bigger the car, the more detailed it gets

6 hours ago, madn3ss795 said:

No diff

No steering rack

Lime color mismatch is still an eyesore

Quite underwhelming tbh

Found a review:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-42161-lamborghini-huracan-tecnica-review?noamp=mobile

• From what I see from this review, I have to agree, the steering is very sloppy and has a lot of slack, the worst one by far.
  • Color issues are same if not worse as Lambo, it's BEEN 3 YEARS, is LEGO still overcooking those parts (22961, 15100 and such connectors which are made from a differnt, softer type of plastic) during production?
  • And just general shaping is not as accurate as other cars at such scale even with the new micro panels. I suspect because the original reference is just not the best suitable for such small scale and curvy, organic shapes.
  • If the Senna and Bolide were a hit, than this is sadly more of a miss IMO...
  • BUT to end on a positive note, it is a good lime parts pack, having more panels and wheel arches in other colors is always a good thing for MOC-ing.

Looking at this as a somebody who does not know the source material, it actually does not look bad at all (apart from color inconsistencies). I mean the parts are used nicely to create surfaces that don't look too jagged for the scale. The only area I don't like is where the rear fender meets the large wing panel above it, that's discontinuous for me. And I guess most children don't see that many Lambos, so they don't know the source material either :) So it's okay for them..

20 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

And I guess most children don't see that many Lambos

My kids do, but we live in a Swiss banking city... :shrug_oh_well: Especially the Urus is popular here, it seems to be considered as a nice family car...

9 minutes ago, astyanax said:

My kids do, but we live in a Swiss banking city... :shrug_oh_well: Especially the Urus is popular here, it seems to be considered as a nice family car...

Okay, your kids are the exception then :) But what I did learn recently, is that many cars that Lego (and MOCers) choose to build are not even easy to buy for even rich people, because they are limited production series, or limited to race tracks, and so on. So I guess there are not many of those running around on the streets. Most people only know them from the internet I guess, and probably only hardcore fans know the exact differences in their silhouettes..

I really want to buy it, but the color mismatch in the details is really depressing ... but with 42138 what are the same problems or were the connectors normal there?

I'm hoping to put a diff in there and a steering rack to make it look like a complete car...

They could put it in yellow or orange, that would be better...

Edited by Ksen48

Here is my review

Unfortunately it still has the lime discoloration problem as the lamborghini sian from 2020

One-wheel drive is a deal-breaker for me. The whole set seems like a step backwards after the excellent Bolide.

12 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

One-wheel drive is a deal-breaker for me. The whole set seems like a step backwards after the excellent Bolide.

Bolide should have single wheel drive too, like 42123 for easier steering.

Shouldn't they just release a small differential for these scaled cars? Than it would be easier

Just now, Jockos said:

Shouldn't they just release a small differential for these scaled cars? Than it would be easier

Differential can't really be made narrower, except maybe as a 2L width factory-assembled part with specialized internal gears. That would probably be too expensive for these small low-price sets. The 2L width would also require some weird half-stud offsets in assembly.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:24 PM, Zerobricks said:

From what I see from this review, I have to agree, the steering is very sloppy and has a lot of slack, the worst one by far.

Where did you actually see that in the review? I read it twice but there's nothing about slack and sloppiness. Steering is the usual, it's absolutely direct and without slack, but a fairly limited steering angle. Nothing different compared to the similarly sized models.  

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

Where did you actually see that in the review? I read it twice but there's nothing about slack and sloppiness. Steering is the usual, it's absolutely direct and without slack, but a fairly limited steering angle. Nothing different compared to the similarly sized models.  

Just from the way it's constructed. From my experience a standard geared rack has much less slack than a lever with 2 beams from my experiences. I used a similar type of steering for a model and even though I used pin joiners which are thicker than 1x1 beans, it still couldn't get it to drive properly straight. Changing to a normal gear rack was much more accurate. So just speaking from my experience, but of course maybe I'm too strict, since this is a manual model. 

Placed next to the Sian it looks like entry to TC25. ;)

Anyway it looks ok, just the colour inconsistency issue...

PS: funny typo in the Sariel's review summary: "the wheel is connected to a single rear wheel only". :pir-laugh:

Just now, Zerobricks said:

So just speaking from my experience, but of course maybe I'm too strict, since this is a manual model. 

I have the model in front of me, and I can tell you that the steering is more direct than in the NASCAR Camaro which has a "proper" steering rack. Steering angle is slightly more limited, but won't really affect the playability. 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I have the model in front of me, and I can tell you that the steering is more direct than in the NASCAR Camaro which has a "proper" steering rack. Steering angle is slightly more limited, but won't really affect the playability. 

That sounds good, but of course you only have 2 bevel gears in the Lambo, while Camaro has like 12:20:12 straight gearing and another 12:12 bevel gearing, so it makes sense it's less responsive. Anyway, i just find a proper steering rack a much cleaner and realistic solution than using a handle :wink:

Hmm... well, since it lacks a steering rack, a diff and a mix of lime color, will it be possible to build an analogue from 42151 + a few other parts? There are not enough yellow arches, both old and new.

21 hours ago, Jockos said:

Every time Lego releases these little cars without a differential and next day somebody manages to insert the differential in the rear axle. 

So this piece is not a problem in right hands.

Edited by Parazels

Wazzup guys, this is not-Balage-from-RacingBrick sharing a video about Balage from Racing Brick :grin:

If I buy this set then only for the parts for my Lamborghini Aventador 1:8, because this set has parts that the Sian did not have.

I bought this yesterday and I LOVE it. VERY fun build (its been so long since I bought Technic that I forgot just how fun it is to build) and a great looking model given the limitations of the size and price point.

I would have loved it in a color other than Verde Selvans (aka lime green). Maybe Viola Pasife (purple) but the lime green still looks decent (and it does appear to be the "default" color for the car that Lambo uses in the marketing so it makes sense)

First photo of 42196. Since it's practically the same set, I don't see any point in making a new thread.

LEGO-42196-leak.png?resize=768,757&ssl=1